The Official Bigfooty Week 22 Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy that 2 of our 14 losses were to them.

Also looks like I was lucky I couldn't catch our game today. Looks a brick fest.

How is it crazy? Those losses were against Memphis practically full strength with a certain PG playing.

But doesn't that make you more frustrated? If he was even just a below average shooter they win.

Yes, I'd love Lonzo to hit more baskets, but it's all people seem to focus on. Apart from shooting, he does a pretty good job. I see a lot of good offensive players who are absolutely pathetic in defence, why don't we focus on those at well?

Yes, I'd love Lonzo to hit more baskets, but it's all people seem to focus on. Apart from shooting, he does a pretty good job. I see a lot of good offensive players who are absolutely pathetic in defence, why don't we focus on those at well?

Because it basically means they can't be a serious threat while he doesn't need to be respected as a shooter. It's basically 5 on 4 on that end of the court. Look at two years ago when the Warriors were down 2 games to 1 to Memphis and Kerr put Bogut on Allen. It allowed Bogut to basically stay at the rim and/or be the help defense. The series basically ended at that point for Memphis (even though they were up 2 games to 1). Purely because Allen didn't need to be respected as a threat on the offensive end.

Also, defensive things can be covered up on that end of the court. e.g. Warriors can be a great defensive team even if Curry isn't any good on defense.

I actually think it will be a good thing that his shooting isn't just bad, but horrendous. It means in the off-season he can just say "My shooting is ****ed, lets reconstruct it". If he comes back next season with the same shot, he's not serious in being a great player.

Just read somewhere that Houston have never won 60 games before... pretty surprising really.

Also caught the last minute of regulation in the Rockets/Pistons game... Griffin and Harden outdid each other in chucking up s**t and pleading for bail out calls on potential game winners. Awful stuff.

Just read somewhere that Houston have never won 60 games before... pretty surprising really.

Also caught the last minute of regulation in the Rockets/Pistons game... Griffin and Harden outdid each other in chucking up s**t and pleading for bail out calls on potential game winners. Awful stuff.

I'm basically hoping that Harden doesn't get the types of calls in the playoffs that he does in the regular season :p

I'm basically hoping that Harden doesn't get the types of calls in the playoffs that he does in the regular season :p

Haha, well the refs didn't fall for it on the potential game winner today, so that's a start.

On the other hand he shot 18 freebies, so work to be done.

I mean not really cause you had Seattle, Spurs, Suns, and Jazz winning games on their championship seasons. Other seasons you have great teams winning a lot in the West. Then since we had the SW division, you have Spurs, Mavs, Grizzlies (early mid 2000's and the 2010's), and the Pelicans/Hornets

This season though is weird.

Comfortable with Lonzos shooting woes. It will improve. Players in the NBA have shot worse, someone will always shoot worse. His stroke is unorthodox and downright ugly, but ugly can also be effective. Not sure if it will here, but if he's a s**t shooter for his career, then so be it. If he doesnt shoot but contributes in other areas then thats ok with me too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comfortable with Lonzos shooting woes. It will improve. Players in the NBA have shot worse, someone will always shoot worse. His stroke is unorthodox and downright ugly, but ugly can also be effective. Not sure if it will here, but if he's a s**t shooter for his career, then so be it. If he doesnt shoot but contributes in other areas then thats ok with me too.

He's shooting 35/30/46.

I'd be shocked if many players in NBA history have been that bad.

I mean not really cause you had Seattle, Spurs, Suns, and Jazz winning games on their championship seasons. Other seasons you have great teams winning a lot in the West. Then since we had the SW division, you have Spurs, Mavs, Grizzlies (early mid 2000's and the 2010's), and the Pelicans/Hornets

This season though is weird.

They had a back-to-back championship team, the original super team, the original Twin Towers and prime TMac, Yao & Moses Malone at various points in their history.

They've also won more than 50 games 13 times and been to the playoffs 31 times in 44 years, so I'd say it's definitely a little surprising.

I mean Atlanta, Indiana and Sacramento have done it. Phoenix did it three times, ditto Seattle. Milwaukee has done it four times. But not Houston.

He's putting up elite rebounding numbers for a guard and possesses pretty great court vision but he really needs to rebuild that jumper over summer.

They had a back-to-back championship team, the original super team, the original Twin Towers and prime TMac, Yao & Moses Malone at various points in their history.

They've also won more than 50 games 13 times and been to the playoffs 31 times in 44 years, so I'd say it's definitely a little surprising.

I mean Atlanta, Indiana and Sacramento have done it. Phoenix did it three times, ditto Seattle. Milwaukee has done it four times. But not Houston.

It is a bit of the frustrating thing following them. Sure barring injury we always seem to have a winning record but have never really been a threat. Probably this season and 09 were only seasons we really had any chance.

It is a bit of the frustrating thing following them. Sure barring injury we always seem to have a winning record but have never really been a threat. Probably this season and 09 were only seasons we really had any chance.

To add is that their best seasons in recent years is that the SW division is very strong. Also agree on the injuries too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back