Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Zubac has game! He’s a very nice offensive big right now, really (defense is maybe a bit shaky). Would be great to be able to sign a good offensive and defensive big to start, and to have Zu as a long term backup

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
So, what do we offer for AD?

Hopefully we try to keep Kuz at all costs, but I feel like we let him go in the end

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
I think itll be

Lonzo
Kuzma
Ingram
Zubac

Which will be interesting as the pelly team will end up like:

C: Randle
F: Mirotic
F: Kuzma
G: Ball
G: Walker

Funny cause randle, ingram and kuzma back together.
I will be ropable if we trade away Kuz/ Zubac.
Finally growing to like this core group of players.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
As long as we keep one of Ingram/Lonzo/Kuzma (think it’ll be Ingram), and one of Hart/Zubac, I’m cool. Anything more, and I’ll take it, because it’s ******* Anthony Davis we’re getting, but it’ll still leave a bit of a bad taste. Do keep in mind though that Bron and Davis next to each other will be unstoppable 99% of the time (plus AD is 25, so once Bron retires hopefully we can convince another star to sign with him in FA)

Interestingly, if we do Lonzo, Kuz and Zu/Hart (plus KCP and picks) for AD, we could actually fill out the roster very well during the offseason. We would have about 26mil in cap, so we could possibly go for the likes of Marcus Morris, Bojan Bogdanovic etc as shooters to pair with AD/Bron/Ingram

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I don't care how good Davis is, if we lose Kuzma and Zubac to get him, I'm not interested. How about we do what the Warriors do for a change and wait for these guys to become free agents. Why not target Boogie Cousins because there's no way GWS will be able to offer him a Max contract.
Yeah because Cousins coming off an achilles injury (one of the worst basketball injuries) isn’t a risky move :rolleyes: can’t wait for AD to become a free agent either, as 1: Bron could be past it, and 2: AD could pull a PG (and likely Kawhi) on us

If we trade for him, AD basically replaces Kuzma, and we can easily fill the roster with talents that are on par with/better than what Lonzo/Hart/Zu are currently

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Yeah because Cousins coming off an achilles injury (one of the worst basketball injuries) isn’t a risky move :rolleyes: can’t wait for AD to become a free agent either, as 1: Bron could be past it, and 2: AD could pull a PG (and likely Kawhi) on us

If we trade for him, AD basically replaces Kuzma, and we can easily fill the roster with talents that are on par with/better than what Lonzo/Hart/Zu are currently

Yeah, Cousins has slipped back into basketball like a fish to water, but hey ... risky hey? :rolleyes: I don't believe in selling the farm for one player, no matter how good he is. We are in this position because we didn't draft properly when we had the chance with an arm full of number 2 picks, none of which will still be at the Lakers if Ball and Ingram are traded, and are now going for the quick fix to make up for it. I don't think it works. GWS were fortunate to draft Curry, Green and Thompson, and then got some players in to supplement them. That's the way to build a championship team. Then they've topped up their list with free agents. They never had to trade Curry, Green or Thompson to get where they are today.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yeah, Cousins has slipped back into basketball like a fish to water, but hey ... risky hey? :rolleyes: I don't believe in selling the farm for one player, no matter how good he is. We are in this position because we didn't draft properly when we had the chance with an arm full of number 2 picks, none of which will still be at the Lakers if Ball and Ingram are traded, and are now going for the quick fix to make up for it. I don't think it works. GWS were fortunate to draft Curry, Green and Thompson, and then got some players in to supplement them. That's the way to build a championship team. Then they've topped up their list with free agents. They never had to trade Curry, Green or Thompson to get where they are today.
Well personally, I'm not paying Cousins 30mil a year for 4 years to scare the s**t out of me whenever he falls like this every so often:

http://www.knbr.com/2019/01/28/demarcus-cousins-stays-in-game-after-scary-fall-vs-pacers/

The thing is with our draftees, I think it's safe to say they're not going to be as successful as who the Warriors have drafted. Ingram isn't Durant, and Lonzo isn't Kidd. Hell, everyone around here loves Zubac, but he's a long way away still from becoming the next Marc Gasol. They all have potential still, though, and thankfully, their value is still high enough (especially Kuzma) for a trade for a superstar to work. It's probably the only way we make the LeBron signing worthwhile - we signed LBJ to win a championship, not to go it solo for 5-6 years and take away from the development of our kids

Added onto that, the only free agents I see considering us this summer now are Kyrie (iffy) and Cousins (injury and attitude red flag). If Davis is traded to a good team like Boston (and Kyrie stays), he'll likely stay there in 2020, so even if LeBron hasn't declined by then, the whole AD situation will be irrelevant

Basically, we signed LeBron to win a chip, and we're not going to get much of a better chance to help that cause than what's available now

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
I’m ok losing Zu in a trade for AD and think he’ll form a part of the trade.

Would like to hold on to all of Lonzo, BI and Kuz but it’ll be tough to get something over the line.

AD would be amazing.
Really? I mean if we lost BI, i wouldnt as torn as say losing Kuz.
I think losing Zo' is a definite possibility/ Certainty.

Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Lakers,Chelsea F.C.
As long as we keep one of Ingram/Lonzo/Kuzma (think it’ll be Ingram), and one of Hart/Zubac, I’m cool. Anything more, and I’ll take it, because it’s ******* Anthony Davis we’re getting, but it’ll still leave a bit of a bad taste. Do keep in mind though that Bron and Davis next to each other will be unstoppable 99% of the time (plus AD is 25, so once Bron retires hopefully we can convince another star to sign with him in FA)

Interestingly, if we do Lonzo, Kuz and Zu/Hart (plus KCP and picks) for AD, we could actually fill out the roster very well during the offseason. We would have about 26mil in cap, so we could possibly go for the likes of Marcus Morris, Bojan Bogdanovic etc as shooters to pair with AD/Bron/Ingram
KCP can flat * off. haha. Nothing against him, just he could try hit an open 3 once in a while

Remove this Banner Ad

Back