Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

king rising

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The way this club deceitfully covers up injuries to players, is an insult to the fans that they so desperately want to sign up and renew memberships every year. Almost had enough of it. How can a word not be spoken about Cunnington (our best player), no press release no nothing? He ******* got concussed 4 weeks ago, and missed the entirety of last season with a back injury. What the bloody hell is going on. We deserve better, where’s the transparency? It’s nothing short of an insult.

The way this club deceitfully covers up injuries to players, is an insult to the fans that they so desperately want to sign up and renew memberships every year. Almost had enough of it. How can a word not be spoken about Cunnington (our best player), no press release no nothing? He ******* got concussed 4 weeks ago, and missed the entirety of last season with a back injury. What the bloody hell is going on. We deserve better, where’s the transparency? It’s nothing short of an insult.

To be fair, Noble said it last week that Cunnington has recovered from concussion and it’s now about reloading his fitness base. 1-2 weeks.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ben Cunnington is finally ready to play after overcoming the AFL’s increasingly arduous concussion protocols.

The star midfielder sustained a head knock nearly six weeks ago in a February 12 collision.

But he was not able to tick off the AFL’s concussion protocols, which meant he had to be completely free of all concussion symptoms including headaches before returning to training.

Under new rules a player must complete three training sessions, including one full-contact session, before being passed fit.

That took nearly a month for Cunnington, who has now progressed from the league’s red “zone” to orange to green.

His return for the clash against Gold Coast is entirely about whether he has got enough match conditioning after six weeks without a game or match simulation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our favourite saying at the club is we are being conservative with him . We are so conservative we end up not playing some of them then just delist them. You have to be able to play with injuries in this game .

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ridiculous injury list, but I will say I’m happy with the no risk policy we seem to be taking. It’s going to be a long season so if we need to take out time with guys, so be it.
Silver lining of not expecting flag competitiveness is indeed that we can take time getting players right and play more kids. Silver lining or not though, this is a lot of ******* storm clouds.

sutcliffe's hotel

Premium Platinum
Oct 30, 2005
Brisbanistan
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Figure we are at the stage where we have to get players right, for the medium & long-term, so we should adopt a minimal risk policy.

I get playing through injuries but if we are not contending this year then we have to absolutely get players as close to fully fit as possible. The Cunners & Zeibs injury fiasco of last year must stop.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Our favourite saying at the club is we are being conservative with him . We are so conservative we end up not playing some of them then just delist them. You have to be able to play with injuries in this game .
Oh ! .... aha !
Is that why we haven’t seen much of Taylor Garner for all these years ? We are being “conservative “ of course 👍

I think if we played our best team most of the time we would not finish bottom 4 but probably the middle 14th to 10th no mans land again. The club has decided we need to bottom out properly so are aiming for bottom 4 their preference bottom 2. I just hope this works.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back