The Official Free Agents Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by jod23

Oakley isnt a cancer, the reason he ****ed up the Bulls last season is because he hated playing for a bad team. He wants to win, he may not even come to Washington though.

He didnt like playing behind a High school sensation..and he didnt like being coached by Pinky.

He is a cancer, no professional says bad stuff about the organization to the media. He is someone, Im glad doesnt want to be back at the Bulls.

The Wizards still dont have a PG, the PF situation is iffy IMO. Your big men wont cause too many headaches at the moment. They say Jeffries is better suited to PF than SF. And btw, I thank Jordan for picking Kwame...over Chandler, Curry and Gasol :). Apparently Kwame has put on some major pounds over the offseason.

Doesnt matter, apparently the great man was desperate for Williams in the 2001 draft... but Jay obviously decided to stay in College, and now plays for a team with a much brighter future :cool:

Originally posted by King Crow

He didnt like playing behind a High school sensation..and he didnt like being coached by Pinky.

He is a cancer, no professional says bad stuff about the organization to the media. He is someone, Im glad doesnt want to be back at the Bulls.

The Wizards still dont have a PG, the PF situation is iffy IMO. Your big men wont cause too many headaches at the moment. They say Jeffries is better suited to PF than SF. And btw, I thank Jordan for picking Kwame...over Chandler, Curry and Gasol :). Apparently Kwame has put on some major pounds over the offseason.

Doesnt matter, apparently the great man was desperate for Williams in the 2001 draft... but Jay obviously decided to stay in College, and now plays for a team with a much brighter future :cool:

Oakley seems happy in a winning enviroment. He could find that at Washington and i believe he is a friend of Jordans. I think he would help out Washington and add some toughness, defence and rebounding at the 4.

You say the PF spot is iffy and yes your right, a 3 man rotation of Leattner, Brown and Thomas isnt the best but apparently Brown has stacked it on this offseason and is looking to make his mark on the league this year. Thomas also comes with big wraps and even played well last season. There both young so we will see how they go this season.

PG is still a problem with Hughes, not really a PG and Lue and Whitney. Although the latter 2 shared the role last year and the Wiz just missed the playoffs so it cant get any worse when you add Hughes to the mix. Still a couple of veteran PG's out there and the Wizards have said there not done yet?

Washington will make the playoffs and you will be made to eat yours words.

Dallas have signed Michael Redd to an offer sheet, as have the Clippers with Wang Zhizhi. I assume that getting rid of Wang would clear up cap space for Redd, so hopefully the Clippers land their man :p. The Bucks and the Mavs can match these offers though, so watch this space.

Originally posted by Dingster
Washington are chance if Jordan and Stack can play together and Jordan plays most of the year. I wouldn't want to put my life savings on them at this stage.

There's been talk of Stackhouse playing a point-forward role, similar to that of Scottie Pippen during the Bulls dynasty. Anyone else see this happening? It would mean that Hughes wouldn't carry the ball, and 1, 2 and 3 are all scoring threats...

The Wizards are definitely heading for the play-offs, methinks.

Originally posted by Guey_34

There's been talk of Stackhouse playing a point-forward role, similar to that of Scottie Pippen during the Bulls dynasty. Anyone else see this happening?

It will be interesting how they distribute the shots. Jordan has made it clear that IF he good enough that he wants to start. Translated as I'm going to get the job done.

If Stack was playing point, I'd definetely put pressure on the ball and make him beat you. Having said that, I hope that it works out. I'm looking forward to seeing Jordan's last dance.

There's been talk of Stackhouse playing a point-forward role, similar to that of Scottie Pippen during the Bulls dynasty. Anyone else see this happening? It would mean that Hughes wouldn't carry the ball, and 1, 2 and 3 are all scoring threats...

The Wizards are definitely heading for the play-offs, methinks.

Yes i think you will see a lot of that this season. Hughes will play the point but not a traditional point. He will just become a third option on offence. Stack will carry the ball. But he needs to be quick, to get Washington into there sets early in the piece. You dont want Stack setting up your offence if he isnt sure what he's doing. I'd rather just use Whitney, at least then he gets you into your sets and gets the offence going. But Stackhouse did a lot of that for Detroit last year so he could certainly fill that role for Washington.

Originally posted by Dingster

It will be interesting how they distribute the shots. Jordan has made it clear that IF he good enough that he wants to start. Translated as I'm going to get the job done.

If Stack was playing point, I'd definetely put pressure on the ball and make him beat you. Having said that, I hope that it works out. I'm looking forward to seeing Jordan's last dance.

I dont think you will see much change.

• Jordan will be the first option on offence
  • The offence will always flow through MJ
  • Jordan and Stackhouse will never sit at the same time
  • When Jordan rests, Stack will be the go to guy

Pretty much what happened when Rip was there, Stackhouse last season finally learnt how to win, instead of demanding the ball or wanting everything to go through him, he set up teammates, he was unselfish and did the team things. Thats why Stackhouse now is a way better Stackhouse than circa 99.

Stackhouse last season finally learnt how to win, instead of demanding the ball or wanting everything to go through him, he set up teammates, he was unselfish and did the team things. Thats why Stackhouse now is a way better Stackhouse than circa 99.

I had Stack on my Fantasy team last year and he had his share of assists and rebounds to go along with his points. He'll definitely get his chance at Washington providing he doesn't have the mindset of increasing his points average. Wouldn't think that MJ would allow it, but still a small question mark.

Oakley, leadership :D ...he is what you call a cancer. He stuffed the Bulls chemistry last year and is a joke.

Every team could do with a Charles Oakley... at least a winning team could. Here's someone who goes out and plays defence, which is rarer in the NBA, now more than ever... and he hits the boards hard. If Dallas had Oak they'd win the championship, or at least go damn close to it, I'm telling you that right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every team could do with a Charles Oakley... at least a winning team could. Here's someone who goes out and plays defence, which is rarer in the NBA, now more than ever... and he hits the boards hard. If Dallas had Oak they'd win the championship, or at least go damn close to it, I'm telling you that right now.

Oakley is finished. If he cant even start on a team which finished 21-61, and had a 19 yr old in his position getting the most minutes, what good is he to a team in the West which is going after a championship.

He is pretty much useless, and would get torn up by the bigmen in the west.

He may be good to the Cavs or Nuggets who want to absolutely tank this year.

probably the best available f.a backup PG has been signed by the jazz..

mark jackson (#4 all-time assists man behind stockton, magic, oscar robertson).. still managed 8pts 7assists per game with the knicks last season.. ~

Oakley is finished. If he cant even start on a team which finished 21-61, and had a 19 yr old in his position getting the most minutes, what good is he to a team in the West which is going after a championship.

He is pretty much useless, and would get torn up by the bigmen in the west.

He may be good to the Cavs or Nuggets who want to absolutely tank this year.

You have no idea. He doesnt like to lose, but put him on a winning team and he is very valuble. Likes to play D and grab boards before the glory of scoring....very rare in this day and age.

Originally posted by coxon
probably the best available f.a backup PG has been signed by the jazz..

mark jackson (#4 all-time assists man behind stockton, magic, oscar robertson).. still managed 8pts 7assists per game with the knicks last season.. ~

Didnt Jackson start for the Knicks last season....he aint gonna be happy coming off the bench behind Stockton? Strange that the Jazz would pick him up. They already have an really old PG, why get another. You would think they would be looking towards youth because in 2 years time when Malone and Stockton hang up the boots, they are going to be the worst team in the league. Cant find anybody who is young and could turninto a star on the Jazz's roster.

You have no idea. He doesnt like to lose, but put him on a winning team and he is very valuble. Likes to play D and grab boards before the glory of scoring....very rare in this day and age.

Me no idea??? He is absolutely done for.....hence why no one is in a great rush to get the Joak.

He is a cancer, and no contenders will take him...guarenteed.

When was the last time you watched him play?

Didnt Jackson start for the Knicks last season....he aint gonna be happy coming off the bench behind Stockton? Strange that the Jazz would pick him up. They already have an really old PG, why get another. You would think they would be looking towards youth because in 2 years time when Malone and Stockton hang up the boots, they are going to be the worst team in the league. Cant find anybody who is young and could turninto a star on the Jazz's roster.

yep, going for the oldest backcourt in the league..

hmm.. maybe after promising young PGs in the past that never worked out.. they've gone for old instead... (jacque vaughn, howard eisley... who later turn sh*t... )

he needs another 48 assists to overtake oscar robertson too ~
and should overtake magic for the #2 position in the second half of the season.. (302 assists)

Originally posted by coxon

he needs another 48 assists to overtake oscar robertson too ~
and should overtake magic for the #2 position in the second half of the season.. (302 assists)

Yeah he has sort of crept up on everyone. Strange to think that he will finish his career second all time yet be the only guy in the top 5 who isnt a genuine superstar.

It dont matter to me though now many Jackson gets or how big Stocktons lead ends up being. Bottom line is that Magic could outpass them all.

The Oak man has been signed by the Wizards for 1 year.

Bateer is a good pick up considering what we had to trade for him. Practically nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back