Opinion The Official Brad Scott Thread - Back, at the club (Relax - bumped thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

So twelve losses in our last fifteen games by an average of 30 points. That a few years back would put you balls deep into a priority draft pick....... let that sink in.
Today we saw first hand how far of the pace we are and inflexible Scotts is. Picks the side pretty much by himself is what I've been told, sets the structure and sticks to it regardless of how things are panning out on the field.

If the input doesn't change the output cannot expect to be any different. Probably need the count down clock 43 games to go.

Funny that.

That's exactly what it looks like as well.

If he's the architect of the, 'kick long, kick it longer, kick it even longer gameplan' then were completely fvcked.

It's an outdated gameplan as teams now set up to pick off those long kicks.

Quickly honouring short 25-30m leads is the way to play.

Last edited:

If he's the architect of the, 'kick long, kick it longer, kick it even longer gameplan' then were completely fvcked.

It's an outdated gameplan as teams now set up to pick off those long kicks.

Quickly honouring short 25-30m leads is the way to play.

WE are incapable of doing that. we'd need to hit targets.

WE are incapable of doing that. we'd need to hit targets.

Here's a novel idea.

Practice the most important part of the game. Kicking the ball to a teammate.

Probably lost in amongst structures, zones and other more 'important' parts of the game.

Yep **** with NMFC members heads. There is no change or different approach, get ball,kick ball in general direction of our goals.

This is why I'm less critical of long kicks that result in turnovers.

It's clearly an instruction to boot the absolute * out of the ball.

This is why I'm less critical of long kicks that result in turnovers.

It's clearly an instruction to boot the absolute **** out of the ball.

You must have been thrilled when we changed it up in the last quarter and were spotting up West Coast players in our own defensive 50.

I watched the WB on Friday night and NM today. We are poles apart and we will not close the gap with Brad Scott as senior coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I played local footy a few years back and the skills of the side were pretty deplorable. Inability to hit targets by foot murdered us every weekend.
So we implemented a handball style gameplan through a weave which got us better results than using the ball by foot.

Our club would have the worst users of the ball in the league by far. Yet I cant even back us into handball with confidence because we are also the worst exponents of the handpass if Ive ever seen it. Half a second too slow, half a second too quick or to a teammates feet. I ******* hate it. Hate it.

Todays 2nd half was Richmonds level of shitness. Think our wins against them in Hobart the past 2 years. Ive never seen such atrocious skill level in a half dating back to the dark days of 2009.
* Utah off and I mean it. If you cant execute basic skills to be able to compete at this level then you shouldnt be playing for North, let alone in the AFL.
Brad McKenzie could kick but * hes one player out of hundreds. I dont get why our skills are so bad. I just dont.

Had his chance, time to go.

So the old "where's he at " thread....

A good time to look at this. Season about to kick off, so no one really knows how we'll go. Positive starts I suppose you could say....

A huge finish to the year looms with our round 20 game against Brissy at the GABBA. Brad Scott passes Ronald Dale Barassi for games coached at North and moving himself into second just behind DP.

R.B.

198 games- 129 wins, 66 losses , 3 draws. 22 finals, 2 premierships, 7 top four finishes.

B.S.

179 games - 91 wins, 88 losses, *7 finals, zero top four finishes avg finals margin defeat 63 points or ten goals if you like.

I'll save the Dennis Pagan comparison until Scott narrows that gap. He will pass Pagan if he sees out his current deal.

So yeah, not sure where to from here, going by stats and averages the guys not an elite coach, so do you remain content with that or do you try something else?

I doubt he'll ever coach a premiership side, as in the very best won't want him and he's clearly not good enough to build his own winning side. He's spoken in the past about building for long term success, we haven't seen any yet and so why we would feel he could deliver on that now?

I am resigned to a long cold,bitter year- How many more should we have to put up with?

I just can’t see it with him. Too many of our players just seem to stagnate and he can’t get the best out of them. We have a lot of players who are b-graders that have the potential to be A-graders but they can’t make the jump. He can’t seem to get any high level consistency out of our developing types. Wood, Clarke ect.

If we end up bottom 4 it’s time we go in a different direction.

I just can’t see it with him. Too many of our players just seem to stagnate and he can’t get the best out of them. We have a lot of players who are b-graders that have the potential to be A-graders but they can’t make the jump. He can’t seem to get any high level consistency out of our developing types. Wood, Clarke ect.

If we end up bottom 4 ? It’s a certainty.

I can recall a conversion involving John Rantall and how much he hated North when he first arrived and in actual fact he didn't stay long. It was only after he left he realised the arrogance around the place was because they expected to win, something he never experienced during his career at South Melbourne.

FWIW- he regretted leaving North.

I get the same sort of feeling from Brad, there's no expectation to win, what happens happens, no ceilings set- how can you fail or achieve if you don't set goals?

I feel he's a players coach to a fault.

Too much carrot and not enough stick. His best coach came when he was pissed off.

My fear is with this reset it resets the tolerance level and we revert to hugs on field after demoralizing losses.

He needs to set a tone.

I would be more concerned if he had done nothing.

He deserves credit for pulling the pin on a dozen players since September 2016 that most would say are untouchables or Scotts faves.

He has turned over a list that by September 2016 most critics said were taking us nowhere.

He has made his own future for better or worse.

I feel he's a players coach to a fault.

Too much carrot and not enough stick. His best coach came when he was pissed off.

My fear is with this reset it resets the tolerance level and we revert to hugs on field after demoralizing losses.

He needs to set a tone.

Didn't do it the first time around.

Won't do it this time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back