The Official hIP HOp Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah wanted to go but didnt quite make it to either. Not the biggest fan of drapht. Dudes a sick rapper but i just cant seem to get past his voice. By all reports he does a SICK live show.

This is the Forthwrite song i was trying to get people to listen to ages ago.
Was bored so uploaded it to youtube

Edit: Bullshit, theres some crazy technology on youtube that matched up the jacked beat to the original song and automatically removed it. Ill never get that 5 minutes of my life back

Edit #2: uploaded it here instead

http://www.dailymotion.com/megapaul13/video/x7lud4_who-am-i-forthwrite_music

erectionous lol, sounds like hes struggling

any truth to the story? and did he actually **** the receptionist?

pretty s**t anyway

i'd love a war, would be hilarious, come on pegz bite back

Got a gmc mixtape at the nas, kanye concert in melbourne on the weekend.

Fukn sik ay, should be the next big thing in oz hip hop.

Ne1 know if he got an album or nething dropping soon??

GMC is the only Australian rapper using an american accent i tolerate or will listen to. Loved his mixtape.
I would say he is woking on an album atm but i dunno

I flat out refuse to listen to any Aussies who rap in an American accent. That's weak s**t.

Speaking of Americans, anyone here heard much from The Coup?

Personally I really dig their style....Can't remember if I have already pimped em in this thread but here is one of their better known tracks to whet your appetite.

[YOUTUBE]n1I6Di_q31Y[/YOUTUBE]

i flat out refuse to listen to any aussies who rap in an american accent. That's weak s**t.

listen to his song "confessions of an emcee" kinda explains thats wat he grew up listening to, so thats his style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was just watching a BnE vid on youtube and someone wrote in the comments... type in 'surreal something something'... you'll love it. So I did as I was told...

That bit at the end when he says 'stop laughin at me man' sounds exactly like one of my mates when he's stoned.

Anyone got the new Funkoars album yet? I had my first listen this week and I've gotta say so far I'm not liking it as much as their last two. It might grow on me though.

Anyone got the new Funkoars album yet? I had my first listen this week and I've gotta say so far I'm not liking it as much as their last two. It might grow on me though.

Yeah its pretty average to be honest and im a massive funkoars fan. I still think it will be good live.

Drapht is cool.

Sorry, guys, haven't dropped into this thread for a while.

Just wanted to give you a heads up on a quality book I'm reading atm -

"Where You're At: Notes From The Frontline Of A Hip-Hop Planet"

Here's a review.....

http://www.usatoday.com/life/books/reviews/2004-12-09-where-youre-at_x.htm

Pretty damn fascinating read, and doubly awesome if you're a Hip-Hop fan.

Sorry to hijack this thread again (and sorry to quote myself, as well), but I've been meaning to get back to this subject for ages.

The above book turned out to be fricken' awesome. Without spoiling it, in a nutshell - cool knowledgeable Hip Hop journo dude sets out to investigate the global impact of Hip Hop. After finding disillusionment with the corporate-ness of the New York scene, he makes for Tokyo. That scene is a bit naff, too, so he heads for Rio.

This is where the book gets really excellent, as cool knowledgeable Hip Hop journo dude starts to delve into the gang (and Hip Hop) culture of the famous "favela" slums on the outskirts of Rio - a truly fcuked up corner of the world - and talks to some of the MC's from the scene. From there it's on to JoBurg and Capetown and, specifically, the notorious gangs of the Cape Flats.

Excellent read. Q, next intra, it's yours.

Coolest part was it opened my eyes to a whole lot of new (Brazilian and African) MC's that I'd never heard of in my life.

Random example - mainly cos' I was listening to his stuff earlier today - out of Rio.....(some good aerial shots of the favelas in this clip).......

MV Bill - "Traficando Informacao"

[youtube]nVZDPhiEGJE[/youtube]

Pretty diverse MC. Here's something a bit different from him......

MV Bill - "Lingua de Tamandua"

[youtube]x-c1mcUHbmg[/youtube]

Hip hop in other languages is f**king cool. Even though I can't understand what they're saying I just love listening to the flow.

A couple of German tracks I like:

[YOUTUBE]vpgcTtbk8jw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]F1WnyuJVuqo[/YOUTUBE]

yeah mate was there it is was pretty big, For a low budget video I think they have done a pretty good job.

what do you reckon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back