List Mgmt. The Official Cam McCarthy Superultramega Thread - Deal done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well done all concerned. Everyone was a winner from this trade.
GWS got their pick 3, so now they are likely to get McGrath as well as all their academy picks. They have won big time.
Freo got their man, and still have the chance to pick up an excellent player at 7, and have picks to trade with for Kersten and Hill and maybe Hamling.
McCarthy is back where he belongs. I hope he has an awesome summer.

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle
Bulldogs didn't play a 6 man forward line in the finals, smith stringer, Dickson, Boyd were all heading up the ground throughout matches.

Hawks don't play a 6 man forward line, poppy, Cyril, hill all head up the ground throughout the matches.

Sydney don't play a 6 man forward line, loyd, Rohan, buddy, Tippett all play up the ground

I would certainly argue that no team in the league plays a pure 6 man forward line, just wondering what would you consider a 6 man forward line and what would you consider a 5 man forward line?
Is it players not going past the fwd50? Players not going past the centre? Starting inside 50 at the bounce?

I use a very simple method of working it out; At the start of a game if we have six players forward of the centre square attended by six defenders, then we have a six man forward structure. Similar with our five man structure except the opposition always have an extra man standing around.
During play, if the opposition get the centre clearance and kick it forward, all of our forwards push up to the centreline whether that be five or six players.
This is where we fall down because when we rebound and go forward there is rarely anybody up forward to kick to.
It is also not unusual to see only four players in our forward line at centre bouncedowns.
At basically every game this year, save for the three matches I mentioned, we have been up against an extra defender in our forward line, often more.

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
"What are you looking forward to about coming to the Freo Dockers?

I am obviously very excited. It’s sort of a numbing feeling and it hasn’t really sunk in yet. Especially being part of the Dockers, a club I have supported since I was born, and the whole family has."

Holy s**t, I legit got goosebumps reading that. Can't imagine how excited they all must be.
So how.much effort does someone put in when they literally "Bleed Purple" in every way !! He will llay for the jumper like some great men before him.

And if you want goosebumps...... Imagine

Cam McCarthy, born on the day of Freos first game, and plays in Freos first premiership

If there's ever a good judge of whether a highly touted young key forward will blossom into a superstar, it's Andrew McDougall
With a bit of luck McCarthy will play with the same heart as mcdougall did

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I use a very simple method of working it out; At the start of a game if we have six players forward of the centre square attended by six defenders, then we have a six man forward structure. Similar with our five man structure except the opposition always have an extra man standing around.
During play, if the opposition get the centre clearance and kick it forward, all of our forwards push up to the centreline whether that be five or six players.
This is where we fall down because when we rebound and go forward there is rarely anybody up forward to kick to.
It is also not unusual to see only four players in our forward line at centre bouncedowns.
At basically every game this year, save for the three matches I mentioned, we have been up against an extra defender in our forward line, often more.
I think it comes down to something a bit more complex then starting positions but can understand the frustration, will leave it here and if I remember will monitor in the nab cup and next season tk get a better grasp on what you are saying. (Can't see myself making much time to watch many of this years games again)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kenny_01

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
What can you bring to the Freo line up?

I hope to bring some intensity. I like to fly for the footy, crunch packs, chase and tackle and keep some forward pressure. Hopefully I can bring those things and play my role. I’d be rapt.

---------

We already know he is super fast on the lead and is a great kick for goal.

Sorry but I am excited and will not be reining in expectations.

My ideal side for next year. I think we'll look to play Apeness more in the Lobb role, as contested marking option out of defence that gives Sandi a chop out, either way, we have options in the forward line which is a first

upload_2016-10-11_16-22-8.png

Edit: I know this side is young, and may not make finals next year but I think that's beside the point, definitely strong enough to finish just outside the 8, with the exception of Johnson, Sandi and Mundy, its a side with plenty of development left in it and will be very very strong in a couple of years. Also, Johnson and Mundy are now replaceable which is great

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
My ideal side for next year. I think we'll look to play Apeness more in the Lobb role, as contested marking option out of defence that gives Sandi a chop out, either way, we have options in the forward line which is a first

View attachment 298986

Edit: I know this side is young, and may not make finals next year but I think that's beside the point, definitely strong enough to finish just outside the 8, with the exception of Johnson, Sandi and Mundy, its a side with plenty of development left in it and will be very very strong in a couple of years. Also, Johnson and Mundy are now replaceable which is great
Young

So was the bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back