Screenshot_20200609-092216_Twitter.jpg

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Jacobs must be still in a world of hurt

That's about as "done & dusted" as you'll get from a footy dept. head.

It's a ******* tragedy too, considering how he had to originally fight back from injury adversity to become an elite level AFL footballer in his position.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

It's a ******* tragedy too, considering how he had to originally fight back from injury adversity to become an elite level AFL footballer in his position.
Yep, "if we get him back playing, that's a bonus" code for,. ...... He's not coming back😒

With all those injuries listed above, maybe we played most of round-1 with 19 players to practice for the rest of the season.

We really wouldn't want a few players to come down with a fever or flu... Or Michael Christian to begin suspending gut punches.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Really bloody sad. He seems like a smart fella, hope he has all his off field stuff in order and I hope he can have a good quality of life from here out.

Would be interesting to know if they are any closer to figuring out the source of the issue though. Is it concussion, sinus, nerves or concussion? Seems like they still aren't quite sure.

speedy

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 5, 2001
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It would be nice to get that injury list down for a change.
What is it with our kids? They are either drafted injured, or get injured soon after we draft them? It's been a constant theme all the way back to robbie tarrant.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
LDU tbc is not good.

I was hoping for a defined return time.

He is that extra quality young mid we need up and running (literally).

I hope there hasn't been a set back.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I only really see Majak and Larkey as definite best 22 players.
EVW fighting with two Macs for a spot and Jacobs just can’t get back.
LDU isn’t best 22 and neither are Turner and Garner currently.

LDU is 100% best 22 based on the preseason simulation.

He’s well ahead of Scott and Hall.

He was preferred to Simpkin in most of the center square work.

Feb 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
If we could get through to Round 5 at say 4-1 and then potentially have Larkey, LDU, Maj, EVW as depth I think Ed are well on track for a top 6 spot at a minimum.

LDU is 100% best 22 based on the preseason simulation.

He’s well ahead of Scott and Hall.

He was preferred to Simpkin in most of the center square work.
A healthy LDU yes.
But one suffering from OP with questionable ability to cover the ground (despite supposed improvement over the summer) then I’m not yet ready to concede him a definite starter in the midfield. Jy has proven thus far he can run both ways. Fingers crossed Luke will be able to cause they’ll be running the show very soon.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
A healthy LDU yes.
But one suffering from OP with questionable ability to cover the ground (despite supposed improvement over the summer) then I’m not yet ready to concede him a definite starter in the midfield. Jy has proven thus far he can run both ways. Fingers crossed Luke will be able to cause they’ll be running the show very soon.

Of course a healthy LDU, what other option is there? He isn't going to play if he isn't fit.

Doesn't mean he's not best 22 when fit.

Back