• Golden State Bangwagoners

Votes: 27 38.6%
  • Miami Cavaliers

Votes: 23 32.9%
  • Pricey's mum

Votes: 20 28.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm aware that volume shooting is often used as disparaging term to refer to players who throw bricks. Since I’m not a fan of dub basketball, it was my way of giving them a little playful jab after losing from being 3-1 up. I should’ve known though that that comment wouldn’t go down well in a relatively pro-warriors forum. :D

I guess I should’ve been more specific and instead said 3 ball happy team or a team that’s overly reliant on jump shooting but I thought it was obvious I was being subtly facetious/trolling.

I'm pro-basketball not pro-Warriors, and I have no dog in a Dubs/Cavs sh1tfight. But 'efficient volume shooter' makes no sense, trolling or not.

I preferred the Spurs ball movement and system that helped them beat the heat in 2014. It had a better balance of jump shooting along with scoring points inside the paint. Whereas Klay and Curry only slash as a last resort and they don’t have a player (Bogut, Green, etc.. do a serviceable job against mediocre teams in the regular season, in the finals it was almost non-existent) with a good enough post game to score in the paint on a consistent basis.

The main aim of the warrior’s ball movement seems to be to allow what Klay and Curry really wanna do and that’s create space and get open as much possible to shoot the 3 ball. That’s why I’m happy Lebron won this title, if was for the good of basketball at least from my perspective.

You've gotta work with what you've got. There's no point adopting an inside-out offence if you don't have legitimate post players.

Curry's perfectly capable of wreaking havoc in the paint, but Klay, Draymond & Barnes not so much. Could they use another creative player? Sure. But it doesn't make their style of basketball inherently selfish or inferior. In fact the by-product of having only one player who can consistently create his own shot is better ball movement, at least since they replaced Mark Jackson.

Their starting bigs may not score in the paint, but they are hands-down the best passing duo in the league at the moment. Work with what you have.

I was being a tad facetious. Should've known better than to take the mickey out of the sacred cow that is Curry in a forum that is obviously very pro Steph/warrior and not receptive to even slightly making fun of the guy. :D

There are no sacred cows here, if there were peternorth would have banzhammered the lot of us for Kobe jibes years ago.

However if you're going to troll, at least make it funny. Alternatively if you're going to critique, by all means have at it - but do it properly.

I've been supporting and posting about the Celtics on here for 7 years.

Stop talking about things you have no idea about.
But you post like you're Steph's best buddy. Is he your favourite player outside of Celtic players or something? Can't imagine anyone's fav player outside their own teams players would be Steph Curry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why though? Why?

People just randomly say s**t and dont give any facts or reasoning behind it.

I was strangely happy for LeBron to win it. It meant the world to him to win one for the Land as he says. He and his team, not just LeBron came back from 3-1 down against the 73-9 Warriors. It's an incredible effort.

But why does that make him clear 2nd and at least in the same stratosphere as Jordan.

I feel that's disrespecting guys like Magic, Russell, Shaq, Duncan and guys like that who have won more than LBJ.

Nobody is in Jordan's stratosphere. Jordan has LeBron covered in every field. Be it stats, advanced stats, awards, championships. You name it.

But to be honest im sick of people trying to compare LeBron to Jordan. It happened with Kobe too where Kobe ended up on some sick twisted obsession with getting a 6th title so he could emulate Jordan when Kobe was so far behind in everything else that it didnt really matter if he got a 6th.

Let LeBron be LeBron. He has his own greatness. He's not really anything like Jordan as a player. He is 20 years removed from MJ. Just enjoy LeBron for being LeBron. There really is no need to try to compare him to MJ.
I'd respond to this if it were anyone but you. No point with you.

But you post like you're Steph's best buddy. Is he your favourite player outside of Celtic players or something? Can't imagine anyone's fav player outside their own teams players would be Steph Curry.
Poster defends player on a forum full of blokes talking absolute nonsense about said player. Yeah can't do that. :$

Are you legit? He's one of the most popular and well-known players in the NBA right now, but yeah I'm sure nobody really likes him a lot unless he's on their team. Really boring player to watch he is. Does anything exist to Cleveland fans except their victim bubble?

Poster defends player on a forum full of blokes talking absolute nonsense about said player. Yeah can't do that. :$

Are you legit? He's one of the most popular and well-known players in the NBA right now, but yeah I'm sure nobody really likes him a lot unless he's on their team. Really boring player to watch he is. Does anything exist to Cleveland fans except their victim bubble?

You defend Steph way too hard. You're not even a Warriors fan, why do you feel the need to defend him so much? I don't even hate the guy. He's a freak and is a deserving back to back MVP winner.

Got nothing to do with it

Has Westbrook got a ring? What about Durant? Lillard? Paul?

okeh
You don't go around pretend you're the world's biggest fan of any of those, nor have they been your avatar change like Lebron was during the playoffs.

Admit it, you're another LeBron fanboy who has ditched/given up on his previous team.

* you are insufferable with your hypocritical whinging

You don't go around pretend you're the world's biggest fan of any of those, nor have they been your avatar change like Lebron was during the playoffs.

Admit it, you're another LeBron fanboy who has ditched/given up on his previous team.
lol, my ******* avatar is LeBron? Big ******* deal

Back