Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a big Jacobs fan, gets the job done.

Hopefully gets back to 100% soon.
Easily best 22 for me when fully fit
This.

He destroyed some of the best mids in the game.

He added plenty.
This.
One of our most instrumental players in a year that we came close to a GF.
And This.

I've maintained for the last 12 months that he's comfortably best 22 when fit. He was in our best handful of players in the second half of 2015 and performed well in all 3 finals.

For a 5th met, that's very strange (that long a lay off) hence my line of questioning.

Depends which part of the 5th met he fractured - the wrong spot can have high rates of non-union due to poor blood supply. Others can heal up relatively quickly. Obviously Ben's been unlucky. But given he's had so much trouble with it (I think this might be his third setback?), I'd be astonished if he got back within 8 weeks. Such a shame, in my eyes he's most definitely one of our most important players when up and running.

Big Roo running out of time to prove fitness
Dinny Navaratnam February 27, 2017 6:33 PM

INJURED North Melbourne forward Ben Brown is running out of time to prove his fitness for round one, conceding his chances of playing in the JLT Community Series are "up in the air".

Brown is yet to line-up in the pre-season competition as he continues to recover from the knee surgery he had in January. Meanwhile, fellow talls Majak Daw, Todd Goldstein and Braydon Preuss played in the Roos' impressive win over the Hawks, with the latter bagging three goals.

North also has to find room for veteran forward Jarrad Waite who played in the club's first hit-out against the Swans.

Brown went under the knife for what was described by the club as a "wash-out procedure" but the 24-year-old may not be fit for the pre-season clash against Greater Western Sydney on Friday, March 10.

"[The GWS game is] a bit up in the air at the moment," Brown told Fox Sports on Monday.

"The doctors are still working through whether I can get up for that game but I'm aiming for it and I'm doing as much as I can in my rehab work.

"My running's going really well and the main thing for me is my body's feeling really good, so when I do get up to play, I should feel 100 per cent ready to go."

The Kangaroos are set to be without forward Mason Wood (hamstring) and tagger Ben Jacobs (foot) for up to eight weeks, after both were hurt at training last Friday.

Fractured I am 99% sure.
Yep.

Pretty sure a surgeon was consulted, then for whatever reason decided on a different approach.

Actually I'd say that mail is reasonably solid given it was directly from an ortho surgeon who I was working for at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back