Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If LDU is not best 22 when fit then we have made a terrible drafting decision.

We haven't made that mistake of course - LDU, Jy, TT, Jed, Bailey, TD with bursts from Bonar, WW, CZ, CT - this will be our future midfield.

Gut running defensively, spread on offence, hardness around the ball and quality ball use - it will be a pleasure to watch.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

We haven't made that mistake of course - LDU, Jy, TT, Jed, Bailey, TD with bursts from Bonar, WW, CZ, CT - this will be our future midfield.

Gut running defensively, spread on offence, hardness around the ball and quality ball use - it will be a pleasure to watch.

God it's nice to look at that list of young players and see such a mix of strong attributes, but all with a high potential to get significant midfield rotations. We've relied on too few players with too few differing attributes for too long in the middle, and if we can keep this group together (and healthy!) we're in for a treat.

Certainly no mistake but I guess with Higgins, Cunners and even Ziebs still in the guts, its hard to fit them all in.

The "PROBLEM" is god help us all, we actually have lots of great youngsters developing at the same time give or take and some in form seniors that arent politely bowing out.

Higgins and Cunners at their very best - how much longer? Maybe longer than we think.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Happy to see the softly softly approach with regards to the next generation of players. Also extremely refreshing to be given additional insight into player's injuries and recovery timetables in regards to how players are meeting their KPIs and what specific timetables look like. While I'm not sure I feel much more confident in a '2 week' diagnosis, at least we're seeing more of their rationale for it.

A big :thumbsu: to Brady for the new weekly injury update videos, a fantastic and much appreciated initiative.
Some say including myself that Shaw has been the best appointment made at the club in the last year. I reckon Brady might be greater.

Back