The Official Charlotte Hornets (nee Bobcats) Thread aka the Hive

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vanders

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hornets
Posting while 2nd in the East and a top of the Southeast. Awesome win on the road in Memphis today after being down 14. We look much better without Al Jefferson which I didn't think I would say this year.

MKG has started shooting so fingers crossed we might see him back sometime this season.

Dirtywhirl

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Liverpool, Charlotte Hornets
Thread starter #228
I am honestly blown away by how well this team has been playing, was feeling extremely pessimistic about this season but they have exceeded all expectations. Ranked number five (!!!) in offensive rating and number six in defensive rating at the moment.

Lin, Lamb and Batum have been superb acquisitions.

DangerSloane

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
Better without Al Jeff agreed. Its tough to say because he's been the heart and soul through the tough times.
Realistically not a title threat just yet, what do we need to do next season to win playoff series.

Inferno

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
We talking about playoffs? Hopefully going to make amends for the last series against the Heat.

Or at the very least win our first since 2002.. :oops:

I'm happy with the match up. I rate Atlanta and the Celts have matched up well against us (last match not withstanding). Finishing 6th also means a Toronto series in the 2nd round if we win.

DangerSloane

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
Win today was one of character.
Beating Miami in Miami is no mean feat.

Now lets finish it off at home and get our first playoff series in the bobcats/hornets era.

J Shuttlesworth

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NFL: MIN NBA: CHA NCAA: MSU
Already exceeded my personal expectations/goals and boy now do I want to get to the second round if for nothing else but the extra experience.

So glad there is going to be another year of the Kemba and Lin rotation. Hopefully we can keep Nic around and MKG can stay healthy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

J Shuttlesworth

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Well Sessions back to remind you of the Bobcats and run the backup point.

Hibbert to give us some kind of interior defence.

Not pretty and all signs point toward next years free agency in my opinion, pending any trades Cho can pull off.

Should still make the playoffs out East you would hope.

J Shuttlesworth

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Yeah, looks like it was just keep who we could for this season. Batum took most of that, and rightly so.

But looks like we buckle in for another year or similar if not a little bit backward year.

Walker
MKG
Batum
Williams
Hibbert

Defensively that should be pretty bloody good. Without Kemba and Batum putting up decent points though...

Dirtywhirl

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Liverpool, Charlotte Hornets
Thread starter #244
The Warriors are going to wilt under the enormous pressure that KD's arrival has placed on them. Fractures will develop and Steph will come home. Easy done

Top Bottom