The Official hIP HOp Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

if anyones in front of a tv mark ronson is hosting rage, playing a heap of hip hop, tribe called quest getting a thumping

hadn't heard it before, top video, loved the guy singin, thought the rap was the weakest part of the video, but a really good choon

[YOUTUBE]7ync5XfNNPo[/YOUTUBE]
for those following

a song that was on last night that stood out for me was clockwork by phrase, you're probably all over it, but thought it was a big track, i'd never heard it before, similar to beggin, great choon where the rappin is the weakest part but still liked it alot

[YOUTUBE]dJz6GPvyf4I[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah I only heard that Clockwork track for the first time recently too. Heard a bit of it on the radio in the car but I didn't catch the name and I couldn't pick the voice so it took me a couple of weeks to track it down. Nice track.

just watched a couple of cool docos on youtube

first one is welcome to death row, shows everything, from where the money came from, the artists, the highs and the lows goes for around 100 min so be warned

[YOUTUBE]-YTk7t2cCWM[/YOUTUBE]

second one is Notorious BIG - Bigger Than Life, good doco on biggie, talks about childhood, being broke, gettin deals, again goes for ages so be warned, see if you can guess the narrator

ps - method man is one of the funniest ****ers going around

[YOUTUBE]Yo7r_BKQ5fA[/YOUTUBE]

Haha the bloody power cut out to the mics during Bliss n Eso's set at the G today. Lucky it was only for 5 mins cos I turned over specially just to watch them.

First time I've seen them live (well, as live as you can get from my couch), they put on a pretty good show.

saw em a few months ago, were really solid and played a bunch of tracks i liked but wasn't expecting to see live

they really are two solid mc's

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw them once at St.Kilda Fest, they were pretty good. Got the crowd going and had good chemistry. Most of my hip hop mates arent really into them, I think they are pretty good.

Flight, you gonna see the Bushfire hip hop gig? http://ozhiphop.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=100009

Cechk out the names, Illzilla would be worth the 15 by themselves.

first ive heard of it, but definitely going, the guy who commented

"****s sake

s**t like this is why I want to move to Melbourne"

lol

and he's spot on

thanks for the heads up Q

i really have no idea who half of those names are

anyone in particular who i should be looking out for?

saw em a few months ago, were really solid and played a bunch of tracks i liked but wasn't expecting to see live

they really are two solid mc's

Yeah, caught their set today, too. I reckon "solid" is a good word, flight. Wasn't blown away or anything, but was still quite impressed all the same.

I actually found their obsession with crowd participation to be a bit annoying. But their skills were on display for all to see, and they've got a pretty decent DJ backing 'em. Not bad at all.

Highlight for me was the smokin' track (forget its name) that they did with Paris Wells. Man, that chick can sing. As a rule, I don't usually dig Hip-Hop songs where there's a diva type wailing away in the background, but that song seriously rocked.

F23, Illzilla will be worth the admission fee, Low Budget are dope, Justice and Kaos I havent heard since their wack days, but apparently have some dope mixtapes out soon. I like Briggs, he's a funny **** and does a good live show. You'd know Motley, he's featured with BnE and has moved to Australia. I havent heard alot of the rest, cant judge, M-Phazes and Jase are dope producers.

Yeah, caught their set today, too. I reckon "solid" is a good word, flight. Wasn't blown away or anything, but was still quite impressed all the same.

I actually found their obsession with crowd participation to be a bit annoying. But their skills were on display for all to see, and they've got a pretty decent DJ backing 'em. Not bad at all.

Highlight for me was the smokin' track (forget its name) that they did with Paris Wells. Man, that chick can sing. As a rule, I don't usually dig Hip-Hop songs where there's a diva type wailing away in the background, but that song seriously rocked.
I was so close in being in a clip with Paris, I didnt know who she was and she asked me to be in it, didnt have time though. She's a good girl.

Bump, cant let this thread die.

What are peoples thoughts on Drake?? For those who dont know him, dudes gonna be absolutely massive once his album drops. Has already had his mixtape downloaded 600,000 times off his website alone.

Ive just started to get into him. Hes got 2 mixtapes, one where he raps and one where he mainly sings. An example from both

[youtube]n-FbmLHqVao[/youtube]
[youtube]sOgc5a8ty1I[/youtube]

personally i think the hyjakntorcha album is better than the hoods

really like mules production and the boys are solid MC's

Wtf, guys ? C'mon. Need to re-crank this bad boy. It's a thread for the ages. Lift your blunted asses.

Just picked up Method Man & Redman's "Blackout! 2", Jurassic 5's "Feedback", and a disc by a Hip-Hop elder stateman whose name I don't think has been mentioned on this thread yet, E-40 (the "Element Of Surprise" album).....all for the pricely sum of (US) 1c a piece.

I heart e-bay.

(Thoughts on E-40 ? Killed early, but now does a lot of fluff. To coin a cliche, I like his old stuff better than his new stuff.)

Also, just wanted to mention.....GZA @ Prince Bandroom. Sept 11 (IIRC).

That's f***ing huge.

And it gives me an excuse to play a song that, were it not for Eric B & Rakim's "Paid In Full", would be the greatest Hip Hop track of all time.

The first verse by Inspectah Deck is my favourite. Just ridiculously s**t hot.

[youtube]isumZjs3dKA[/youtube]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back