The Official Bigfooty Week 22 Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm not a fan generally. Always hoped that the Canadian commentary might be a little more subdued, but their main caller screams like Daryl Eastlake every time the Raptors score.

Although I did notice the other day that Toronto's home court is officially spelled as the Air Canada Centre , so it's not all bad.

Do they also apologise a lot? :D

The Stephen Adams/Paul George/Carmelo Anthony/Corey Brewer/Russell Westbrook starting line-up is 5-0 for OKC, and the Thunder are 6-0 overall with Brewer in the starting line-up.

It seems like Brewer is a better fit for their line-up than Andre Roberson, because he's at least capable of offering something on the offensive end, while also being disruptive on defense.

They managed to out-gun a quality Toronto unit today, and are getting hot at the right time. Are the Thunder capable of making any real noise in the playoffs, or are they just Conference Semis and out, as currently projected (currently 4th best record in the West)?

It seems like Brewer is a better fit for their line-up than Andre Roberson, because he's at least capable of offering something on the offensive end, while also being disruptive on defense.

Roberson has been out injured and the Thunder's defence collapsed without him, so I'm not sure how you figure that.

Brewer is not a patch on Roberson defensively.

They managed to out-gun a quality Toronto unit today, and are getting hot at the right time. Are the Thunder capable of making any real noise in the playoffs, or are they just Conference Semis and out, as currently projected (currently 4th best record in the West)?

Eh, three of those six wins were against the Kings, Suns & Hawks, while the Spurs and Clips aren't exactly running at full capacity.

They're fully capable of matching it with anyone in a seven game series because they've got gun isolation scorers and their depth issues with be hidden somewhat. Odds are their faulty defence will count against them though.

Well lets be honest - last time you faced a healthy spurs team we were up by 20+pts at half time of game 1 WCF.
That aside - a fully healthy spurs team isn't good enough to beat the Warriors or Rockets, but I could easily see the series pushed out to 6 or 7 games, and things can happen in a series. (And I don't think D'antoni has ever beat Pop in a playoff series).

But there is Zero chance of the Spurs being fully healthy this year - if we even make the playoffs. No-one really seems to know, but my guess is that Kawhi is less than 50% chance to play another minute of basketball this year - and even if he does he will be the Kawhi of those earlier 9 games, not the proper Kawhi who is arguably top 3 in the league. Get Kawhi back to his peak and merged seamlessly to what LMA is doing right now - and then maybe they make some noise - but that needs 40+ games to happen - it ain't happening this year. (And if Kawhi doesnt play over the next month, then this offseason could be very, very un-spurs-like)
First of all I'm a Celtics fan. I don't get why so many Spurs fans, Skip Bayless and Warriors haters constantly bring up that first half of game 1 like it was some huge sign that the Spurs were winning that series. The Warriors shot like dog s**t in that half, they weren't going to shoot like that for an entire series, with or without Kawhi being there. They were heavy favourites all season so to act like one good half from the Spurs was enough proof that that series was going to be really competitive is ridiculous.

wtf? Pelicans playing 3 days in a row and 5 of 6?

Hope for the NBAs sake that no one gets injured in that final game.

It doesn't seem fair and the Pelicans have every right to be pissed if they miss the playoffs by a game.

First of all I'm a Celtics fan. I don't get why so many Spurs fans, Skip Bayless and Warriors haters constantly bring up that first half of game 1 like it was some huge sign that the Spurs were winning that series. The Warriors shot like dog s**t in that half, they weren't going to shoot like that for an entire series, with or without Kawhi being there. They were heavy favourites all season so to act like one good half from the Spurs was enough proof that that series was going to be really competitive is ridiculous.

Sorry - im on the phone so can't see which team you like and (wrongly) assumed you were talking about the Warriors.

I dont think you realised that first statement was tongue-in-cheek and very quickly followed up with:
"a fully healthy spurs team isn't good enough to beat the Warriors or Rockets".

I was definitely not thinking the Spurs were winning that series last year, but that first half had given me hope we could at least make it interesting. (Hope that was very quickly eradicated).

Green has played 134 minutes this season without any of the other Big Four on the court. The Warriors are outscoring opponents by 3.4 points per 100 possessions in those 134 minutes.

lol sample size, but pretty surprising to see them in the positive.

Will probably be negative after tonight and the Spurs though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assistant coach Lue out with health issues for a while (chest pains). Hard to see him back this season, but don't know the full diagnosis.

687C1F92-1FBB-4F2F-9253-20D20DBEA6AF.jpeg
So Hood, Nance, Osman, TT, Love all out with Korver questionable. Need Anthony Bennett back to patrol that paint

Last edited:
Cavs point guards. From flat earth, to... well....

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...inosaurs-used-to-be-pets-for-enormous-humans/

Jordan Clarkson: I don't believe in dinosaurs either. Well no, I actually do. I believe that -- this is gonna get a little crazy. I'm gonna take y'all a little left on this. OK, so y'all know how we got dogs and stuff, right? So, I think it was bigger people in the world before us, and, like, the dinosaurs was they pets.

But given all their other outs, and now Lue, we're going to be playing are they, aren't they on the Cavs for an unspecified amount of time yet, and I am not ******* here for that.

Cavs point guards. From flat earth, to... well....

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...inosaurs-used-to-be-pets-for-enormous-humans/

Jordan Clarkson: I don't believe in dinosaurs either. Well no, I actually do. I believe that -- this is gonna get a little crazy. I'm gonna take y'all a little left on this. OK, so y'all know how we got dogs and stuff, right? So, I think it was bigger people in the world before us, and, like, the dinosaurs was they pets.
giphy.gif

What's the confusion here? Everyone would have just expected Dipo to dribble the ball till time runs out. Lopez isn't gonna try and take the ball away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back