The Official Bigfooty Week 1 NBA thread (2017-18)

Remove this Banner Ad

It is s**t though, no player who flings the ball from one side of his face like Ball does is ever going to have a respectable jumpshot.

He's a no defense playing version of Rondo.
Wrong. He shot fine with it in college.

The problem with his jumper is that it prohibits him from creating a variety of shots off the dribble.

That doesn't mean he'll be a bad shooter though. He could easily be fine in the NBA at catch and shoot shots, stepbacks and jumpers when the defence sags off him.

Interesting a member of the media complaining about a player being over-hyped. They're the ones doing it.
It's not the media saying it, it's his father that has made the media say it and now it might come back and bite him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Don't get why Ball keeps being compared to Rondo. Rondo was an elite defender in his prime with a shitty jumpshot.

Just because Ball's jumper looks awful doesn't mean it's s**t. I don't think Ball will ever be a great scorer but his jumpshot will at least keep defenders a lot more honest than Rondo's did in Boston.
It was just an assumption based off of a couple of games if I was to compare him to anyone rondo was the closest person I could think of.

I was saying in the off-season people are underrating them, they are a smoky for the playoffs with how s**t the east is.

Russell just needed to get out of the s**t hole that is the Lakers.
Yeah that's true well if they get to the playoffs Boston will love given Cavs there pick haha.

It was just an assumption based off of a couple of games if I was to compare him to anyone rondo was the closest person I could think of.

Yeah I know. I've seen plenty of other people compare him to Rondo too.

Rondo was quicker, had better handles but was far more tentative scoring the basket. Easily one of the strangest players I've watched because in the playoffs in his Boston days he had a habit of attacking offensively in a completely different way.

I'm not saying Lonzo is going to be Magic Johnson but when I've watched him his play style seems fairly similar.

Its actually good that Lonzo's jumper doesn't look like every other guy's, less boring than if everyone just had the same shooting action

Yeah I know. I've seen plenty of other people compare him to Rondo too.

Rondo was quicker, had better handles but was far more tentative scoring the basket. Easily one of the strangest players I've watched because in the playoffs in his Boston days he had a habit of attacking offensively in a completely different way.

I'm not saying Lonzo is going to be Magic Johnson but when I've watched him his play style seems fairly similar.
Oh definitely no magic that's for sure, but yeah it'll be easier after one season to then compare him to any similar players. But until then he has to back his father's big mouth by going 15-5 and the Lakers are already 1-2.

Its actually good that Lonzo's jumper doesn't look like every other guy's, less boring than if everyone just had the same shooting action
Like I said though I don't know how he'll ever become an offensive weapon if he keeps shooting like that. There's only so many catch and shoot and pullup/stepback opportunities where he has the ball in his left hand for the shot.

He can easily be more of a threat offensively than Rondo but with pick 2 you'd want him to be more than that I would have thought.

It is s**t though, no player who flings the ball from one side of his face like Ball does is ever going to have a respectable jumpshot.

He's a no defense playing version of Rondo.

That is a horrible comparison.

He shot 41% from 3 in college and he shot deep 3s. He basically transformed that team offensively aswell.

He is significantly better already than rondo was in his first 2 seasons.

Also forgot to mention Brooklyn 2-1 atm lol, could even pick them for the 10th-12th seed this season.
They just needed to get rid of Lopez and get a few decent guards and wings. They've done that and they'll win more than last season if their guards stay fit.

Their record with Lin last year was yards better than when he was injured. D-Lo basically Lin's impact on steroids.

Oh definitely no magic that's for sure, but yeah it'll be easier after one season to then compare him to any similar players. But until then he has to back his father's big mouth by going 15-5 and the Lakers are already 1-2.

So, any judgement you have on Lonzo Ball is determined by what his father says? Get a grip mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You been watching Fox? It's all Lonzo Ball, Lonzo Ball, Lonzo Ball .... and you try to tell me it's not the media? Rubbish.
His dad stirred up the media shitstorm. Sure there would have already been a whole lot of heat on the kid purely because Lakers, but american media have bought his dad's bullshit hook, line and sinker.

By all reports he's a fairly quiet, reserved kid. I'm sure if Lavar wasn't Lavar, there wouldn't be this much bullshit surrounding him.

I am enjoying people asking him questions and giving him this false sense that he knows NBA basketball. I don't think the Lakers are going to be winning many games, and I look forward to these deteriorating as the season wears on.

Lavar has played the media pretty well. At first it started as a joke but he has seen the hype it has generated and the idiots keep coming back to him. He's basically like the basketball equivalent of a wrestling promoter for his sons.

At this stage I'm actually amused by him. Wasn't a fan at all at first but pretty obvious what he is doing currently. Lonzo's fanboys are the ones I can't stand.

Lavar has played the media pretty well. At first it started as a joke but he has seen the hype it has generated and the idiots keep coming back to him. He's basically like the basketball equivalent of a wrestling promoter for his sons.

At this stage I'm actually amused by him. Wasn't a fan at all at first but pretty obvious what he is doing currently. Lonzo's fanboys are the ones I can't stand.
Same here, he’s grown on me big time. You can see he’s having a laugh after every interview.

I would have thought the obvious counterpoint for saying Lonzo can't ever shoot well with that style would be Kevin Martin, very similar shooting style and he went alright. I think Lonzo will be fine with it on open jumpers, it's the contested ones and going right which will cause an issue.

Rondo comparisons are pretty weird too, I guess I get it as Lonzo might put up pretty similar stat lines but they don't really play the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back