Injury The OFFICIAL Injury Updates thread - 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

The last 2-3 years have been diabolical.

We've had relatively standard injuries taking well above league average times to rehab due to incompetence.

Are the doctors we have competent?

The S&C crew need the arse immediately. No wonder we've won fu** all 1st round games in a decade. We simply arnt ready!

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It really has been awful. We always hear about how we've taken the conservative approach and given extra time to recover...then they have a delay or get injured again anyway.

I can't remember seeing so many youth players getting injured. Repeatedly.

It really has been awful. We always hear about how we've taken the conservative approach and given extra time to recover...then they have a delay or get injured again anyway.

I can't remember seeing so many youth players getting injured. Repeatedly.

You probably know of Ian King. He joked about a well known Scottish charlatan in the industry who talked a big talk and landed lots of great gigs with (US) college sporting teams and sometimes even state and national gigs too.

Slowly people would start wondering why their injuries were piling up as the conditioning guy who seemed to say all the right buzzwords and brought in all the right looking "modern" methods gradually turned their team rooms into hospital wards.

It’s the Tarrant and LMac injuries that really hurt us. Without those, our injury list would be comparatively unremarkable. I don’t think our strength and conditioning guys could have done much about the freakish nature of their injuries, though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Do they not use Teambuildr and do wellness?

Ffs I don’t even play with Carlton I only train but they give me top tier service when it comes to injuries and loading.

Monday’s we put in how many hours we slept, sleep quality level, stress level, mood, soreness. And that goes the same for the men’s and women’s team.

Some injuries are pure unlucky though. The medical team and high performance team need to have a massive meeting to get to the core of the issue why our players are getting injured. Maybe we need to cut down load, who knows.

Or do we just recruit injury prone players?

Some are unlucky and we have recruited injury prone players (Wood, garner etc.)

But this has been going on for over a decade. And it’s only getting worse.

It’s the Tarrant and LMac injuries that really hurt us. Without those, our injury list would be comparatively unremarkable. I don’t think our strength and conditioning guys could have done much about the freakish nature of their injuries, though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Notwithstanding some injuries can't be avoided, we have had the most injuries for years now. It has gone beyond bad luck.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

So Corr is two weeks away, Hayden out for 3-4 weeks, Hall is a test and Frog is set to play in the VFL. No time frame on Spicers and McGuinness injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Corr is two weeks away, Hayden out for 3-4 weeks, Hall is a test and Frog is set to play in the VFL. No time frame on Spicers and McGuinness injuries.

“The main issue at the moment is we’ve got two separate programs, given we’re still in quarantine, so our three physios are in the AFL program from the weekend and won’t get eyes on him until we’re out of quarantine,”

This... does not seem right. Surely you just get Spicer to see a reputable physio outside of the club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back