Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah because Cousins coming off an achilles injury (one of the worst basketball injuries) isn’t a risky move :rolleyes: can’t wait for AD to become a free agent either, as 1: Bron could be past it, and 2: AD could pull a PG (and likely Kawhi) on us

If we trade for him, AD basically replaces Kuzma, and we can easily fill the roster with talents that are on par with/better than what Lonzo/Hart/Zu are currently
I still dont see why we wont recruit either Klay or KD.
I mean it is "Hollywood", and money talks.
Everyone wants to play next to LeBron

KCP can flat **** off. haha. Nothing against him, just he could try hit an open 3 once in a while
Agreed, he has to go anyway to make salaries work. If we don’t trade for AD, I think he goes in a separate trade nonetheless
I still dont see why we wont recruit either Klay or KD.
I mean it is "Hollywood", and money talks.
Everyone wants to play next to LeBron
KD has publicly criticised LBJ before, and Klay seems very much the loyal type to me. Him and Steph have a good thing going

Wouldn’t be surprised to see KD and Kawhi team up next year on the Clippers honestly

Long time reader, first time poster; Discussions galore on Twitter and on here have pricked my ears.
The way i see it, NOLA are going to ask (and have every right to) for a lot.

The way i see it is that AD will come to LA if NOLA can set themselves up.

I think Lakers will need to part ways with Kuzma and Ingram as well as maybe Hart (which sucks) and maybe a first round pick.

That gives NOLA two ready to go young players that can score. Hart would be a cherry on top. And the pick could be currency to get another player.

A pretty juicy deal for NOLA and when Bron comes back and with AD down low and with Zo feeding everyone who knows!

Keeping Zubac and Zo doesn't entirely decimate the future and it gives the team a clear 'we sacrificed friends to win' mindset, let's win.

*edit; they would probably need to dump KCP's contract as well. But this just makes life even better for NOLA post AD.

At least we did a nice trade today

Sad to see Svi go, but the FO is obviously trying to contend, and Bullock is a very nice shooting player with decent D. Cheap too, so his caphold is small if we want to retain him

I just can't get my head around what we are doing. A couple of years ago we traded Lou Williams, our best scorer, to Houston. We've let D'Lo go, we gave away Randle so we could create salary space in order to secure 2 marquee players. Now we are looking to sell the entire farm to secure AD, even though the Pelicans aren't the least interested in trading with the Lakers. We've only got the 1 marquee player, AD isn't coming, and a team full of young players looking over their shoulders wondering where their futures are. For the first time I'm really feeling sorry for Luke Walton, how can you coach a franchise that just makes it up as they go along? Now people are suggesting they tank the season and become a lottery team. Sorry, been there, done that. The Lakers should be a playoff team, stick the lottery up your arse.

I support a lot of this franchise’s decisions, but trading Zubac for Muscala makes not a lot of sense

Couldn’t we just have waived Beasley?

I support a lot of this franchise’s decisions, but trading Zubac for Muscala makes not a lot of sense

Couldn’t we just have waived Beasley?

I reckon we’ve done alright.

Muscala’s a good shooter who along with Bullock should fit in nicely in a system with LeBron.

Beasley is no loss. I like Zu but he has a long way to go and was only in the rotation anyway to pump up his value. It’s not as though we don’t have cover for him at the centre position.

We’ve freed up salary, brought in a player to fit the system & cleared a roster spot (Carmelo?). I don’t see any issues there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like NO trolled us from the start

That was obvious from the start, shades of Spurs last year with Khawi. Everyone's treating us like a joke these days and I can't blame them. Trading off Zubac is the perfect cream on the cake so far as I'm concerned. And anyone who thinks we aren't the NBA laughing stock right now haven't been paying attention to the media. We deserve all the crap they throw at us. Even LeBron's lost interest.

The problem is the Lakers are targeting FA's before they are actually FA's. It is hardly surprising it is not working. A little patience would go astray - no one is beating the Warriors anyway so what is the hurry.

Get Kahwi this offseason who actually will be a free agent

It had to be Rondo

**** the media
**** Woj
**** Mannix
**** Ainge
**** Pop
**** Demps
**** all the LA haters

LakerNation is back in business!!!!

Thoughts on buyout candidates? Kanter, Markieff and Melo seem the most realistic

Ellington is the player on the market I like the most, but with Bullock/KCP/Hart already here, he doesn’t fit

I reckon we’ve done alright.

Muscala’s a good shooter who along with Bullock should fit in nicely in a system with LeBron.

Beasley is no loss. I like Zu but he has a long way to go and was only in the rotation anyway to pump up his value. It’s not as though we don’t have cover for him at the centre position.

We’ve freed up salary, brought in a player to fit the system & cleared a roster spot (Carmelo?). I don’t see any issues there.

Muscala most likely won't be in the roster next season only shooting below league average 34% this season.

Reggie Bullock shot the rock at 45% last season down this season but he will be an UFA next year.

Zubac is good young peice although it was a strange trade because his contract was so team friendly near impossible to find his output on a better contract.

Screenshot_20190213-114819_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190213-114819_Chrome.jpg

Lakers and lebron will go nowhere near Carmelo. Where is melo going to play off the bench behind kuzma.

Lonzo Ball, Lebron, Rondo, Ingram all these guys need the rock to quote rob parker no way no how! Liability on defence melo declining bounced from New York, Okc, rockets. Bought out and waived

All these moves clearing cap space for two lax contracts next year. Muscala UFA will not be in laker town, bullock the same.

Lakers will make the playoffs clippers are tanking because there first pick is lottery protected and the Mavericks said no.

Pretty much just have to hold of the sac or spurs perhaps fallout

Wouldn’t be superseded if Bullock is re-signed. His cap hold is low enough so that we can retain him over the cap whilst still signing any max FA this year not named KD

Didn’t see the game, but how come we only played a true center for 13 minutes? (Wagner is a PF)

Well and truly on the #fireluke bandwagon now

Didn’t see the game, but how come we only played a true center for 13 minutes? (Wagner is a PF)

Well and truly on the #fireluke bandwagon now

I've been on that bandwagon for 2 years. I know I can be a little negative when it comes to the Lakers, but I honestly feel we have no idea what we're doing, from the head office down. I didn't see the game either, but I would think getting rid of Zubac was the final straw as far as this season is concerned.

The problem is the Lakers are targeting FA's before they are actually FA's. It is hardly surprising it is not working. A little patience would go astray - no one is beating the Warriors anyway so what is the hurry.

Get Kahwi this offseason who actually will be a free agent

Bingo! It's like we never learn. Nobody wants to trade a marquee player to the Lakers for fear of us becoming a super team. Pacers were never going to trade George to the Lakers, they sent him to OKC. Spurs were never going to trade Kawhi to the Lakers, they sent him to the Raptors. If we honestly thought the Pelicans were even going to entertain the thought of trading AD to us, we've got rocks in the head. FA is the only way we are going to secure these players. Why people in our top office can't seem to appreciate this, I have no idea.

As absurd as it sounds, I think Kyrie is our top chance in FA this year

Either him, Butler (who’s IMO gettable but not sure of him chemistry-wise) or Vucevic (who isn’t worth the max)

If we punt to 2020, we can’t re-sign Ingram as his cap hold eats into our max money I think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back