Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

No, certainly not. Only 4 minutes court time in the first half .... Walton probably forgot he was there.
Got ejected (was pretty soft too, Rondo who also got ejected instigated it all).

Refs have actually been quite emotional today, Luke got ejected too

Got ejected (was pretty soft too, Rondo who also got ejected instigated it all).

Refs have actually been quite emotional today, Luke got ejected too

Thank goodness I never saw the game. I thought it was a bit strange IT only played 4 minutes. At what point in the game did Luke Walton get ejected?

Thoughts on having IT Carl Hooper ??
well it's good to have a player who would've been top 5 in the mvp votes last year in our team.. but it all depends on his attitude and how luke uses him.

i think we forget how much he killed it last yesr for boston.. he was their main man.
I'm just hoping he plays to that same level, but doesn't expect a max contract in the off season haha

i wanna see how he goes with lonzo before any major judgement tho.

jeez kuz is gonna be a player

but man this side plays no defense

If he's allowed to be, he will. Doesn't get anywhere enough court time, and should be in the starting five. God only knows what's going through Walton's head. How KCP can continue to get more minutes than Kuzma is an absolute mystery. Next we'll see Kuzma wanting to be traded because he "doesn't fit in".

As for defence .... can't even play an organised offence let alone a structured defence.

Who should Kuz replace in the starting 5? He doesn’t replace Ingram or Randle at this point in time. Probably Lopez? But I don’t think Randle should be playing heaps of minutes at center

Who should Kuz replace in the starting 5? He doesn’t replace Ingram or Randle at this point in time. Probably Lopez? But I don’t think Randle should be playing heaps of minutes at center

When Kuzma was in the starting 5, he was hitting scores of 20,25,38,27,18,31 ..... next minute he's back on the bench. Why? While Kuzma was starting five, people were talking about him as a contender for Rookie if the Year, now they hardly mention him. I cannot see what KCP does to justify his spot, and in his past 10 games has hit a paltry 101 points, failing to reach double figures in 5 of those matches, and for way too long Ennis was a starter, playing more minutes than Kuzma. Ridiculous.

Lopez wouldn't get a gig in my starting 5 unless he's prepared to invest some time playing in the paint. The odd 3-point shot, bugger-all rebounds and even less blocked shots really is a waste of time. Lopez thinks he's Kevin Durant. Believe me ... he isn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First game I've been able to watch for a while - IT has been diabolical and Kuzma looks like trash

It's not pretty is it? We're going nowhere. Kuzma's gone backwards due to spending too much time on the bench.

I keep waiting for a pigeon to land on Lopez, he just stands there in the same spot on the 3 point line. Probably does it at home a lot as well.

IT was really bad, other than some good passing

Kuz is off, but he wasn’t off yesterday so it’s a consistency thing at this stage

Zubac very promising as a bench big, give him continuity from now on

Butler going into beast mode killed us

We're going nowhere.

Yeah...nah. This is clearly not true.

Last year we finished up on 26 wins, we're on 23 now with 26 games remaining in the season.

We've improved our numbers both offensively and defensively, albeit with major further improvement required particularly on defense.

We've kept and managed to get games into our young core and have positioned ourselves exceptionally well financially to bring in some established talent over the next couple of years.

There is much work to be done and we've got a hell of a long way to go, but your comment is clearly not accurate and a massive overreaction.

Yeah...nah. This is clearly not true.

Clearly? I don't think so. We're resting all our hopes on getting a couple of marquee players next season. What's the guarantee they will come? At this point in their careers, I really can't see the point in either LeBron or George wanting to join the Lakers next season. We DO need something, and unless we get them, we're just making up the numbers.

Judge my words in a couple of years' time, not now.

To clarify my earlier post, the landscape of the NBA has changed when it comes to recruitment of players. In bygone eras it would be too easy for the Lakers to sit back and wait for all those All-Star players to want to play for the Lakers. Build it, and they will come.

However, this is 2018. This is the era where top players join top teams, a la Durant to Warriors, CP3 to Houston, etc. This is the era where players recruit players. Good players want to go to teams to play with other good players and give them a chance of a ring. The NBA will eventually have to do something about this or else the NBA will be a joke ... a little like English football where there are about 3-4 strong teams and the others make up the numbers, decade after decade.

Why would LeBron, George or Klay Thompson want to come to the Lakers? Who have we got that they would want to play with? They're not going to come because of Magic and Kobe, those guys have retired. We had a chance to turn Kuzma into a star, but have neglected his progress badly. Lonzo could be a good player, but there's absolutely no guarantee he will become All-Star class ..... plus his father's a lunatic. Who'd want to come to the Lakers with Lavar circling overhead like a belligerent buzzard?

I don't think wanting to play for the Lakers because it means living in LA, a higher profile and standard of living means anything any more. This is what I'm concerned about, and why I feel we're not going anywhere fast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back