• No

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • I'm to busy thinking bout Priceys mum to care about this question

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It's an interesting situation because there's so many parts to consider. His minutes distribution if they kept him would depends a lot on Okafor being moved, what they do with Ilyasova and how flexible Simmons is (this is hard to answer since we havn't seen how capable he is at guarding 3s in the NBA) but lets just assume they're keeping him because Jah gets moved and Ilyasova isn't on the roster and the depth chart looks something like...

C - Embiid, Noel, Holmes
PF - Simmons, Saric
SF - Covington, X

I think you can get something like 32mins for Embiid, 16 for Nerlens at C. Simmons 20, Saric 18, Nerlens 10 at PF. Covington 30, Simmons 12, Saric 6 at SF.

That's just a sort of rough mins distribution but it's kind of hard to say since the Sixers roster situation is so fluid and you don't know who's going to be there, like if Ben is able to be a legit #1 ball handler you can have some pretty funky line ups build around him which could see Nerlens/Embiid start together or Saric start at the 4 and Covington start at the 2 with Ben at the 3 which would open more mins up. I abslolutely think there's a place for him if the roster ends up (and that's my hope) like that.

Yeah that's sort of what I imagined, ie Noel playing two positions but minimal overlap with Embiid, 32 & 26 mins respectively sounds about right.

I guess the question is... is it prudent to hand out two max contracts to two guys who play the same position and won't play together much?

Even leaving aside Okafor, the fact that the contract renewals for both Embiid & Noel come up in the next 12 months doesn't leave a lot of time for Brown & Colangelo to figure things out. It's all coming to head rather quickly, which is exciting but also kinda scary.

Didn't think they'd much together yet but I thought it was more than that, boo.
8 minutes according to nbawowy.com

Scoring at 1.286ppp, 54%efg, 60%ts, 46%fg
Giving up 1.0ppp, 59%efg, 55%fg

Very little to make of that sample size

Yeah that's sort of what I imagined, ie Noel playing two positions but minimal overlap with Embiid, 32 & 26 mins respectively sounds about right.

I guess the question is... is it prudent to hand out two max contracts to two guys who play the same position and won't play together much?

Even leaving aside Okafor, the fact that the contract renewals for both Embiid & Noel come up in the next 12 months doesn't leave a lot of time for Brown & Colangelo to figure things out. It's all coming to head rather quickly, which is exciting but also kinda scary.

Or play Nerlens enough to get his value up and take 50 cents on the dollar in a trade and take on salary for a team looking to dump a contract

It's a certainly a very weird situation and one that you think in theory isn't a great idea given the direction the league has gone in to have all that money tied up in 2 big guys but I think you can pay him, pay Embiid next year and just see what happens. I think if Nerlens is getting 26mins a night with an improved roster around him he'll be a very sought after guy that would be a lot more movable than he is now. I'm fully prepared for a future without either Nerlens or Jah going forward and if they do trade Nerlens before the deadline for not much someone is going to a gigantic bargain.

We gotta put the money somewhere, only paying 46ish million Bayless/Simmons/Embiid/Okafor/Stauskas/Saric/TLC/Holmes/Covington/Mcconnell/Henderson (on the assumption they pick up all the options) next season, might as well throw him money and see what comes of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Merely pointing out his performance wasn't nearly as efficient as you tried to make it.

Unbunch your panties princess.
50% from the floor is not efficient when playing 45 of a 48 minutes for a 2nd year player?

Go have a sit in Heretier's thinking chair please

It's a certainly a very weird situation and one that you think in theory isn't a great idea given the direction the league has gone in to have all that money tied up in 2 big guys but I think you can pay him, pay Embiid next year and just see what happens. I think if Nerlens is getting 26mins a night with an improved roster around him he'll be a very sought after guy that would be a lot more movable than he is now. I'm fully prepared for a future without either Nerlens or Jah going forward and if they do trade Nerlens before the deadline for not much someone is going to a gigantic bargain.

We gotta put the money somewhere, only paying 46ish million Bayless/Simmons/Embiid/Okafor/Stauskas/Saric/TLC/Holmes/Covington/Mcconnell/Henderson (on the assumption they pick up all the options) next season, might as well throw him money and see what comes of it.

Yeah you're right in that asset management is the first priority.

Best case scenario is to offload Okafor ASAP while he's still got plenty of time left on his rookie deal - makes him a little more appealing as a trade target and gives you more breathing space to work the cap with Embiid, Noel & others.

What would Noel be looking at - something like 4/80? It's hard to keep up with the cap changes.

Even though it wouldn't alleviate the logjam, can't help wondering what might have happened if you'd snagged Pork or Myles Turner instead of Okafor? At least that duo can shoot with range and defend passably... frightening prospect.

What about Nick?

Can be had for a bucket of the Colonel's finest.

Best case scenario is to offload Okafor ASAP while he's still got plenty of time left on his rookie deal - makes him a little more appealing as a trade target and gives you more breathing space to work the cap with Embiid, Noel & others.

What would Noel be looking at - something like 4/80? It's hard to keep up with the cap changes.

Even though it wouldn't alleviate the logjam, can't help wondering what might have happened if you'd snagged Pork or Myles Turner instead of Okafor? At least that duo can shoot with range and defend passably... frightening prospect.
I'm the same as you, not exactly up to date on exact dollar amounts or the new CBA stuff but yeh considering the deals Noah, Mozgov, Biyombo got I'd imagine he gets offered 20 a year as a ball park number, unsure what his max would be.

And yeh as far as Jah is concerned, the pick basically a sunk cost at this point and the team would benefit without him being on the roster just to clear the log jam a bit, even if it's for crumbs. It would also be a great benefit to Brett Brown who's basically had the short end of the stick for 4 years and finally has some guys that fit what he wants to do.

50% from the floor is not efficient when playing 45 of a 48 minutes for a 2nd year player?

Go have a sit in Heretier's thinking chair please

It took him 24 shots to get 28 points but because 50% sounds more impressive you went with that to pump him up in your little wankfest vs Mudiay.

How many years he's been in the league is irrelevant.

Can be had for a bucket of the Colonel's finest.
Under the old cba

As a player with six or less years of experience, a “max” deal for Noel would be roughly 25 percent of the projected $92M salary cap, or slightly less than $23M per year

Back