Dirtywhirl

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Liverpool, Charlotte Hornets
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-2012-106-charlotte-bobcats-thread-wasteland.1013980/

This extremely disrespectful thread title won't do, time for a real Bobcats thread

DangerSloane Jesus Shuttlesworth (don't know how to tag you)

Much better start to the season than I expected and it has been built at the defensive end. If this team can establish an identity as a tough, grind it out team then that could be a great foundation to build off.

Considering that Al has missed a fair amount of time and Kemba is shooting 25% since the game at MSG, 5-6 isn't half bad and there is some scope for improvement.

I will also be using this thread to post LadyCat updates

b0ae097c4fdc11e395210e703bd8ecf6_8.jpg

9767d6fe4da811e3909c123696e3fbe5_8.jpg

Nice win

Caught a break with Lopez being out as he usually plays pretty well against Charlotte and the D-Will injury helped a bit. Just quietly, DJ Augustin is pretty underrated as far as terrible Charlotte draft picks go given that Brook was there for the taking.

Good to see Kemba break out of his funk and I love the energy that Adrien brings off the bench. I wish that they would let MKG off his leash a bit though. There is no reason for him not to be on the floor during crunch time, as the Kemba-Sessions-Henderson combination they were running with was awful in the 4th.

Cody has had an indifferent start to his NBA career but every now and then he shows flashes of what he can do and I think that he will be a solid rotation player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Subbed. The NBA will be a better place when it has a team in teal again.

I love the energy that Adrien brings off the bench.

I haven't managed to catch any Bobcat games yet, but his rebounding numbers are insane. Seems like a mature-age bargain.

Cody has had an indifferent start to his NBA career but every now and then he shows flashes of what he can do and I think that he will be a solid rotation player.

An authentic Bobcats thread needs two items on the title page.

The first is at least one picture of a Ladycat - check.

The other has to be this:

I haven't managed to catch any Bobcat games yet, but his rebounding numbers are insane. Seems like a mature-age bargain.

I think that he has really endeared himself to the fans. Is undersized and there is no telling whether he will play 0 or 25 minutes on any given night, but he plays hard which is all you can ask of a 4th/5th big

An authentic Bobcats thread needs two items on the title page.

The first is at least one picture of a Ladycat - check.

I am going to make it my personal mission to have a LadyCat pic on every page

Bench unit was awful today. Zeller -21 in 14 minutes and I don't understand why Taylor is getting minutes ahead of MKG.

I know that he has attitude issues but I would like to see BG get some burn with the second unit. Even if you just sit him in the corner, this team is crying out for someone who can hit an outside shot.

^ Beat me to it

Nice to see some coverage of the Bobcats which doesn't focus on how god awful they are. Progress :thumbsu:

The defensive rating will probably come down as the schedule evens out, but even being a middle of the road or above average defensive team is a plus after the last two seasons.

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/news/hor...c-21?CMPID=/et_cid=23648533/et_rid=1004310379
Hornets Brand Identity to be Officially Unveiled at Buzz City Night On Dec. 21
First Buzz City Night Driven by Mercedes-Benz Includes Free Long-Sleeve T-Shirt Giveaway
December 10, 2013
The Charlotte Bobcats announced today that the organization will introduce the brand identity of the Charlotte Hornets during halftime of the first Buzz City Night on Dec. 21 vs. the Utah Jazz. The Dec. 21 Buzz City Night is driven by Mercedes-Benz and will include Mercedes-Benz sponsoring a Buzz City long-sleeve T-shirt giveaway to the first 10,000 fans in attendance. Tipoff for the Bobcats-Jazz game is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.

The game will serve as the official unveiling of the Charlotte Hornets brand identity and will include the introduction of logos and wordmarks that will be utilized when the Hornets name returns for the 2014-15 NBA season. Bobcats Chairman Michael Jordan will lead the unveiling event during a special on-court ceremony at halftime.

“We are excited to introduce to our fans the next step in our overall brand identity as we transition to the Hornets,” said Bobcats Sports & Entertainment President & COO Fred Whitfield. “Our fans were the driving force to bring back the Hornets name and we wanted to share this announcement with them. In addition to the logo unveil, we are excited to celebrate the first of our five Buzz City Nights. These nights will provide great opportunities to honor the rich history of Hornets basketball with our fans in unique ways.”

The Bobcats will host five Buzz City Nights during the course of the 2013-14 NBA season. These nights will contain exclusive Buzz City fan giveaways – highlighted by bobblehead dolls of former Hornets players Dell Curry, Muggsy Bogues and Kelly Tripucka – along with in-arena activations that celebrate the history of Hornets basketball in the Carolinas and special appearances by Hornets legends. The five Buzz City Nights are as follows:

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/news/hornets-brand-identity-be-officially-unveiled-buzz-city-night-dec-21?CMPID=/et_cid=23648533/et_rid=1004310379

This excites me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back