Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

It will go down as one of the stranger trades of all time. Was weird for Melbourne (didn't need another ruck), was weird for North (didn't need another slow unskilled mid), was weird for Preuss (did you really think you were gonna displace Gawn old mate?).

Tom Dyson the big winner, which is weird because he has spent the past 2 years injured and probably doesn't feel all that lucky.

and on very good coin.
I'm sure he's pretty happy when he checks his bank. From a purely footy point of view it hasn't worked for either party.

He played 3 games last year, got dropped, then has been basically injured since. He's been one week away for the past month.

His career is petering out to the scrap heap at 27 and we've wasted another list spot.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I'm sure he's pretty happy when he checks his bank. From a purely footy point of view it hasn't worked for either party.

He played 3 games last year, got dropped, then has been basically injured since. He's been one week away for the past month.

His career is petering out to the scrap heap at 27 and we've wasted another list spot.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Considering the pandemic and potential list cuts he could be considered one of the luckier people in AFL. Obviously, the 2018 trades were handled very poorly by us. Really topped up too hard.

Considering the pandemic and potential list cuts he could be considered one of the luckier people in AFL. Obviously, the 2018 trades were handled very poorly by us. Really topped up too hard.

Disagree. I think Dom was worth the punt and might still prove to be a very good pick-up.

Preuss had no future at North, so letting him go was absolutely correct. (Probably had a future at most other clubs, though, excluding Melbourne and Collingwood).

No issue with getting them, it’s the length of contract. 3 years for Tyson and Hall was absurd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screenshot_20200714-170038_AFL.jpg

Early prognosis

Cunnington is the big one here. He's missed three of the past four games and football boss Brady Rawlings says the 29-year-old won't return until he completes a full week of training, so he remains in doubt. Thomas is a concern, too, with the ankle he hurt on Saturday night and is set to miss some time. However, Ziebell is a good chance to be back after a fortnight out, while Anderson needs to pass a fitness test after being a late withdrawal last weekend. Scans confirmed Curtis Taylor escaped a facial fracture from his clash with Dylan Shiel. Nick Larkey (foot) and Luke Davies-Uniacke (groin) came through unscathed in limited minutes in North's scratch match against Essendon. Walker could play this week after missing the same practice game. - Marc McGowan

Wtf Thomas played out the game fine

Re-strapped and likely in pain with lateral movement. Probably woke the next day with swelling (no morning glory) and is undergoing the RICE treatment leaving him touch and go depending on how quickly it heals.

Anyone have any information on our injuries??

Cunnington coming along? Sounds like he has Sciatica which is really no good at all. Could end up requiring surgery?

Ziebell out for a few.

TT? No idea

Jy?

Larkey?

It just seems we are treading water and our injuries don't get any better week to week! FFS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back