• Cats

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Kittens

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Felines

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

3 cats is a nightmare. Put one outside, another sneaks in, track that one down and put it out and whilst you did that, the one you just put out, snuck back in. 1 or 2 is much more sane.
The first one was by choice. The other two had no home and we started feeding them. That's how you move from sanity to insanity.

I don't recommend.

The first one was by choice. The other two had no home and we started feeding them. That's how you move from sanity to insanity.

I don't recommend.

We used to have 4 cats, all from the same feral litter. It could get a little nuts, but they were also our best friends. They're all gone now, and I still mourn their demise.

Seems cheap to me. A friend is paying nearly $500 for their dog to be minded for a week. My ideal solution is to find a housesitter, but how do you find someone you can trust?
I paid $25 a day at the vet’s place. I have a friend who minds dogs at her house (one at a time, short term) and that’s what she charges.

Over Christmas-New Year lots of places charge $50 a day with a minimum of a week, paid up front. That’s how big the demand is. It will be worse now since covid, so many more pets around.

I paid $25 a day at the vet’s place. I have a friend who minds dogs at her house (one at a time, short term) and that’s what she charges.

Over Christmas-New Year lots of places charge $50 a day with a minimum of a week, paid up front. That’s how big the demand is. It will be worse now since covid, so many more pets around.
Dogs are a bit different as they need company and walks. Ideally a live in minder is the best way with dogs. A cat just needs food and water and a clean litter tray, they are fairly solitary animals by nature.

Dogs are a bit different as they need company and walks. Ideally a live in minder is the best way with dogs. A cat just needs food and water and a clean litter tray, they are fairly solitary animals by nature.

Yeah... I grew up with both cats and dogs, but. Cats definitely bond with their people and miss when the people aren't there.

Crating a cat for a week still sounds cruel as hell to me.

I love both cats and dogs, now. As a kid I was deathly afraid of both until one day I went to my P.T. place where just shortly he adopted a cav spaniel and an orange tabby soon after. Eventually after gradual exposure to both I started to like both cats and dogs more and more and, because of that, I felt that my fears of cats and dogs were irrational.

Dogs do a lot of good for the community. A cat saved my life from pills,psych doctors/wards and a life of mental/psychological misery. I owe her lots.

I know that pet adoption may not be for everybody( because of one thing or another), although it should be as there are a host of benefits, but I mean at least they deserve a modicum of dignity.

I don't know if this has been posted about before, but if you are into cats then do yourself a favour a youtube Lulu from Kittisaurus. Cutest and funniest animal I have ever seen.

Small sample above. But the lady who owns him has thousands of hours of gold on youtube with Lulu and his siblings.

I don't recommend.
Actually you just reminded me as a kid, we did tend to have three cats on our property.
One black cat, another ginger and white and a third one, that was feed at our place but I do not think it was our cat. It just some random skittish skinny black cat that hanged around the property as knew it could get a feed. The other two cats tolerated it on property but it had to keep in distance and not recall it ever in house like other two cats. Have no recall whatever happened to it, but remember it was a very nervous cat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Venting as stupid cat pissed me off.
Had radio on SEN and listening to interview. Comes in meowing and miss a word or two of interview and annoyed. I try to ignore him so can hear the rest, then the arrogant cat turns up the volume of his meow 3 times as loud and cannot hear anything.
FFS, kicked him outside and will have to find the podcast of interview to download later.
Thoughtless cat.

Venting as stupid cat pissed me off.
Had radio on SEN and listening to interview. Comes in meowing and miss a word or two of interview and annoyed. I try to ignore him so can hear the rest, then the arrogant cat turns up the volume of his meow 3 times as loud and cannot hear anything.
FFS, kicked him outside and will have to find the podcast of interview to download later.
Thoughtless cat.
You should have just picked him up and stroked him till the interview finished. Parenting 101.

You should have just picked him up and stroked him till the interview finished. Parenting 101.
He already interrupted the interview with his terrible timing. I would have missed more of it if I picked him up.
Anyway, he does not always shut up if you pick him up and he not want to be patted for just a minute or two. He wants 10 minutes attention at minimum or he will continue to carry on.
He also might purr too loudly if I had picked him and still not hear parts of interview.

Anyway, I think I picked him up earlier in the hour to pat him and he was not happy being left alone after that. Probably part of reason he tracked me down where I was listening to radio in dining room.
Since the Burmese cat passed on he tries to get all his social interaction via humans. He never said boo a year ago and now he about as noisy as a siamese cat.

He already interrupted the interview with his terrible timing. I would have missed more of it if I picked him up.
Anyway, he does not always shut up if you pick him up and he not want to be patted for just a minute or two. He wants 10 minutes attention at minimum or he will continue to carry on.
He also might purr too loudly if I had picked him and still not hear parts of interview.

Anyway, I think I picked him up earlier in the hour to pat him and he was not happy being left alone after that. Probably part of reason he tracked me down where I was listening to radio in dining room.
Since the Burmese cat passed on he tries to get all his social interaction via humans. He never said boo a year ago and now he about as noisy as a siamese cat.
He’s lonely, and needy 😢. Can you get another cat?

Yep needs a companion cat. A kitten
I agree he needs a companion. That very obvious to me after seeing him a few years in a row that Tonkinese do not like being on their own. More like dogs in that sense but I not sure about a kitten. I think he is very territorial so might try to kill another cat he did not grow up with.

Back