Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf is going on with LDU 2 months injured and might still be out for another month. Thought it was just sore groins from training overload and that the 2 month break would have cured this as he would have just been resting and not training
Op can be a bitch, if it's servers he could be out 12 months plus, rest is pretty much all that can be done.

Ed vickers-willis looks hell fit. Dunno how we squeeze him in onces hes ready with tazz daw and walker locks for me.

Hopefully hes in the mix sooner rather than later. Need him to push someone like Macmillan out for a flanker position

Another 1st-2nd round pick with a "chronic/bad" injury issue.:rolleyes:

Wells, McIntosh, Trotter, Jesse Smith, Tarrant, Wright, Black, Harper, Curran, Garner, Jacobs, Wood, Vickers-Willis, McKay, Watson, LDU, Walker, Scott, Perez........................

Sellwood & Judd limp on to lists and crack up a couple of hundred matches with barely a miss since their 1st match

We're ******* cursed.

Curran, Hay..

Beware of hawks bearing gifts.

Ed vickers-willis looks hell fit. Dunno how we squeeze him in onces hes ready with tazz daw and walker locks for me.

Hopefully hes in the mix sooner rather than later. Need him to push someone like Macmillan out for a flanker position

Yes would have thought he would be more challenging the jmacs atley Marley pittard ahern for one of the rem 3 spots

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure that Walker has earned lock status at this point. And Daw has to show that he’s back to late 2018 form. Still a bit or work to be done from those two.

Not sure that Walker has earned lock status at this point. And Daw has to show that he’s back to late 2018 form. Still a bit or work to be done from those two.

Completely.

Lots of work to re-settle our backline. Plenty good options but other than Tarrant, Marley when back and Pittard , it’s about finding the fit and in form players to lock in a back 7.

Easy to assume Daw, Walker, Atley and JMac but McDonsld, EVW, Murphy, Ahern Are no mugs so I think there are some big long term calls to be made over the coming months.

Completely.

Lots of work to re-settle our backline. Plenty good options but other than Tarrant, Marley when back and Pittard , it’s about finding the fit and in form players to lock in a back 7.

Easy to assume Daw, Walker, Atley and JMac but McDonsld, EVW, Murphy, Ahern Are no mugs so I think there are some big long term calls to be made over the coming months.
Bit of a left field idea, but could see Will Walker developing into a playmaker off half-back. Has a bit of the Sammy Wrights about him, and with Curtis Taylor developing well as a similar type as a versatile half forward, it will be interesting to see where WW fits into the side as he pushes for a spot. I'm not sold on Ahern in the half-back role and Walker has more size and hardness.

Bit of a left field idea, but could see Will Walker developing into a playmaker off half-back. Has a bit of the Sammy Wrights about him, and with Curtis Taylor developing well as a similar type as a versatile half forward, it will be interesting to see where WW fits into the side as he pushes for a spot. I'm not sold on Ahern in the half-back role and Walker has more size and hardness.

Personally I think Will could be anything between the arc - a very natural footballer thet is pretty fearless.

Last edited:

I suggested this in the WW thread a while ago.

Could work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we go into the break with basically no issues.

Come out of a period of no training and have Larkey, EVW and Garner immediately injured.

FMD.

If that news of Garner's hammy has any depth to it you've really got to question his ability to keep his spot moving forward, especially considering the current landscape.

If that news of Garner's hammy has any depth to it you've really got to question his ability to keep his spot moving forward, especially considering the current landscape.

This is his eighth year on the list.

Has never been a consistent on field contribution.

Its a problem. There are two ways of looking at this. Its either good management on his behalf, recognising the signs and making sure there are no bigger issues to deal with, or its a result of coming back to real training and not being able to cope, meaning he needs to do a power of work before he can train properly, let alone play.

Potential replacements are Will Walker, who looks great but has a gammy knee, Lachie Hosie, who is a rookie listed player yet to debut, and Curtis Taylor, who has looked good in his 3 games.

I love the bloke and want to see him stay, but if he has to spend the next 6-10 weeks strengthening the hammy to get him to the point where he can play, then geez, the horse may have bolted.

Larkey is the big concern. Don't know the details, but foot injuries can be troublesome.
We need him fit and firing, providing even more support to Brown as the second tall forward. We don't have a ready made replacement for him.
Wood, Unless you already have wood in the team as the third tall

Too early to waste much energy on this just yet;
A dislocated toe can be anything from zero to a couple of months so unless we have heard its a severe dislocation, very disappointing but we might be lucky.

Garner having tightness sounds like a precautionary step and again could be nothing to something that becomes a niggling delay or an endless 2 weeks. Again, very disappointing but we might be lucky.

Larkey trained inside but had a sore foot - expected to play. Doesn't sound like a big deal.

Ahern, Zeebs and Kyron back which is great!! Daw now ready too if he can train well and I think Flynn was injured and I thought i saw him training.

We're basically fit from what i can tell but i, like most expect to see calves and hammys pinging left right and centre!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back