List Mgmt. The Official Cam McCarthy Superultramega Thread - Deal done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't we have leverage this year (ie. him walking to the PSD)?
Still contracted for next year. Which is why some of the GWS campaigners (yes, all 2 of them) are unbearable in the trade thread on the main board. They just keep saying pick 3 or they keep him another year. Did I mention that they're a bunch of campaigners?

Still contracted for next year. Which is why some of the GWS campaigners (yes, all 2 of them) are unbearable in the trade thread on the main board. They just keep saying pick 3 or they keep him another year. Did I mention that they're a bunch of campaigners?

They are showing deep concern for his mental health clearly.

I guess they don't realize with the team going so well that the stars are going to want more and who can afford to have $300,000 to $400,000 sitting around doing nothing?

I'm not sure they can even threaten to keep him for another year. They already look bad enough from the whole saga already.

I'll feel for Cam, but I really don't mind we walking away if GWS think they can play hard ball with us here.

Just have a quiet word to half their list about how we'd be willing to pay them significantly more than they're currently getting.

Once they all start making noises about pay increases, GWS might start to appreciate the value of clearing McCarthy's salary off their books.

Just drop a bomb on western Sydney and do australia a favour..
Would be doing the AFL world a favour by getting rid of that entire club.

Can't stand the arrogance, sense of entitlement, ridiculously generous concessions and also the likes of Greene, Shiel, Stevie J and Mumford in particular.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope we dont get bent over to get cam mccarthy. I'd be more interested in doing what we can to get lobb and kersten for depth

Either get cam on the cheap or wait another year.

I can't see them wasting a spot on the list out of spite for the second year in a row, especially if they think they're a shot at the flag next year.

I'd call their bluff and have a punt on picking him up as a delisted free agent.

All he's worth is our early 3rd but I bet these tools will insist on something stupid like us finding a late first and then block up most of trade week trying to play hardball. Could be a real nuisance when we have other potential trades to sort.

I don't think Freo will let it hold things based on them. I think it will get done, or they'll just move on. ut the end of the day, that spoilt club don't need to trade him and a 3rd round is not much use for them with all the other goodies they have. It could well go like this:

Freo: Are you being sensible this year?
GWS: Sure are, we want a first rounder or decent 2nd at best for Cam.
Freo: We don't have that, take our 3rd.
GWS: Pfft, 3rd!!! We can get on our direct line to AFL house (also known as GWS' House for Home Cooking) and just get ourselves 1st rounder. We give out 3rd round picks to charity, just gave away this years one to the Vinies, why would we take yours??

Freo: * off then, we've got real clubs to deal with. Enjoy your plastic premiership.

Last edited:
I don't think Freo will let it hold things based on them. I think it will get done, or they'll just move on. at the end of the day, that spoilt brat of a club don't need to trade him and a 3rd round is not much use for them with all the other goodies they have. It could well go like this:

GWS: Pfft, 3rd!!! We can get on our direct line to AFL house (also known as GWS' House for Home Cooking) and just get ourselves 1st rounder. We give out 3rd round picks to charity, just gave away this years one to the Vinnies, why would we take yours??

Freo: **** off then, we've got real clubs to deal with. Enjoy your plastic premiership.
GWS kinda need the primary list spot, they have to shorten their list yet again this year don't they? As they have another half a dozen academy recruits to potentially draft.

I don't think Freo will let it hold things based on them. I think it will get done, or they'll just move on. ut the end of the day, that spoilt brat of a club don't need to trade him and a 3rd round is not much use for them with all the other goodies they have. It could well go like this:

GWS: Pfft, 3rd!!! We can get on our direct line to AFL house (also known as GWS' House for Home Cooking) and just get ourselves 1st rounder. We give out 3rd round picks to charity, just gave away this years one to the Vinies, why would we take yours??

Freo: **** off then, we've got real clubs to deal with. Enjoy your plastic premiership.
We gotta do something like this with the 3rd round pick.

GWS kinda need the primary list spot, they have to shorten their list yet again this year don't they? As they have another half a dozen academy recruits to potentially draft.

Yes, they have to lose 2 of their extra places and their extra cap space (not including COLA) also drops $120K to $750K above the regular cap. So, yeah, there is some incentive there to start dropping players that they don't really need or, in this case, really don't want to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back