Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Planning for next season, they would want to know if and when BJ's going to be ready. A player like him is an important part of your squad makeup going forward. If he is still on the list and hasn't been moved on they must be confident he'll be back and know what their dealing with. Blind Faith is not a good move going forward. I for one hope he's got this covered, if not get him in a coaching development roll. In a short space of time he did some good stuff with Kyron.

Dunno how true it is but someone mentioned once that Jacobs' preperation was second to none in terms of studying his opponents to get an edge on their playing preferences - where they run and what they do at stoppages, kick outs etc etc.

That's the sort of thinking that usually makes a good coach.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dunno how true it is but someone mentioned once that Jacobs' preperation was second to none in terms of studying his opponents to get an edge on their playing preferences - where they run and what they do at stoppages, kick outs etc etc.

That's the sort of thinking that usually makes a good coach.
You got in one. I know that was one of the things he worked with KH on. We watched his debut game over here and noticed stuff that would have come straight from a run with players bag of tricks.

F822ADB9-A066-44BB-B0BC-1E28620ABEFA.jpeg

Not bad only Jacobs, Walker and Hayden not in full training tomorrow when whole list is back

Can pretty much rule all 3 out of round 1. Round 1 will be key to have blokes with full preseasons under them to start strong

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, Raiders, GSW, QPR, NYM
How lucky were we Walker escaped serious injury that day against the Crows.

Very lucky.

Could have been career ending. Or at least wasted a year and a half.

Feb 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
WW would have been better off doing his ACL. Would be fully healed by now. Would throw BJ a coaching bib and open his spot up. He is my favourite player but I can’t take another year of other teams mids getting 50 touches against us and me leaving the ground knowing we would have won had BJ played 😔

TurnoverMerchant

Vanilla Campaigner
Jul 11, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
WW would have been better off doing his ACL. Would be fully healed by now. Would throw BJ a coaching bib and open his spot up. He is my favourite player but I can’t take another year of other teams mids getting 50 touches against us and me leaving the ground knowing we would have won had BJ played 😔
His injury is exactly what is preventing us from making finals. People will finally notice how much quality we have when he plays.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Anyone have an update on how the walking wounded are tracking going into the break?

Palpatine

Premium Gold
Jun 9, 2010
Launceston
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Kentucky Wildcats
Anyone have an update on how the walking wounded are tracking going into the break?
Injury list
Majak Daw:
Daw's serious hip and pelvic injuries are largely behind him but the hamstring setback that prematurely ended his season – four games into his comeback – means he remains on a modified, preventative program.
Kyron Hayden: Suffered a season-ending left Achilles injury in his AFL debut in late June and his rehabilitation has been long and precautionary. Ran this week for the first time since the injury occurred.
Ben Jacobs: Remains indefinitely out but is doing some running, and the Roos' medical staff are again labelling what Jacobs is going through as concussion-like symptoms. However, his complex issues are also to his nose and neck.
Luke McDonald: Fractured the fibula near the ankle on his right leg in mid-July and is still on the road to recovery. Resumed light run-throughs in late November and has steadily increased his intensity since, on top of swimming with Ed Vickers-Willis and Will Walker.
Tom Murphy: Ankle injuries plagued Murphy's 2019 season and the sweet-kicking defender is easing his way back into the pre-season as a result but is on the improve.
Flynn Perez: The fresh draftee suffered an anterior cruciate ligament tear in a Vic Country under-18 training camp in December last year. Should resume full training shortly after the Christmas break.
Dom Tyson: A persistent calf problem ruined Tyson's first season at Arden Street but it was a left shoulder dislocation that ended it. He underwent surgery in late August and will look to increase his output post-Christmas.
Ed Vickers-Willis: Had a setback in November in his ACL recovery and underwent an arthroscopy to fix some issues causing discomfort. Has focused on strengthening his left knee but will increase his training loads after Christmas, although a playing return date is unclear.
Will Walker: Missed all of 2019 after developing a stress reaction in his left tibia in February. That followed him suffering low-grade PCL damage, a compression fracture of the tibia and a joint capsule tear six months earlier. Is running again and targeting a return to full training in late January or early February.
Jack Ziebell: Has been on a modified program up to Christmas, similar to the one he had after the break at the start of this year, following his calf issues. The plan is to keep him fresh and avoid him doing too much too early.
Christmas Break
The Roos break for the year on Saturday and will resume on Monday, January 13. They already attended a training camp at Mornington and don't have another one planned for the new year.

Sticksphat

Team Captain
Mar 23, 2018
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Alright, I'm going full (insert worst conspiracy theory poster here)! I'm ready to call BS on Jacobs situation. Nothing the club or medical staff have said makes any sense. Sinus/concussion like symptoms? We've access to some of the best medical advice in the land and this is the best they can give us? What is the real situation? 2nd failed drug test, mental health issues, AFL think he makes us too competitive, extramarital liaisons?

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Alright, I'm going full (insert worst conspiracy theory poster here)! I'm ready to call BS on Jacobs situation. Nothing the club or medical staff have said makes any sense. Sinus/concussion like symptoms? We've access to some of the best medical advice in the land and this is the best they can give us? What is the real situation? 2nd failed drug test, mental health issues, AFL think he makes us too competitive, extramarital liaisons?

Give it a spell. Gets dropped on his head playing footy, head is f**ked and they cant find a cure and now its a drug issue? Jog on pal

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

There might be something more to it than they've said, but I have zero doubts there has been serious medical issues. Unless they are outright lying about some of his treatment, they literally went so far as to surgically burn out some of his nerves in a hope for some relief.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Injury list
Majak Daw:
Daw's serious hip and pelvic injuries are largely behind him but the hamstring setback that prematurely ended his season – four games into his comeback – means he remains on a modified, preventative program.
Kyron Hayden: Suffered a season-ending left Achilles injury in his AFL debut in late June and his rehabilitation has been long and precautionary. Ran this week for the first time since the injury occurred.
Ben Jacobs: Remains indefinitely out but is doing some running, and the Roos' medical staff are again labelling what Jacobs is going through as concussion-like symptoms. However, his complex issues are also to his nose and neck.
Luke McDonald: Fractured the fibula near the ankle on his right leg in mid-July and is still on the road to recovery. Resumed light run-throughs in late November and has steadily increased his intensity since, on top of swimming with Ed Vickers-Willis and Will Walker.
Tom Murphy: Ankle injuries plagued Murphy's 2019 season and the sweet-kicking defender is easing his way back into the pre-season as a result but is on the improve.
Flynn Perez: The fresh draftee suffered an anterior cruciate ligament tear in a Vic Country under-18 training camp in December last year. Should resume full training shortly after the Christmas break.
Dom Tyson: A persistent calf problem ruined Tyson's first season at Arden Street but it was a left shoulder dislocation that ended it. He underwent surgery in late August and will look to increase his output post-Christmas.
Ed Vickers-Willis: Had a setback in November in his ACL recovery and underwent an arthroscopy to fix some issues causing discomfort. Has focused on strengthening his left knee but will increase his training loads after Christmas, although a playing return date is unclear.
Will Walker: Missed all of 2019 after developing a stress reaction in his left tibia in February. That followed him suffering low-grade PCL damage, a compression fracture of the tibia and a joint capsule tear six months earlier. Is running again and targeting a return to full training in late January or early February.
Jack Ziebell: Has been on a modified program up to Christmas, similar to the one he had after the break at the start of this year, following his calf issues. The plan is to keep him fresh and avoid him doing too much too early.
Christmas Break
The Roos break for the year on Saturday and will resume on Monday, January 13. They already attended a training camp at Mornington and don't have another one planned for the new year.
Just out of interest is this from the horses mouth(club) or media?

Feb 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
H
How about you just don’t post.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I shouldn’t bite, but...honestly you *en utensil-head do you really think they’d waste a list spot if he was striked out?

If it is mental health then it’s no different to having other health issues like sinus/concussion...Don’t put it in the same basket as failing a drug test you *en piece of s**t.

We don't make enough out the fact that Jacobs has his issues due to an illegal sling tackle from some Brisbane (s**t Damascus) dog.

Imagine say Jack or Jed had done that to Zayne Dorko, we'd have been deregistered.

Back