Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

U ve never had a pelvis injury have you? A serious one?
Here's the idea. It makes no difference if ive had one, or if you've had one, or if your best friend has had one. He's recovering. He's training. That is, for all intents and purposes, the direction to return to football. That is not G O N E as you so memelordishly put it. That's getting on with it.

You, with all your prophetic wisdom have declared it all for naught. Not happening. Love to see you try to tell that to his face by the way. You have nothing to base his recovery on other than what you reckon. Which seems to be worth * all.

Screenshot_20190618-193858_AFL.jpg

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How do we already know what’s wrong with Bails yet after two weeks we still have no idea about Hall?

Good to see we’ve made progress with Walker, Jacobs & McKenzie as well...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
It would just be nice to be informed. We are one of the only clubs with guys on the injury list for 6-12 months where we still don't have a gauge on when they'll be back.
They'll let us know when they can, or when it's relevant?

If they're on a long, slow road to recovery and the 'return to work' endpoint is a bit fuzzy, what's the point in updating? They do from time to time, and that's enough for me.

My attitude is that 'until they're ready to return, I don't need or care to know.' Clearly it's different for you, but I don't understand the apparent angst.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne

If they're on a long, slow road to recovery and the 'return to work' endpoint is a bit fuzzy, what's the point in updating? They do from time to time, and that's enough for me.

My attitude is that 'until they're ready to return, I don't need or care to know.' Clearly it's different for you, but I don't understand the apparent angst.
We have just sacked the coach, so now people have to find other things to pot the club over.

Also, based on the posts I have seen, we have a disproportionately high number of sports surgeons and doctors on Bigfooty to provide ongoing commentary on where the club has incorrectly diagnosed or treated injuries to players. If only the club doctors would put down their medical journals and come onto bigfooty for the real expertise, we wouldnt have these issues where players have injuries that the club is unsure of the recovery period.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

That's your attitude, personally i'd like to know.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I’m tipping we won’t see a timeframe put on Daw at any stage because they won’t want to build the expectation that comes with that. It’ll just be indefinite right up to the week that he actually plays (if he does play at all this year). And I think that’s fine.

There is a time frame, because he's out of contract.

Give him a thorough physical at the end of the year and if they reckon he can get back to AFL footy, give him a season on the rookie list.

If they have doubts, he gets cut. We've already lost a year of football out of him from a non football related issue.

Last edited:
Back