Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Need Taz and Jacobs round 1 otherwise I reckon we will lose

Arguably our 2 most important players on game day

I think it’s winnable either way to be honest. We bat massively deeper in the midfield now (both compared to last year and compared to Fremantle). No argument the job is harder without both though, they’re 2 of our best players.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
I’m not as concerned about Jacobs round 1. He hasn’t been able to contain Fyfe in the past. Tazz on the other hand ...........
Yeah, but Jacobs is worth more than just his considerable ability as a tagger. He's out best 'defensive' midfielder, if you like. When he, and to a lesser extent Jed, are in there the opposition has a much tougher time getting a clean clearance than they do when they're not in there.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m not as concerned about Jacobs round 1. He hasn’t been able to contain Fyfe in the past. Tazz on the other hand ...........

IMO Jacobs is our most important player by far

I have a feeling he will want revenge on Fyfe as he has not been able to contain him in the past. I am also worried that he may not play many games in 2019, the huge impact he has on the team as a whole is so underrated. Fingers crossed he is ready to go for Round 1

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool

I have a feeling he will want revenge on Fyfe as he has not been able to contain him in the past. I am also worried that he may not play many games in 2019, the huge impact he has on the team as a whole is so underrated. Fingers crossed he is ready to go for Round 1
He evened the ledger by the end of the game last time, didn't he, despite being towelled up earlier?

Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
There was an explaination last week. The surgery went well but there are some lingering symptoms that will clear up gradually. But apparently this is some big cover up for something far more sinister that the damn club isn't telling us, just like Durds cutting himself with a knife whilst opening a food packet. Bet he was holding a flick knife in his pocket whilst doing lines at the rippers with Dan Hannebury, cracked a chub and cut his finger off.

Must have missed that.

Play on.

THe stuff about Durds and Hanneberry sounds spot on though.

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Brown is a hundred times more important to us than Ben Jacobs.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He evened the ledger by the end of the game last time, didn't he, despite being towelled up earlier?

Fyfe - 31 disposals, 24 contested possessions, eight tackles and a goal

Jacobs - 29 disposals, 18 contested possessions, nine tackles and a goal

Hardly a bad game!

Just some scalps below. The Best defensive mid the AFL has ever seen and is already added to his offensive side, by now kicking goals and gaining high disposals. A complete midfielder

AD52A3C7-C0C0-4C6C-95FF-D299AAF9806D.jpeg

He is a GUN!

NMFC-header.png

Player Injury Estimated Return
Majak Daw Pelvis/hips Indefinite
Sam Durdin Finger 8-10 weeks
Ben Jacobs Sinusitis Indefinite
Robbie Tarrant AC joint Round one
Scott Thompson Suspended Round two Will Walker PCL Indefinite

Updated: Wednesday, February 20

Early prognosis

Tarrant is in a race against time to be fit for round one, but North is confident its best key defender will be fit to take on Fremantle and lead a Roos' defence that will be without Daw and Thompson, while fellow tall Durdin was ruled out for 10 weeks on Wednesday after suffering a deep cut to his little finger. Jacobs continues to complete a good volume of training but has not yet made a full recovery from an off-season sinus operation. The Roos won't risk the run-with midfielder in games until he has completely overcome lingering symptoms of congestion and grogginess. Second-year midfielder Walker is making a frustratingly slow recovery from the PCL strain he suffered late last season, while North will approach Daw's rehabilitation one step at a time despite the remarkable progress he has made since his fall from the Bolte Bridge in December. Jack Ziebell, Mason Wood and Jasper Pittard (all calf strains) returned to full training this week and are expected to play in the JLT Community Series. - Nick Bowen
No mention of Garner... playing R1?

One suave *

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Official BF training report suggests young Jed may be closer than the official NMFC report, interesting, hmmm

I might head out to Craigeburn on Saturday.

Back