Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

We've looked much better lately with both Randle and Russell back in the starting lineup.

With those two plus Clarkson we have some really good young talent coming through. Add someone like Simmons at the end of this year and that's a great core to start building around.

How much are you willing to pay Clarkson in his extension.

I mean you'll pay it anyway, but worth remembering he's off deal and subject to the Arenas provision.

If the Lakers end up with Simmons, whats the plan at the 5? And he and Randle together would be one of the worst shooting frontcourt pairings going around. Ingram could arguably be the better fit.

How much are you willing to pay Clarkson in his extension.

I mean you'll pay it anyway, but worth remembering he's off deal and subject to the Arenas provision.

JC is out of contract but I'd be really surprised if he moved elsewhere.

He's not a franchise player IMO but has had a strong year and should be rewarded for that - with money unlikely to be an issue for us, we'll probably pay him what he wants.

If the Lakers end up with Simmons, whats the plan at the 5? And he and Randle together would be one of the worst shooting frontcourt pairings going around. Ingram could arguably be the better fit.

It'll be very interesting to see what we do - with only 6 players contracted for next year I think it is pretty clear we'll be very active.

At centre all I can say is I hope we don't see Roy back next year. He has been completely useless.

We seem to have been linked to two names all year - Noah and Whiteside. Would absolutely love to see Hassan in LA....but not sure how likely that is.

I wonder if we're in for KD.....

Assuming he's healthy I think Jo could be a really good option for us. Yes he's now 31+ but we do need some experience at the 4 and 5 particularly considering we're almost certainly moving Roy and Bass on at the end of the season.

Whiteside is a huge asset and I don't think anyone will regret signing him. There would have been questions heading into this season as to whether he can continue his strong form but I don't think those queries are valid any longer. He has been absolutely dominant at times this year and I don't see why that can't continue. His rise has been astronomical and I'd be more than happy to give him a max contract.

You are probably right on KD but money talks and I reckon there would be some appeal in joining as the main man in LA. We've been down in the dumps for a few years but I'd say the prospect of leading a young group back to where the Lakers 'belong' would be a fairly attractive one.

Oh no, we're winning :(

Calling it now - if Russell can lift his passing game a little more, and keeps his scoring as he has been the past few games, he'll be a top 10 player in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blank
Randle
Ingram
Clarkson (Maybe DeRozan)
DAR

Showing the signs of a good young core, if we can get another decent FA and a good defensive C the team will be starting to look the goods.

For the record, I don't mind Mozgov as a player. He'll be much better than Hibbert. But the fact we're paying him 16mil when he's 34 really scared me.

Luol comes to LA. 4/72.

Really like Deng as a player, gives us an experienced head off the bench (?), and he can definitely still play. 72 ******* million though :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back