The Official Charlotte Hornets (nee Bobcats) Thread aka the Hive

Apparently we are keen on Beal. I would send them whoever they want other than Kemba and Miles.

Yeah it'll be a lot, but we have too and until we do give up a lot to get a pairing others want to play with it'll be the same.

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
Lamb has played some big games recently but it seems JB just doesn’t trust him to close games. If we were making a trade for Beal, he and Marvin would definitely be up for grabs. Just not sure how many unprotected first round picks we’d have to add in to get Beal across the line. I’m a big believer in Monk as I believe he can play PG down the line and he’s so damn athletic that defensively as long as he keeps improving he should develop into a good defender at least for his size.

I’d much rather prefer to give up unprotected picks in 2019 and 2021 along with Lamb and Marvin for Beal than give up Monk. Kemba/Beal gets us into the playoffs in the East for at least another 2-3 years which allows Monk to develop without the pressure of having to be the second option. And you won’t get guys with the upside of Monk or Bridges with picks in the 20s which we would have with Kemba and Beal.

One of the main reasons we got TP was to accelerate the development of Monk as a PG (and Devonte Graham). I can see why people are frustrated with Monk’s play so far but he’s athletic, confident, has a nice stroke and has flashed good playmaking and ability to run the PnR. If those floaters start going in and he gets a bit stronger to finish through contact at the rim more I’m sure he will be a very good sixth man for us until Kemba starts losing some speed.

More than anything we need a winning culture in Charlotte so I’m willing to sacrifice some drafts to ensure that JB can really implant his coaching philosophy over the next 3 years. If we really wanted to stockpile young assets we’d trade Kemba while his value is high for Ingram and Lonzo Ball or a similar package.

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
We need to go at least 7-3 next 10 if we want to lock in that 6th seed.

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Seems like there isn’t that much of a hornets fan base in Australia and honestly rightly so.

Will need to do some soul searching over ASB. MJ will need to allow JB to try something new because right now nothing’s working, and our defence needs to get to a much higher standard.

I think we are missing playoffs and I also don’t want Kemba to stay unless he basically takes a 50M paycut over the next 5 years. I don’t think 190M could be given to a better guy but I think our cap flexibility is gone if we have Kemba Nic Cody taking up 80M through 2021, by then we need to extend Monk and Bridges too.

Hopefully Miles can do some cool stuff at dunk contest and explode out of ASB, could really use some consistent offensive production from him as he fits JB’s offensive and defensive schemes already, and we have Nic/MKG/Marvin around him who are pretty solid defenders. I’d love to see Miles just slash way more to open up threes for others, he’s showed some damn nifty finishes for a young guy. The Cliff squad of Kemba/Lamb/Nic/MKG/Marvin/Cody just cannot get us to playoffs

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
So what are the goals of the organisation in this offseason.

1. Convince Kemba to stay
2. Add quality
3. Get rid of at least 1 of these disgusting contracts
4. Get some guidance and mentoring for the young talents: All of Bacon, Monk, Bridges, Kaminski have shown they have what it takes to succeed at the highest level, just need to be more consistent.

Green Eggs

@TheBanterChamp
Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets
1. Move Batum - Anywhere and for anything! He still has 2 yrs left on that bloody contract I think

That is my #1 primary objective for this offseason, find Batum a new home

Capture.PNG

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Knicks probably still win that award. They had the chance to sign Durant and didn't offer him the max now they have Randle and Taj Gibson instead haha.

We had the choice to offer Max to a guy who will actually play in 19-20 (unlike Durant) but decided we'd take a 3rd string PG at $20m instead.

We lost Lamb too. This is just stuffed.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
So what are the goals of the organisation in this offseason.

1. Convince Kemba to stay
2. Add quality
3. Get rid of at least 1 of these disgusting contracts
4. Get some guidance and mentoring for the young talents: All of Bacon, Monk, Bridges, Kaminski have shown they have what it takes to succeed at the highest level, just need to be more consistent.

So far we have achieved absolutely none of these.

Back