The Official Charlotte Hornets (nee Bobcats) Thread aka the Hive

Remove this Banner Ad

Bobcats? Let it go man :p

Good money is on that they will, they've said all along that they would match anything, they can afford to do it easily during there rebuild period.

Could highly likely be looking at missing out here, just got to hope that other decent pieces aren't gone over the remaining period that they have to match as they'll probably take the full measure.

Bobcats? Let it go man :p

Good money is on that they will, they've said all along that they would match anything, they can afford to do it easily during there rebuild period.

Could highly likely be looking at missing out here, just got to hope that other decent pieces aren't gone over the remaining period that they have to match as they'll probably take the full measure.

Old habits die hard!

Who else are we chasing?

I hear Roberts is a done deal almost as a backup but that doesnt get me all that excited.

The other known one we are also chasing Marvin Williams from Utah to probably take over starting duties from McBob at the 4 until we see if Cody is ready or not and while Vonleh develops.

But yeah they are after Roberts to backup Kemba, apparently he is a good shooter, which should be good, has only got to give more than the SFA we got from Ridnour.

10514145_702572206477750_328534703_n.jpg

Welcome Brain Roberts with open arms brothers. A pelican is making his pelgrimage home to be a Hornet

If he's a more productive backup than Ridnour or Pargo then I'm happy about his Hornet > Pelican > Hornet metamorphosis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah PJ has been much better in his last couple of games after the bad start, has found his range. Great to see, hopefully now it'll be all bball on the mind and no more stupid decisions.

Last edited:
Should we be worried about Vonleh?

Not yet. Was always going to be a game of patience and project with Vonleh.

Never expected much from him this season, the talent is obviously there though, has struggled to find his shot so far, but so have lots of people in the summer league, would even say ours is alot less organised than most, offence has basically been ok PJ shoot anything, if you really can't someone else throw something up. But Ewing did say beforehand that they were going in without much offence :D

His rebounding has been really good for a guy who is still undersized really just needs to do it more consistently. I think he will develop into a nice stretch 4 in the league. Can possibly have some nice small minutes on the floor this season, with a Kemba, Lance, Williams, Vonleh, Al lineup for example I can see him getting open looks as the floor is spread around Al.

Still only 18 and I'd say at least one season in the system, learning from Al and Ewing etc. before we need to start worrying about it at all.

Last edited:
Home opener against the Bucks

Nothing else really jumping out about the schedule. Only a couple of ESPN games

Remove this Banner Ad

Back