List Mgmt. The Official Cam McCarthy Superultramega Thread - Deal done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, so our skills in 2016 were a one off? Our poor kicking skills and low scores have been around for a long time and are not just applicable to 2016. If you think it's going to miraculously improve in one year then give me some of what you're taking. Ross has recently said that we're in for a four year rebuild. Do you think that's appealing to Cam McCarthy? Do you think the so called exodus of players isn't going to play a part in his decision? We can agree to disagree, but I just don't understand how you think McCarthy is a certainty, I think there could be a bit to play out.

Ross is just trying to take the pressure off the club, a good run with injury will see us play finals next year IMO.

I saw Cam today at the Mighty Bulldogs game and despite all the friend of friend reports, I didn't see him in the gutter smoking a bucket bong. He looked fit and healthy, he was sporting a dodgy black beanie and some cool shades. I did see him have a drink, he grabbed a cup of gatorade from the South Freo waterboys, when he was walking off the ground, after the 3/4 huddle.

What colour?

Oh, so our skills in 2016 were a one off? Our poor kicking skills and low scores have been around for a long time and are not just applicable to 2016. If you think it's going to miraculously improve in one year then give me some of what you're taking. Ross has recently said that we're in for a four year rebuild. Do you think that's appealing to Cam McCarthy? Do you think the so called exodus of players isn't going to play a part in his decision? We can agree to disagree, but I just don't understand how you think McCarthy is a certainty, I think there could be a bit to play out.

Agreed that the perception of a rebuild may influence things. Also agreed that a 3-4 year period of "rebuilding" in some guise will happen - no doubt we will be up and down the ladder though.

However, I was interested to note in the Lachie Neale's manager Q&A thread; he said that he viewed Fremantle as having a better future, in light of having made the rebuild decision. I think the fundamentals are there and certainly it seems players like Neale are happy to cop 1-2 years of being s**t if they think the fundamentals are there for a premiership contender. Ditto Treloar and Prestia's otherwise inexplicable decisions.

Sorry for quoting an older post.

Eagles losing probably makes it hard for them to trade for McCarthy. Their first pick is now 12 which is too high to give up for McCarthy but their second will be at least 30 so if we get a pick in the 20's, that should do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think after tonight WC might realise they need some better contested ball winners in the middle. If I were them I'd be spending my 1st and 2nd pick on best ball winning mids available. Lobb and McCarthy shouldn't be on their shopping list.

This.

I've said this many times to Eagles fans, but apparently plugging The loss of Nic Nat for 20 weeks of footy is more important than fixing the midfield.

This.

I've said this many times to Eagles fans, but apparently plugging The loss of Nic Nat for 20 weeks of footy is more important than fixing the midfield.
The people that keep insisting WC will go for Hogan and McCarthy (even Lobb to some extent) annoy the s**t out of me. Cost is what you pay for something. Value is what it is worth to you. The cost WC pay for McCarhty/Hogan would far outweigh the value it would bring to their side. Even Lobb is forward first and ruck second which they already have in Lycett. Sure, Lobb will be better than Lycett, but the value they gain in bringing Lobb is tiny in comparison to what GWS would want.

The people that keep insisting WC will go for Hogan and McCarthy (even Lobb to some extent) annoy the s**t out of me. Cost is what you pay for something. Value is what it is worth to you. The cost WC pay for McCarhty/Hogan would far outweigh the value it would bring to their side. Even Lobb is forward first and ruck second which they already have in Lycett. Sure, Lobb will be better than Lycett, but the value they gain in bringing Lobb is tiny in comparison to what GWS would want.

Yes - I think I have said almost the same thing on cost/price and value on this forum here (think it was in the thread on Lobb).

Having said that, I am very unsure of what both the value and price of McCarthy is; I am not discounting the the possibility that with the possible issues and club preferences that his (initial selling) price (to them; the price is potentially different for us and them) may be very cheap compared to the perceived value and that that might just attract WC into the game. So I can understand why people might think that they could get involved.

If Lycetts injury is as bad as it seems then I would say they'd target Lobb pretty hard. Giles is a poor mans Hannath!

I reckon they'll grab English if he's available too. As weird and as unlikely as it sounds.... We may actually be going in to next season with better ruck stocks then them (due to the injuries of NicNat/Lycett).

If Lycetts injury is as bad as it seems then I would say they'd target Lobb pretty hard. Giles is a poor mans Hannath!

I reckon they'll grab English if he's available too. As weird and as unlikely as it sounds.... We may actually be going in to next season with better ruck stocks then them (due to the injuries of NicNat/Lycett).
To be honest I thought Giles has been pretty good in the last 2 games

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Eagles losing probably makes it hard for them to trade for McCarthy. Their first pick is now 12 which is too high to give up for McCarthy but their second will be at least 30 so if we get a pick in the 20's, that should do it.

Is he worth pick 20-something after a year out of the game? I won't be upset if that's what it costs but it'll be slight overs IMO. Our 3rd rounder seems closer to the mark.

The people that keep insisting WC will go for Hogan and McCarthy (even Lobb to some extent) annoy the s**t out of me. Cost is what you pay for something. Value is what it is worth to you. The cost WC pay for McCarthy/Hogan would far outweigh the value it would bring to their side. Even Lobb is forward first and ruck second which they already have in Lycett. Sure, Lobb will be better than Lycett, but the value they gain in bringing Lobb is tiny in comparison to what GWS would want.

Hogan's 8 years younger than Kennedy so if he indicates he wants to come home WC would be crazy not to throw their hat in the ring. Lobb and McCartney depend on what we offer but you're probably right.

Hogan's 8 years younger than Kennedy so if he indicates he wants to come home WC would be crazy not to throw their hat in the ring. Lobb and McCartney depend on what we offer but you're probably right.

Mate their midfield sucks a massive pair of nuts.
They would need to give this year and next year's first plus change for Melbourne to do anything but take a massive dump on the offer.
How they going fix the midfeld then?

If anything they should be trying to get Brown and/or McKenzie back to semi-competent down back, move McGovern to CHF, and throw all draft picks at the draft t get mids

Is he worth pick 20-something after a year out of the game? I won't be upset if that's what it costs but it'll be slight overs IMO. Our 3rd rounder seems closer to the mark.
Freo paid the equivalent (754 bidding points) of a pick#25 for Bennell last year. I believe Freo would be paying overs for Cam if they use a 2nd round pick (which they currently don't have). Freo's early 3rd round pick (about 450points) should be the best that GWS could expect ... not so much because Cam has had the year out, but because if GWS don't take it, then they probably won't get anything better. The same reason they should have taken last years' offers. Unless Cam and his manager can be convinced to consider a trade to West Coast or stay at GWS, then Freo may be able to get him for their 4th round pick ... which is still worth something (about 180points) to GWS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back