The Official HATE METER NBA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Wade and Westbrook.

Apparently he's a good bloke in person but you see his goofy demeanor every time he's on camera and it just makes you want to throttle the guy and tell him to give a **** about something.

Im sure hes not a bad person, or even a prick.

Its more so the pure arrogance in his attitude to basketball. I mean Steve Nash comes to you as a top 5 Free Throw shooter of all time and said hey mate how would you like me to help you with those Free Throws, you know that one thing thats holding you back from being a true star of the NBA, and the same thing thats costing us games week in week out.

Howards paraphrased response: Nah mate, ill be right.

At least Shaq was always trying to fix his FT problems. Every year he'd have a new style or technique and eventually he did get it up by about 10% if i remember correctly, but he was always willing to get help with it.

Im sure hes not a bad person, or even a prick.

Its more so the pure arrogance in his attitude to basketball. I mean Steve Nash comes to you as a top 5 Free Throw shooter of all time and said hey mate how would you like me to help you with those Free Throws, you know that one thing thats holding you back from being a true star of the NBA, and the same thing thats costing us games week in week out.

Howards paraphrased response: Nah mate, ill be right.

If this is true he moves to the top of my list. Source?

Lakers
Celtics (Too bad they're not really worth hating this season)
Nets/Knicks (minus Shumpert)

Kobe
Griffin
KG/Rondo

What happens when the Heat play?

ElvisGun_7724.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 lebrone
2 dwayde

1 heat
2 heat

There's no third option that comes close to the contempt I have for the Theats and those 2 players so there's no point mentioning any other teams or players.

pathetic.

I remember picking up a basketball a few years back, after not touching one for 5 years. After a bit of screwing around with general shooting I shot 100 free throws and made just over 50. Now it's obviously a lot different shooting 100 straight shots on a court with no one around to shooting them in game, but it's embarrassing that NBA players can't make at least 2 in every 3 when I can do that after 5 years.

pathetic.

I remember picking up a basketball a few years back, after not touching one for 5 years. After a bit of screwing around with general shooting I shot 100 free throws and made just over 50. Now it's obviously a lot different shooting 100 straight shots on a court with no one around to shooting them in game, but it's embarrassing that NBA players can't make at least 2 in every 3 when I can do that after 5 years.

Without making excuses for Dwight, I've always suspected muscle mass comes into it, especially for big men in the NBA. I don't know what the scientific explanation is, but often when players bulk up, their free throw percentage drops.

As a 'Zo devotee back in the day, I can acutely remember it happening to him as his career progressed:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mournal01.html

I reckon the same thing's happen to Al Horford and Thad Young in the last couple of seasons as they've changed positions too..

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/horfoal01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/y/youngth01.html

I've never understood why big men that struggle with their FT's don't try a little baby-hook instead. Would probably get more arc on the shot and stop it clanging out.
Underarm that s**t, or aim for the backboard. Or get lessons from drummond!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back