Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Unpopular opinion I think he should go back again. Last year he was able to hold the structure together in the backline and was a general this year after 3 games where he was playing undersized noble moved him. Honestly think he wasn't that bad last year down back
That is unpopular haha. I hated having to watch him try and handle dangerous opponents week in week out. He got caught out too often imo, but there is something to be said for having a leader back there, especially with Hall out. McKay seems pretty inanimate and LMac doesn't come across as a general either

That is unpopular haha. I hated having to watch him try and handle dangerous opponents week in week out. He got caught out too often imo, but there is something to be said for having a leader back there, especially with Hall out. McKay seems pretty inanimate and LMac doesn't come across as a general either
An example from last year final game of season vs Adelaide ziebell missed and we had no defensive structure whatsoever they were all over the place. He might not be that good of a leader but he at least try's to position players that's why I think he should be back there

Unpopular opinion I think he should go back again. Last year he was able to hold the structure together in the backline and was a general this year after 3 games where he was playing undersized noble moved him. Honestly think he wasn't that bad last year down back

100% agree. He thrives down back. He got some confidence.

We had 13 inside 50s after quarter time. He is useless up forward

Xerri has been carrying a shoulder issue in recent weeks, with the club deciding he will undergo surgery next Monday.

So he's been carrying it for a few weeks, had to go down into the rooms last game, and we're putting him out for surgery at the same time CCJ is knocking on the door.

Food for thought:
TT back earlier than expected from internal bruising.
Hall hurting himself in two separate games, both times supposedly going into each game with an issue.
Zurharr reported as carrying a foot issue early in the year and then had to sit out midseason for it.

So he's been carrying it for a few weeks, had to go down into the rooms last game, and we're putting him out for surgery at the same time CCJ is knocking on the door.

Food for thought:
Hall hurting himself in two separate games, both times supposedly going into each game with an issue.
Zurharr reported as carrying a foot issue early in the year and then had to sit out midseason for it.

Add Comben to your list

Food for thought:
yep we like to rush injured players back

yet somehow a fresh JHF has to come through the vfl ffs noble

Food for thought:
Not sure we’re unique; I think if you went around the comp, by this stage of the season, most are playing sore to some extent

This stuff just makes me angry and sad. Maybe they do pass all the tests each week and the estimate of doing themselves a serious injury is minimal. Maybe. But * me we see this song and dance every year and I hate it so ******* much. It makes me so bitter.
I understand the frustration - we’re certainly not having much luck. On the other hand, if it was this time last year, it would be big TC back in, which wasn’t taking us forward, whereas at least now we’ve got another promising 23 year old in good nick to come in and see where his game it up to

I understand the frustration - we’re certainly not having much luck. On the other hand, if it was this time last year, it would be big TC back in, which wasn’t taking us forward, whereas at least now we’ve got another promising 23 year old in good nick to come in and see where his game it up to
There is a curse. Whether the club actively makes it worse or not I don't know, but make no mistake the curse exists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our fitness and training standards have been called out multiple times. We’ve had bad luck including selecting injury prone players but it’s been a shitshow for years.

Good to see Polly’s gone from “ Indefinite “ to TBC ????
Seems to be the same difference.
Longest 6-7 week injury ever…

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Add Comben to your list
Comben hasn't been reinjured this year.

he had a plate in his knee which was expected to be ok until the end of season but iy started causing him pain.

After some management it was decided to have the plate out mid year and let it heal.

He's currently healing.

Comben hasn't been reinjured this year.

he had a plate in his knee which was expected to be ok until the end of season but iy started causing him pain.

After some management it was decided to have the plate out mid year and let it heal.

He's currently healing.
T Garner MKIi

Remove this Banner Ad

Back