Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Ben Jacobs: Remains indefinitely out but is doing some running, and the Roos' medical staff are again labelling what Jacobs is going through as concussion-like symptoms. However, his complex issues are also to his nose and neck.
This has been the case now for 2 years. It's really concerning that they still can't seem to nail down what he has, and how to fix it.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Jacobs, EVW, Hayden, Brown, Ziebell, McDonald, Tyson, Walker, Murphy & Perez are on modified programs, but all are training to some extent.

Can scratch Brown, Tyson, McDonald and Murphy off of that, because they all played "full" games today.

Polec has barely trained in any form in any of the sessions I've been to so far. Wasn't running laps with the others, like Anderson, Tarrant, Goldstein and Thomas today whilst the others played. There's definitely something there more than just management of the hard turf there.

Tarrant is a bit of a worry, as is Ziebell at this point.

Jacobs should just be chucked on the LTI, I really couldn't give a s**t if he's fit by Rnd 10 of the season and he has to sit out the rest of the season and only trains. He does a large pre-season and comes cherry ripe for 2021 and he gets a 1 year extension at the end of this year.

Complete waste of a list spot at the moment and in reality unfair to some of the other players at the moment.

Oct 9, 2003
Singapore / 30,000 feet
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Eagles (NFL), Suns (NBA)
Jacobs should just be chucked on the LTI, I really couldn't give a s**t if he's fit by Rnd 10 of the season and he has to sit out the rest of the season and only trains. He does a large pre-season and comes cherry ripe for 2021 and he gets a 1 year extension at the end of this year.

Complete waste of a list spot at the moment and in reality unfair to some of the other players at the moment.
No thanks. If BJ isn't playing by the end of this year, I wouldn't be in favour of extending him into next year. That would mean 3 years without a game, you can't carry that.
That might be harsh, but it would put us at a disadvantage if we still had him on our list but we still weren't seeing any output after so long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footywizard

All Australian
Sep 2, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Polec would have to be touch and go for round 1o

hasn’t done enough training and still not in full training, need our fittest playing round 1

Yep seems strange. Couldn't be anything too serious tho I wouldn't have thought?

Does anyone know if young perez is out on the track much?

Yeah sounds like poor old Benny cooked.

That ginger Brisbane flog Merret. Ruined Ben's career. Sling tackled Majak and knocked him out in his first game.

I say we kill every single living thing in Queensland, man, woman, George Christensen, the lot.

Jan 25, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We won't see Perez for the first two months of the season.
Crikey, not playing 'til June! Four more months in the gym and Perez be like:

1581250180514.png

But, seriously, if the delay is in his long term best interests then all for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back