Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

right, so we can field a team, with a couple left over. Everyone can settle down
We will definitely field a team and Dumont should be close to senior selection. The injury list sucks balls but you just have to take stock and battle on. I’m interested to watch and see which players can step up (Zurhaar, Larkey etc) and which fringe players can put their hands up (Atu, Xerri, Menedue etc).

This is a job for Ted Lasso:

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Whatever works mate.

Something brought down a certified curse in the middle of 2016.

It started with Spitta getting injured in round 12 and it has snowballed ever since.

Whatever works mate.

Something brought down a certified curse in the middle of 2016.

It started with Spitta getting injured in round 12 and it has snowballed ever since.

Yeah, looks like it, doesn’t it? Although, I’d argue it began with Sam Wright the week before in R11. It was the week Brad Scott peaked and we beat the Tigers by 70 points.

Yeah, looks like it, doesn’t it? Although, I’d argue it began with Sam Wright the week before in R11. It was the week Brad Scott peaked and we beat the Tigers by 70 points.

i believe its when we played the saints and higgo snapped a beauty and tore his meniscus. After that it was horrific. i think we lost, wright, spitta, garner, turner guys who were flying off the back having impacts in parts of huge finals. Jacobs as well at some stage. There were more i can recall as some stage we were nearly up to 8 or 10 of our best 22 after such a great start

i believe its when we played the saints and higgo snapped a beauty and tore his meniscus. After that it was horrific. i think we lost, wright, spitta, garner, turner guys who were flying off the back having impacts in parts of huge finals. Jacobs as well at some stage. There were more i can recall as some stage we were nearly up to 8 or 10 of our best 22 after such a great start
Higgo, Waite, Ben Jacobs, Sam Wright, LMac were the ones that really hurt. But there was also Mason Wood due to career ending concussion (he was never the same after that.) Ben brown at one point. Spitta, maybe Cunners as well. The last lot only for a week or two at a time but we also lost more players to injury that year during games than anyone else. They'd just got rid of the sub.

I know injuries cant be avoided but fu** the whole “bad luck” assessment.

Our injury management and medical team is ******* appalling.

most If our injuries are random things out of the fitness teams control:Tarrant, Luke, Steph, Corr for starters , I looked recently.

a number of soft tissue which we are seemingly very poor at managing but it’s really made look terrible by freak things.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah happened in rd 10 against the swans when Goldy got injured but super brad kept playing him.
The answer is always scotts

He’s so far off. He makes no impact
having viewed his output through from the praccy games, I don't think this is quite right; in the worst VFL team in living memory, he's been playing the hardest position, and done what he can - crashed packs, taken some contest marks and, a bit like a number 9 in soccer, led up to the ball in the centre of the ground and distributed by hand. I suspect like most on here that his papers have been stamped - I thought his best chance was when Zurhaar was concussed, because that would have been like for like - but if he got his chance in a better team, he might still make a contribution

Remove this Banner Ad

Back