Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
We have injuries, but we also started both Zu and McGee. Yeah, Luke’s home before the season ends

There was a rumour I read (obviously BS, but) that said the Lakers were trying to bring over Riley and Spolestra from the Heat. That would be the dream, we need a good X’s and O’s coach like Spol

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
How is his relationship with LeBron? I seem to recall they had their issues at the Heat.
I think it was him and Riley that had the issues in the end? Every chance they have or haven't patched it up, but I still doubt the rumour is true

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Bloody Walton. Kuzma has 41 points to 3/4 time, Walton says there's more to basketball than shooting and benches him in the last term. Would it have hurt him to leave Kuz on and see if he can reach 50? The coaches just don't understand what the public likes to see. Liked what I saw in Beasley who hit 15 of his 19 in the final quarter. I understand he was a team mate of LeBron at the Heat.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Bloody Walton. Kuzma has 41 points to 3/4 time, Walton says there's more to basketball than shooting and benches him in the last term. Would it have hurt him to leave Kuz on and see if he can reach 50? The coaches just don't understand what the public likes to see. Liked what I saw in Beasley who hit 15 of his 19 in the final quarter. I understand he was a team mate of LeBron at the Heat.
Um, he’s coming off that back injury. ‘Yeah Kuz, let’s risk some potential soreness and further injury by leaving you out there for another 10 minutes, even though we’re already 17 up!’. No need to have him out there

Beasley would be dynamite off the bench, as long as you surround him with good defenders, as he’s very poor in that regard

Yeah, not sure how anyone can really be critical of Walton for benching Kuz. It was absolutely the right thing to do given the circumstances.

I would’ve benched Zo a bit earlier than they did though but can understand why he was needed out there given we’re without Rondo at the moment.

Good win today, but Detroit were hopeless.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yeah beyond Blake and Drummond, Detroit are absolute crap. When Blake doesn’t fire, the team barely gives a whimper

The big thing I did get out of Kuz’s game, actually, was his defense. Obviously he exploded offensively, very much a statement game in that regard, which was great to see (pls don’t trade him Magic). But defensively, was on Griff for most of the time (who’s been on a roll before this game), and held him to 16 points. Good to see him improve in this regard

Side note: always love it when the ESPN/opposition broadcast guys get confused as to why the crowd screams ‘We want tacos’ :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Yep, yep yep ... totally expected loss. Our record against sub 500 teams is horrendous.

All I want to know is why did one of our 2 best players over the past 2 matches (Beasley) only play 7 minutes? Hart 9 points in 32 minutes, KCP 4 in 26 minutes, Stevenson 0 in 15 minutes ...... Beasley 8 in his paltry 7 minutes. I will be amazed if Walton is still coaching next year. He needs LeBron to play to make him look better.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mr 'Glue Guy' Hart has been terrible over the past few games. 1-8 from three and 3-12 from the field this game. Not as untouchable as some think, I say

We need LeBron so bad lol

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I'm fed up with Lakers being the laughing stock of the NBA.
Yeah it’s not like we signed the best player in the world last July hey :rolleyes:

The roster and coaching personnel needs a pretty big change up I think, but we’re not the laughing stock of the league at all

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ball is such a tease. When he’s firing, he’s the most fun player to watch on this team not named LeBron. When he’s not, he’s the least fun

In order of who I’d want to keep out of our young guys (most untouchable at the top):
Kuzma
Ball
Hart
Ingram (better than Hart and probably Ball, but has more value than both of them and is a worse fit)

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Ball is such a tease. When he’s firing, he’s the most fun player to watch on this team not named LeBron. When he’s not, he’s the least fun

In order of who I’d want to keep out of our young guys (most untouchable at the top):
Kuzma
Ball
Hart
Ingram (better than Hart and probably Ball, but has more value than both of them and is a worse fit)

Like most players on our roster, they show from time to time they have the ability, but only produce it every now and then. We need consistency from someone ... anyone.

Back