Opinion The Official Brad Scott Thread - Back, at the club (Relax - bumped thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would be more concerned if he had done nothing.

He deserves credit for pulling the pin on a dozen players since September 2016 that most would say are untouchables or Scotts faves.

He has turned over a list that by September 2016 most critics said were taking us nowhere.

He has made his own future for better or worse.

He didn't pull the pin mate, 100% not his decision, it was a collective match committee call. As he said if they were still there he'd play them all.

My fear is we revert back to regular hidings.

Hope club pulls pin if so.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

What's he got three more years- I doubt we'd do that. So will be interesting viewing, from what I've seen of the other sides we're behind them all. I am just mortified he'll pass Barassi, doesn't deserve that.

Ron changed our culture, yeah peeps bang on about the ten year rule, but the guys that agreed still joined a side that had won the last two wooden spoons. They believed in Ronnie, we just offered millions to guys that clearly do not believe in where we are going.

He didn't pull the pin mate, 100% not his decision, it was a collective match committee call. As he said if they were still there he'd play them all.

Running with that logic then they are all responsible for where we are and they need to be sacked when it all falls over?

Took an 80% list to back to back prelims after building a list through compromised drafts, topping up with decent free agents and whilst being a key driver in rebuilding our club from the ground up.

But yeah, let's compare him to different coaches across different eras because it supports our predetermined negative notions.

He's done.

To me is in the same vain as hardwick and Buckley in terms of unable to adapt.

Todays 2nd half was Richmonds level of shitness. Think our wins against them in Hobart the past 2 years.

Kind of ironic that these lines are on this page.

Took an 80% list to back to back prelims after building a list through compromised drafts, topping up with decent free agents and whilst being a key driver in rebuilding our club from the ground up.

But yeah, let's compare him to different coaches across different eras because it supports our predetermined negative notions.

You dont think its fair to compare ...

Era 1 Greig (2 Brownlows) Schimma Dench Blight etc

Era 2 GOAT...McKernan...Martyn...Stevo etc

...with the 2015 team?

I just can’t see it with him. Too many of our players just seem to stagnate and he can’t get the best out of them.

How many of them have left and been better anywhere else?

Here you go:

Cameron Pedersen
Daniel Harris
Ben Ross
Hamish McIntosh
Aaron Mullett
Levi Greenwood
Luke Delaney
Cam Delaney
Aaron Black
Sam Gibson
Daniel Currie
Ryan Bastinac
Nathan Grima
Daniel Wells

Knock yourself out.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You dont think its fair to compare ...

Era 1 Greig (2 Brownlows) Schimma Dench Blight etc

Era 2 GOAT...McKernan...Martyn...Stevo etc

...with the 2015 team?
Huh?

How many of them have left and been better anywhere else?

Here you go:

Cameron Pedersen
Daniel Harris
Ben Ross
Hamish McIntosh
Aaron Mullett
Levi Greenwood
Luke Delaney
Cam Delaney
Aaron Black
Sam Gibson
Daniel Currie
Ryan Bastinac
Nathan Grima
Daniel Wells

Knock yourself out.:thumbsu:
In fairness wells is still a gun when fit. That though is the problem with him.

Folks might claim our drafting and trading has been off the mark here and there, but there''s nothing wrong with the development.

It's why I am not as bullish about Brad now as I was in 2013.

When you weigh up the earlier list of AFL departures traded out vs the same period traded in:

Will Sierakowski
Jordan Gysberts
Nick Dal Santo
Jarrad Waite
Shaun Higgins
Jed Anderson
Paul Ahern
Nathan Hrovat
Marley Williams

.....then I know which list I would prefer.

He's just pointing out the quality of the lists. Even without all that stuff in the background the quality of players in 2015 is nothing like the quality of the blokes Pagan and Barassi had.

He didn't even mention the Freeborn's, Archer's, Cable's etc who'd walk into any side today.

He's just pointing out the quality of the lists. Even without all that stuff in the background the quality of players in 2015 is nothing like the quality of the blokes Pagan and Barassi had.

Listen mate..............just quietly..................there hasn't been a list in the entire AFL for a good 8 years that would approach the lists that Barassi and Pagan had at their disposal.

He didn't even mention the Freeborn's, Archer's, Cable's etc who'd walk into any side today.

Sarcasm was lost in text.

Listen mate..............just quietly..................there hasn't been a list in the entire AFL for a good 8 years that would approach the lists that Barassi and Pagan had at their disposal.

And thats the point...comparing apples and sour grapes

Brad has had his moments as coach - no one is denying that. We have played brilliant football at stages of his coaching.

At the end of the day though we were a fair way off the mark - even in those prelim years - and the list is now a shambles after Brad being at the helm into his 9th year.

We need to look forward - is BS now the guy to lead a long arduous rebuild? Does BS really want to go through it again? Can he reinvent himself and turn the club around?

In my view his resigning at the end of last year made no sense for either Brad or us.

The best for all parties would have been for the Board to review all positions at the half way mark of this year - why that is not happening is still a mystery to me and I haven't heard an explanation for it.

Yeah I know ...

but why do people continue comparing their coaching records?

Yeah I know ...

but why do people continue comparing their coaching records?

My guess is they don't know enough about footy and blaming the coach is the generic fall back position.

I do not have one predetermined notion whether that be negative or positive, Brad Scott is about to become the second longest serving coach in our ******* history! And he has never finished higher than sixth after the H&A season. Not sure what part you people missed?

Making excuses is extremely piss poor, other clubs have worked the same ******* system and every year clubs finish top four and out of the blue there's a premier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back