List Mgmt. The Official Cam McCarthy Superultramega Thread - Deal done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There seems to be 7 quality picks in McCluggage, Ainsworth, SPS, Taranto, Brodie, McGrath and Logue

Can someone explain the Logue bidding system? if he gets bid on do we miss out on one of these picks or not?
Do you mean Bowes?

If he is bid on and Gold Coast decide to match then he is taken at the point the bid was made and we move down the order, but Gold Coast could have to use their pick before ours and that will mean we move up again.

It is important to remember that the academy players are not part of the available draft, we shouldn't consider them as a pick if they are taken before us. If Gold Coast are required to use their pick on Bowes we have have #6 by default, but if not it's still the 7th pick.

I haven't bothered calling you out on this until now but you do realise that every team plays witha 5 man forward line nowadays? there is always the extra number up on the ball...

gotta stop sprouting that bullshit that this is a Ross Lyon thing, if you play a 6 man forward line there is no space and the ball just gets sent in to packs every time...

I appreciate that you took the opportunity to point that out to me.
I dont believe you are correct though.
GWS play six man forward line and that is the case with Bulldogs too.
Plus, our five man structure is nominal; many times they all push up to the centre line and further, leaving zero players in our forward line.
We went with a six man structure in three games this year and won all of them, indeed our best games.

Great to get Cam - now need to cross fingers that he will be ready to play Rd1 next year. Still think we could have asked GWS for a little bit more given they clearly wanted pick #3 but good to get the trade done early so we can move on to a bunch of others. Would love to know what they agreed the value of Cam was by both parties - reckon it was a pick in the 20s. Really hope #33 (34 or whatever it ends up as) gets one of our other trade targets done (Kersten). Cross fingers we know who we want at #7. Perhaps either the rumour SPS wants to go to Melb or else the rumour he wants to stay in Perth are true? If one or two clubs reach for a player before our pick (eg English, Marshall, Scrimshaw etc), we'll be getting a gun. Going to be a great off season for us I think.

Do you mean Bowes?

If he is bid on and Gold Coast decide to match then he is taken at the point the bid was made and we move down the order, but Gold Coast could have to use their pick before ours and that will mean we move up again.

It is important to remember that the academy players are not part of the available draft, we shouldn't consider them as a pick if they are taken before us. If Gold Coast are required to use their pick on Bowes we have have #6 by default, but if not it's still the 7th pick.

Cool thanks, i was going to re-do that post.

So we could miss out. Damn.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was an impressive tank, surely you can admire the beauty of how well it was orchestrated
Yep. Owen orchestrated it well

Trade out Fyfe before he leaves as a FA next year and you'll be set

Wow so you guys gave pick 3 and in return got a player and pick 7, 34 and whatever? Thats amazing!

Honest question (no trolling) - are you guys a little worried about his mental strength and resiliency?

Wow so you guys gave pick 3 and in return got a player and pick 7, 34 and whatever? Thats amazing!

Honest question (no trolling) - are you guys a little worried about his mental strength and resiliency?
Not at that price no, if he is an absolute flop who cares he cost peanuts.
Now 2 first rounders like we offered last year and he flops well you would have to be pissed off

All this talk that he hasn't played for a year is BS to me, Jake Lever went at 14 in his draft year and didn't play that year, there are others as well, McCarthy has shown what he can do at afl level not under 18. If he went into the draft this year IMO he would be top three if not even number one. To do the trade we did is absolute steel IMO. We now move on with time for more trades as required. :)

Yep. Owen orchestrated it well

Trade out Fyfe before he leaves as a FA next year and you'll be set

Got called out on it plenty.

We just had the answers ready ;)

I witnessed this at training over last summer from conception to birth; breathtaking in its simplicity, highly effective and bore immediate results.
I reckon I did more running than the squad did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back