The Official Bigfooty Week 23 Thread (no ball tampering here)

Remove this Banner Ad

The double points consecutive steak, which is amazing btw, does feel sort of hollow with the two sub 10 point games in the playoffs. Particularly when one was in the Finals that he choked away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just had to say something about the Sixers having good health

I'm probably talking out my arse, but isn't that the kind of injury they usually whack a face mask on to protect?

Two weeks off for concussion and post-surgery recuperation might not actually be the worst thing, provided you can beat Indy to 4th. Embiid is the kinda guy you'd want to be resting during the last week of the regular season anyway.

I'm probably talking out my arse, but isn't that the kind of injury they usually whack a face mask on to protect?

Two weeks off for concussion and post-surgery recuperation might not actually be the worst thing, provided you can beat Indy to 4th. Embiid is the kinda guy you'd want to be resting during the last week of the regular season anyway.
I wouldn't have a clue, that's one of the possibilities I've read, I'd think when (if) he does come back it will be in a mask.

Dreams of the 3rd seed are likely dead but holding onto 4th is still a chance given the schedule and the fact the roster is better than it was when they last lost him for a bunch of games.

I wouldn't have a clue, that's one of the possibilities I've read, I'd think when (if) he does come back it will be in a mask.

Dreams of the 3rd seed are likely dead but holding onto 4th is still a chance given the schedule and the fact the roster is better than it was when they last lost him for a bunch of games.

Yeah Atlanta really did you a solid with Ilyasova and Belinelli, they've helped a lot.

Tbh I'm not sure finishing 3rd is even that important given not much separates 5-8 in the East at the moment. Might depend on favourable match-ups more than anything, Indy might be interesting as they'd be as playoff-green as you guys are. With home court I think you'd back yourself in against almost anyone.

I just don't understand how the Bucks aren't so much better. Hopefully they get a good coach in the off-season and start pushing for championships soon.
Their roster depth is terrible.

Dellavedova, Tony Snell, and John Henson are all in their top 8 for minutes per game. Those are guys you ideally want playing spot minutes at most at the end of the bench, and they're playing 19-28 minutes a game. Thon Maker 17 minutes a game.

If they can add another star/improve that depth...they'll be a serious handful.

Hockey players who can wear full face protection can take 6-8 weeks off for the orbital fracture/concussion combination after fights. Depends on the severity.

Whether this is that severe...who knows.

Quinn Cook became the first ever G League player to have a 50/40/90 season. Currently 48.3/42/88.2 in the NBA. Boy is efficient.

Can't believe we let that boy go after he dominated Summer League for us

Ludicrous

Yeah Atlanta really did you a solid with Ilyasova and Belinelli, they've helped a lot.

Tbh I'm not sure finishing 3rd is even that important given not much separates 5-8 in the East at the moment. Might depend on favourable match-ups more than anything, Indy might be interesting as they'd be as playoff-green as you guys are. With home court I think you'd back yourself in against almost anyone.
You're thinking too small, the 3 seed matters because they match up better vs a possibly Kyrie-less Celtics in round 2 rather than Toronto ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back