Votes: 10 35.7%
  • HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I'm to busy thinking bout Priceys mum to care about this question

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Memphis too, bar Conley

I don't feel like the Grizzlies necessarily draft poorly with the picks they have, but they certainly give up on guys and dump them pretty quickly. They draft guys who are young project types, and then lose their patience after a year or two, when they guy is barely above college age.

Obviously those inside the team would have a better insight into a player's development and worth than we would as fans, but names like Jordan Adams, Josh Selby, Jamaal Franklin and Tony Wroten were all just 21-22 when Memphis cut them. Even someone like Haseem Thabeet was dealt with pretty swiftly. I'm not saying any of those guys would have been good NBA players if the Grizz hung onto them, but surely they're also not considered the finished product at age 21-22 either, as either athletes or people. Just feels a year or two too early to be making final judgements on guys. You know what you're getting with these types of players going in, and you know they're going to take time to adapt and develop, so it's a bit strange to discard them so quickly because they haven't met your expectation after a year or two.

Mike Conley is really the only guys the Grizzlies have drafted over the past decade that they've stayed patient with and developed, and he's become one of the top guys in the league at his position, and will probably go down as the franchise's greatest player (alongside the Gasol brothers) once he's retired. You could maybe count Marc Gasol, Rudy Gay, O.J. Mayo too (drafted by other teams, but played their first NBA game as Grizzlies), but there's not really a long list of guys they've persisted with.

To be fair he was seen as a 'safe' pick and was probably top 5. In 2006 we took the same guy in Sheldon Williams (ahead of Brandon Roy, FYI we still had no point guard). Sheldon was a monster bust for a guy nick named 'the landlord' as apparently he owned the paint.

Tequila has taken me back into memory pain tonight. Lucky I am a loyal fan.

Yeah you had a few misses in those years, Acie Law was another.

You suffered eight years in the doldrums though, you expect to miss on a few picks here or there. If you'd gotten 2005 right it'd have made a huge difference, although you probably wouldn't have been in a position to draft Horford in 2007.

You're letting the cavs off lightly just highlighting that one mistake

To be honest I was stirring ;)

I'll have to lift my game.

Lol, I remember the hype this guy was getting on here last year. Pretty sure a few people thought the Warriors should have somehow given him a max deal.

I don't think it's his game that is the problem, it's his body. If memory serves health concerns were the reason he slipped down the draft board a little.

Tbh I don't recall anyone here advocating a max contract though, could be wrong though.

I don't feel like the Grizzlies necessarily draft poorly with the picks they have, but they certainly give up on guys and dump them pretty quickly. They draft guys who are young project types, and then lose their patience after a year or two, when they guy is barely above college age.

Obviously those inside the team would have a better insight into a player's development and worth than we would as fans, but names like Jordan Adams, Josh Selby, Jamaal Franklin and Tony Wroten were all just 21-22 when Memphis cut them. Even someone like Haseem Thabeet was dealt with pretty swiftly. I'm not saying any of those guys would have been good NBA players if the Grizz hung onto them, but surely they're also not considered the finished product at age 21-22 either, as either athletes or people. Just feels a year or two too early to be making final judgements on guys. You know what you're getting with these types of players going in, and you know they're going to take time to adapt and develop, so it's a bit strange to discard them so quickly because they haven't met your expectation after a year or two.

Mike Conley is really the only guys the Grizzlies have drafted over the past decade that they've stayed patient with and developed, and he's become one of the top guys in the league at his position, and will probably go down as the franchise's greatest player (alongside the Gasol brothers) once he's retired. You could maybe count Marc Gasol, Rudy Gay, O.J. Mayo too (drafted by other teams, but played their first NBA game as Grizzlies), but there's not really a long list of guys they've persisted with.

Also a fair point.

I guess the counter argument is that Wroten and Mayo have since shown they weren't worth persisting with. Rudy Gay.... well everyone knows how i feel about him :D

They have also had coaches in Joerger and Hollins who were not well know for their patience and willingness to play youth, something thats flipped on its head with the appointment of Fizdale

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Citing a source close to Anthony, Isola noted the 32-year-old "went on a tirade after the shocking loss, admonishing his teammates for blowing a 10-point lead in the final 2:30 to the inexperienced 76ers."

Furthermore, Isola reported Anthony "was also upset that he was frozen out on the Knicks' final possession

Lel

Carmelo Anthony reportedly would only accept being traded to the Clippers or Cavaliers to play with CP3 or LeBron.

Double lel

Back