Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Well we are well and truly in form in terms of our numbers on the Injury List. At 12 we are second only to Freo, who have a staggering number of 15.

And only one round in! :eek:

If ours and Freo's Lists keep building, we might have to combine resources to put a single team on the field in a few weeks time.

Last edited:

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well we are well and truly in form in terms of our numbers on the Injury List. At 12 we are only second only to Freo, who have a staggering number of 15.

And only one round in! :eek:

If ours and Freo's Lists keep building, we might have to combine resources to put a single team on the field in a few weeks time.
Maybe cornes was right...

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
The side we beat this year is going to take a long hard look at themselves.

At least we're on that side of the equation this time around. Usually we're the struggling mid-tabler who gifts some shittruck their upset for the season.

Hmmm...well that’s under the assumption that we actually.....:eek:

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I tells ya
We shoulda kept one of Durdin and Daw for tall cover this year. And paid out Campbell.
This is not with the benefit of hindsight either, it was a major worry at the time.

You're under the impression that their main focus is to win games?

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I tells ya
We shoulda kept one of Durdin and Daw for tall cover this year. And paid out Campbell.
This is not with the benefit of hindsight either, it was a major worry at the time.

Play Campbell forward and move Walker back if need be. Not that much of a difference to justify flushing $200k (or whatever Tom is on) down the shitter.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You're under the impression that their main focus is to win games?

You’re pretty confident that we’re kinda tanking? Idk

It would be nice to have a actual team that will be our future to play together. How the * are we supposed to develop our youth into the future when every year we are struggling to get half our best 22 on the park

Definitely affects our winning ability now but also damages our future ability too

We want to have a winning culture distilled in our team.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brady doing a review video of our injury situation would go down a ******* treat right about now. Sorely needing some official clarity around a few players, especially with the AFL website's injury list being a dogs breakfast of supposed inaccuracies.

I'm quite sour on a lot of our inhouse media efforts at the moment, from the website being a poorly updated mess to noticeably absent highlights videos, and a few things in between, but by far the most frustrating one right now is the lack of clarity around the health of our players. Last year we had Brady doing almost weekly video updates, and now when we're facing multiple serious and confusing incidents we're not getting s**t.

Why is Cunnington now listed as indefinite if he's out of the red and orange zones of the concussion protocols?
What actually happened for luke to go from a corky to a strain?
If we're optimistic on Corr does that mean it's confirmed grade one turf toe?
What happened with Garner, awareness, injury, loading what?
Is Xerri right to go?

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
Brady doing a review video of our injury situation would go down a ******* treat right about now. Sorely needing some official clarity around a few players, especially with the AFL website's injury list being a dogs breakfast of supposed inaccuracies.

I'm quite sour on a lot of our inhouse media efforts at the moment, from the website being a poorly updated mess to noticeably absent highlights videos, and a few things in between, but by far the most frustrating one right now is the lack of clarity around the health of our players. Last year we had Brady doing almost weekly video updates, and now when we're facing multiple serious and confusing incidents we're not getting sh*t.

Why is Cunnington now listed as indefinite if he's out of the red and orange zones of the concussion protocols?
What actually happened for luke to go from a corky to a strain?
If we're optimistic on Corr does that mean it's confirmed grade one turf toe?
What happened with Garner, awareness, injury, loading what?
Is Xerri right to go?
It's a joke isn't it. Don't understand it last year Brady was out there every week and it actually made fans happy in a s**t year that we were getting updated regularly now they go back to the same s**t. As you say why isn't there any updates on xerri on the list yet we all know he hasn't played pre season matches etc

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's a joke isn't it. Don't understand it last year Brady was out there every week and it actually made fans happy in a sh*t year that we were getting updated regularly now they go back to the same sh*t. As you say why isn't there any updates on xerri on the list yet we all know he hasn't played pre season matches etc
Xerri played a half last Saturday against Sandringham, and as far as I could see, pulled up okay; would expect him to play a full game in this week's VFL praccy, and if he does, I imagine he'll be available for selection

I think the club should just provide a list of players who aren't injured, would be a shorter list and the amount of time they put on injuries is meaningless as it is usually way off.

1616628857748.png

Xerri played a half last Saturday against Sandringham, and as far as I could see, pulled up okay; would expect him to play a full game in this week's VFL praccy, and if he does, I imagine he'll be available for selection
He'd need to be in form to warrant selection though. He is not a walk up start by any means

Yeah, Campbell could indeed perform as a forward at AFL level. :stern look

If they do this, in the immortal words of a great poster, I'm done!!!!!!!

Couldn't do any worse than Larkey and Zurhaar played last week

What's that Bob Dylan lyric along the lines of no matter how bad it is, it can always get worse.

Back