Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

Gut feel at this stage is that we trade Deng and let Randle go, and then go for Boogie on a 1 + 1

Lonzo
KCP
Ingram
LeBron
Cousins

With Kuzma, Hart, Wagner and vets off the bench (maybe Noel, Napier etc)

Gut feel at this stage is that we trade Deng and let Randle go, and then go for Boogie on a 1 + 1

Lonzo
KCP
Ingram
LeBron
Cousins

With Kuzma, Hart, Wagner and vets off the bench (maybe Noel, Napier etc)
This is what I've been thinking too. Ride out Boogie on the 1+1 and reassess next summer with a look to adding Kawhi. Might be biased as hell but I think that's pretty solid. I think we'd go down to the Rockets 4-3 but that should lift us above OKC

I've had some reservations about securing LeBron, but since Paul George made his intentions clear, I was very keen on securing LeBron. He'll make us a better team. If we can somehow get Kawhi, either this year or next year, I'll be very pleased with that. I can actually see the deal being done around mid-season when it becomes obvious to the Spurs Kawhi doesn't want to be there.

So much for these "experts" telling us LeBron wouldn't come to the Lakers without George :)

This is what I've been thinking too. Ride out Boogie on the 1+1 and reassess next summer with a look to adding Kawhi. Might be biased as hell but I think that's pretty solid. I think we'd go down to the Rockets 4-3 but that should lift us above OKC

I'm not too worried about the Rockets at this stage. So long as the Warriors still have Durant, Curry and Thompson, they're still the team to beat.

He'd want to be confident of not being traded...
He got “injured.”

Assuming this was intentional so he’d avoid getting traded...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay so we have roughly 90 shooting guards on the roster now

From reading the tea leaves... Kawhi's coming, and Ingram and Hart are gone

Do we ship out Randle and Hart with Deng this year to get rid of Deng's ridiculous contract, ride the wave this year then get Leonard and go all out next year?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back