Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Turner.....the undroppable one....

How will we cover his one goal 10 touches a game ?

Lets hope nothing happens to his other undroppable mates ......JMac, LMac and Atley...

Drop them for poor performance. Don't agree with gloating over their injury misfortune.

Polec is over rated
Won’t make a difference if he plays round 1 or not

Polec is so clearly our most damaging midfielder.

As an opposition coach, he’s the only one you’d bother tagging.

And yet you defend Dumont and Turner at every opportunity.

Incredible.

Drop them for poor performance. Don't agree with gloating over their injury misfortune.

His injury should be considered a bit of a positive. We actually may find a small forward capable of 1. Getting the ball, 2. Kicking goals, 3. Setting goals up and 4. Provide genuine forward pressure and hurt the opposition (rather than just our Gun FB in a peachy match).

Last edited:
So;

Tarrant, Brown, Cunnington Ziebell, Polec, LDU, Turner.

Not forgetting;

Jacobs, Hall, EVW, W.Walker, Hayden.

God forbid anyones been to China recently.

Right now of your first group the only ones I'm really worried about are JZ and KT.

I think the others will be okay to go by r1.

I am not gloating because the guy is injured and possibly in pain.....

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I am questioning how much of a loss is he to the team, given he consistently under performs and never gets dropped.

You need to read things more carefully.

Personally, I don't have him in my best 22.

I am not gloating because the guy is injured and possibly in pain.....

I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I am questioning how much of a loss is he to the team, given he consistently under performs and never gets dropped.

You need to read things more carefully.

Personally, I don't have him in my best 22.
"Lets hope nothing happens to his other undroppable mates" yea, you are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Lets hope nothing happens to his other undroppable mates" yea, you are.

Whatever.....

I am pointing out that Turner is consistently average and never gets dropped. And some people think the sky is falling because of Turner's injury......Come on, the bloke averages a goal a game and not much more than 10 possies a game....He is average at best......And does he get dropped ? Never.

And the same for the other 3 I mentioned, who are also average footballers, but for some reason never get dropped...

This is an opportunity to bring Mahoney into the side and see what he can do.

The list comprises Ben Brown (calf), Robbie Tarrant (foot), captain Jack Ziebell (calf), Jared Polec (foot), Ben Cunnington (soreness), Luke Davies-Uniacke (groin) and Aaron Hall (back spasms).
That doesn't include Ben Jacobs (concussion-related symptoms), whose playing future remains in genuine doubt.
Coach Rhyce Shaw is hopeful they will all, except for Jacobs and Turner, be ready to play in round one.

Because Turner's injured?
Mostly just the vibe of things
Very little in the way of actual good news coming out from the club lately

But also I see Turner as important for round one and holding the saints down. North plays best when the forward 50 pressure is at its strongest, since the mids struggle to defend.

Think when your injury list includes Brown, Tarrant, Polec, Ziebell & Cunnington you naturally become quite pessimistic. Only one of those Cunnington has played any competitive football pre-season.

Add in let's say an " average " performance v the Dogs and we don't see much v the Dees tomorrow what we've all been reasonably confident about all summer has disappeared very quickly. The previous 10 years of rd. 1 looms large > Brisbane rd. 2.

Usually l am reasonably optimistic, but looking around the league l feel we are going to be battling uphill again.

Rhyce holding a pair of 5's to begin 2020..

Think when your injury list includes Brown, Tarrant, Polec, Ziebell & Cunnington you naturally become quite pessimistic. Only one of those Cunnington has played any competitive football pre-season.

Add in let's say an " average " performance v the Dogs and we don't see much v the Dees tomorrow what we've all been reasonably confident about all summer has disappeared very quickly. The previous 10 years of rd. 1 looms large > Brisbane rd. 2.

Usually l am reasonably optimistic, but looking around the league l feel we are going to be battling uphill again.

Rhyce holding a pair of 5's to begin 2020..
Brown, polec, tarrant, ziebell....even if they do play round 1, they will be massively underdone.

This season we may well have a good excuse for a slow start

Remove this Banner Ad

Back