The Official Charlotte Hornets (nee Bobcats) Thread aka the Hive

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats pretty much "Start again" isnt it?

Yep. That would be hitting the reset button. Either way Cho should be fired for doing so many trash contracts. He's also drafted terribly but who knows if that's really his doing or MJ.

That Batum one was horrific. You can live with Howards because he's preforming Just quite a few mid level trash
In the words of John Farnham... It seemed like a good idea at the time '

That Batum one was horrific. You can live with Howards because he's preforming Just quite a few mid level trash

Batum was looking like a 2 way SF stud and I don't think anyone considered it a massive overpay at the time. Those kinds of players are always in big demand

Our offense is horrid a lot of the time.

True but in a majority of games we play well in the first half, the end of the 3rd the bench falls off a cliff then in the 4th pretty much everyone falls in a heap. A Batum turnover in the last 2 mins of a close game is almost guarenteed.

True but in a majority of games we play well in the first half, the end of the 3rd the bench falls off a cliff then in the 4th pretty much everyone falls in a heap. A Batum turnover in the last 2 mins of a close game is almost guarenteed.

Batum had a contract year and has done 0 since.
Fed up with him and this team in general really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks to have a good skillset.

I just cant get excited at the moment. We just keep treading water...occasionally dragging ourselves up for air only to be weighed down again.

Pretty much. What do you think of us signing Parker?

Absolute nothing signing to me.
He has not a lot left, but would be a handy backup.

Whether we have Kemba at the start of the season is another question.

I think we're all in on Kemba. Whether he decides to sign with us after next season is another thing all together.

I just found out you guys signed JP Macura on a 2 way contract, if you dont kniw, google him. He will start a fight 5 seconds into his career

I know it's only preseason but the team is already better to watch under Coach Borrego. Bridges looks great and will hopefully be starting by Christmas. Monk has improved a lot too.

On the flipside Frank already seems to have lost his spot in the rotation after 3 minutes of todays game. He looks worse than a G Leaguer.

I know it's only preseason but the team is already better to watch under Coach Borrego. Bridges looks great and will hopefully be starting by Christmas. Monk has improved a lot too.

On the flipside Frank already seems to have lost his spot in the rotation after 3 minutes of todays game. He looks worse than a G Leaguer.

I don't think Frank knows what Frank is.

Monk looks like he has improved quite a bit over summer and with Parker and Willy we actually have a decent bench.

Its obviously only 1 game in but from this game and preseason its refreshing having a coach that is willing to try different lineups. At one point it was something like Kemba Monk Parker MKG and Willy, Clifford would never have even considered a lineup like that.

Frank didn't play at all today which is another reason to like Borrego

We need something else at the five to close some games IMO. I love Cody but he doesn’t have the green light to shoot 3s and his chemistry with MKG is concerning. We always close with MKG now but the period of the game where we played him with Biz was just disgusting offensively. Probably too much to ask for Bridges to develop into a starting caliber 4 this season but if he can, our small ball lineup of Kemba Monk Bridges MKG Batum looks really exciting.

There’s an opportunity for Frank whose defence looked good pre season but just couldn’t hit his 3s. Willy’s defence is so porous it’s hard to watch, he’s not going to be a starting C this season at least. Can’t take s**t post players like Ibaka and Felicio just dominating him. If we can have Cody as our backup C playing 20-25 minutes per night I think we’d have a super strong bench; TP+Cody would be just awesome given both are such strong fundamental players.

Nic can hit his open Js so I’d honestly prefer him to just spot up in the corner like Marvin is currently(he’s been absolute booty so far on both sides), he’s already guarding the likes of Giannis and Simmons(quite well actually) so we can play him as the four on offence.

We need another reliable ball handler with the starters. Like what I see from Monk and Bridges so far. Could see both starting by the end of the season with Kemba Batum and Cody. To make playoffs we need Lamb to get going, who had shown signs of being a decent second option last season but just looks sluggish right now on both ends. If he can start getting back to the 18 PPG he was averaging as a starter last season I think this team can go to post season.

Overall though it has been a slow start. Offence doesn’t look nearly as fast as JB said it would be; we look a really s**t team in transition and our half court game is always going to be basically get Kemba the rock until Lamb or one of our rookies steps up(I’ve given up on Nic being anything like he was in 2015/16)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back