Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you believe Harden, of all people, complaining about referees? And he looks stupid because the calls he was complaining about were good calls :)
First time he's been fouled out in forever, because he's so protected he's not used to it hahaha

Love winning against him, him and Westbrook might be the two most annoying superstars ever lol

First time he's been fouled out in forever, because he's so protected he's not used to it hahaha

Love winning against him, him and Westbrook might be the two most annoying superstars ever lol

Excellent word to describe Harden. Annoying. I love so many players in the NBA, great players, but I cannot stand watching Harden, he just annoys the hell out of me. It's ironic that the two players who have complained about the referees of late, Harden and Embiid, spend more time at the foul line than anyone.

Honestly, I doubt a 7th seed is possible if we keep losing to poorer teams like the Pelicans minus AD. May as well get a chance in the lottery rather than get blown out by GSW first up

LeBron’s injury was what really hurt us. Re-set next year, get shooters to put around LBJ, get a lottery pick and a good FA and we’re set to go again

Honestly, I doubt a 7th seed is possible if we keep losing to poorer teams like the Pelicans minus AD. May as well get a chance in the lottery rather than get blown out by GSW first up

LeBron’s injury was what really hurt us. Re-set next year, get shooters to put around LBJ, get a lottery pick and a good FA and we’re set to go again

Agreed. I always like to think the Lakers are a playoffs chance, but I'm too much of a realist to believe it would be a good thing to make the playoffs this season.

If there’s a positive out of this run, it’s that BI is starting to look like a star. His drives are more confident and successful, his defense is good and his three point shooting has been good when open

Rondo/KCP/Lance/Beasley turning out to be trash and not what we should fit around Bron at all is the problem here

If there’s a positive out of this run, it’s that BI is starting to look like a star. His drives are more confident and successful, his defense is good and his three point shooting has been good when open

Rondo/KCP/Lance/Beasley turning out to be trash and not what we should fit around Bron at all is the problem here

Beasley's already gone isn't he? And I wouldn't expect the other 3 on the roster next season. I worry about our propensity to trade our players to get someone like AD. We cannot let Ingram or Kuzma go, otherwise it will come back to haunt us.

I hate to agree with Stephen A Smith, but I do agree with his assessment of Lonzo Ball. Whereas he's very good in defence, he simply doesn't play with enough aggression in offense to justify his #2 selection. Like myself, Smith claims it's not good enough to dribble the ball to the centre line and then pass off. Sadly it's true.

Beasley's already gone isn't he? And I wouldn't expect the other 3 on the roster next season. I worry about our propensity to trade our players to get someone like AD. We cannot let Ingram or Kuzma go, otherwise it will come back to haunt us.

I hate to agree with Stephen A Smith, but I do agree with his assessment of Lonzo Ball. Whereas he's very good in defence, he simply doesn't play with enough aggression in offense to justify his #2 selection. Like myself, Smith claims it's not good enough to dribble the ball to the centre line and then pass off. Sadly it's true.
Honestly I think the AD ship has sailed. We’ll either go all in to get a max this summer, or concede defeat and get Vucevic and maybe trade for a Beal type if he’s on the market (otherwise, sign a shooter like Bojan)

I agree with you on Lonzo. I actually don’t mind his 3 point shooting, a lot of good players in this league shoot around the same or worse than Lonzo. It’s his inability to finish, his inability to draw fouls, the fact he’s the worst guard in the league at shooting free throws when he is in fact fouled, and yes, his overall lack of aggression

I think his ceiling is a taller Rubio with better defense but much worse finishing and free throw shooting, honestly, whereas Kuz and particularly BI, if fully developed, are All-Star talents. That said, I think Ingram ends up a 21/6/4 guy with good defense, and Kuz ends up the power forward version of 2017-18 Lou Williams at peak, but that’s just me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You want to know what really annoys me? Everyone's having a wonderful time laughing at, and sticking the boots into the Lakers, LeBron in particular. All the focus is on will the Lakers make the playoffs, what's wrong with the Lakers etc, every show starts off with yet another story about what's wrong in Lakerland. When we do beat teams like Clippers, Houston, Warriors, Celtics, etc, why don't they cop any criticism as well? Pelicans have an all-star in AD and they've gone backwards. Criticism? Silence is deafening.

Celtics for all the advantages they have, Danny Ainge touted as some administrative genius with all his draft picks, etc, but the Celtics are crap right now. Where's the criticism? They were a good team when IT was tearing it up, since then they've picked up Tatum, Kyrie, Hayward, etc, and they've gone backwards. Where is the media indignation? They were smashed by Raptors tonight, played every bit as poor as the Lakers at our worse, and this wasn't a one-off for the Celtics. All the media asks is "can the Celtics win the Eastern Conference?".

Jaylen Rose touched on a point the other night and I wish he had expounded his point. He said star players NEVER cop criticism for their team's performance ....... except for LeBron James.

You want to know what really annoys me? Everyone's having a wonderful time laughing at, and sticking the boots into the Lakers, LeBron in particular. All the focus is on will the Lakers make the playoffs, what's wrong with the Lakers etc, every show starts off with yet another story about what's wrong in Lakerland. When we do beat teams like Clippers, Houston, Warriors, Celtics, etc, why don't they cop any criticism as well? Pelicans have an all-star in AD and they've gone backwards. Criticism? Silence is deafening.

Celtics for all the advantages they have, Danny Ainge touted as some administrative genius with all his draft picks, etc, but the Celtics are crap right now. Where's the criticism? They were a good team when IT was tearing it up, since then they've picked up Tatum, Kyrie, Hayward, etc, and they've gone backwards. Where is the media indignation? They were smashed by Raptors tonight, played every bit as poor as the Lakers at our worse, and this wasn't a one-off for the Celtics. All the media asks is "can the Celtics win the Eastern Conference?".

Jaylen Rose touched on a point the other night and I wish he had expounded his point. He said star players NEVER cop criticism for their team's performance ....... except for LeBron James.

We sell papers/clicks/eyeballs. The most recognised player in the world is a laker and the laker name is famous worldwide. In a nutshell, people love us and can't live without us winning or losing.

We sell papers/clicks/eyeballs. The most recognised player in the world is a laker and the laker name is famous worldwide. In a nutshell, people love us and can't live without us winning or losing.
I could quite happily live without the Lakers

I have had enough of the NBA media, way too many people whose mouths work quicker than their brain. With all the stats and crap they carry on about, and all the proof as to why the Lakers won't make the playoffs, they conveniently overlook one vital statistic.

Who are the better 5 players on the Lakers roster? You would say LeBron, Ingram, Kuzma, Ball and Rondo. How many games have the Lakers played this season with all 5 on the floor at the same time? Out of the 64 matches played so far, there have only been 13 matches when all 5 were on the floor at the same time. Now, I'm willing to bet that if you take most other teams who have at least one of their better 5 players absent for 51 of the 64 games, they wouldn't be in great shape either. In those 13 matches, the Lakers were 8-5. On ratio, that would make us 40-24 right now.

Now, the media. A collective of blowhards who just like to run off at the mouth. This Jaylen Rose, the self-appointed expert on all things basketball, will tell you by his own admission he is never wrong. Well then, why has he been emphatically stressing all week that the Lakers with LeBron are 21-24 when the truth is it is 24-21. Not one of the other so-called "experts" have picked him up on this ... simply because they wouldn't have a clue.

The media have been having a field day, loving every opportunity to stick the boot into the Lakers. I never fully realised the hatred for the Lakers until this season, it is frightening, especially when you hear of other teams making a pact not to trade with the Lakers. There are a lot of vindictive people out there and it is pathetic.

So, who do we blame for our season? Depends which day it is. At one stage it is the fault of Rob Palinka and Magic Johnson. Then it is the fault of LeBron James. Then it is the fault of Jeanie Buss. Then it is the fault of Luke Walton. Now it is the fault of the entire front office. The media are sharpening their knives hoping for a bloody coup.

Do we ever hear any blame for the other players, the ones who can't shoot to save themselves? All season, pathetic foul line shooting would have cost the team at least 10 games, if not more. The shooting against the Clippers was damned awful, and yet the media focus on LeBron in defence. Okay our defence isn't great, but there aren't many other teams showing a lot in defence either. It has been a contributing factor, but NOT the reason we are going to miss the playoffs.

Our last game against the Clippers, we are playing a team who have won 6 more games and way ahead of us in the standings. There is no Ingram, no Ball, and Kuzma goes down during the match with an ankle injury, and yet we only lose the game by 8 points!!! 8 lousy points, the way the media are carrying on, you'd think we lost by 48. Did they consider the fact that LeBron played 43 minutes? Nope, you don't hear anything about it.

I've had it with NBA, it's a cesspool of idiots, and the media is just unbelievable. Talk about people with exaggerated senses of self importance. I needed to get this off my chest. I watched a lot of NBA back in the 80s and 90s, kept a casual interest in the game up to 3 years ago when I began watching a lot more. OMG, the game has changed in so many ways, and none of it for the best. The NBA have destroyed a beautiful game I no longer wish to watch, and I certainly don't wish to hear any more vitriol from the media. I can live happily without it.

I mean tbh, a lot of it resides with Magic (and his PIC).

He hired Pelinka
They traded DAR for nothing.
They drafted Lonzo (ok the jury is out on him), and it was before signing Lebron
They signed Lance/Rondo/Javale - aka the most hilarously mismatched trio of signings imaginable, an then threw in Beasley for good measure
They traded Zubac for Mike Muscala
And to top it off they dangled the entire roster bar Lebron for Anthony Davis and then wondered why no one was playing well

Look at the Lebron teams over the last few years - GM's have surrounded him with shooters.... Bosh, Allen, Korver, Love, hell even Kyrie

The Lakers have Reggie Bullock... or as i shamelessly stole from the interwebz

Out of the five players with at least 3 three-point attempts per game, the only one of LeBron’s teammates shooting over 34% is Reggie Bullock, who was acquired just a few weeks ago at the trade deadline. 34%. The league average this season is 35.4%, so basically none of the volume perimeter shooters on the Lakers are even average.

Went to the RHCP gig last night. Apart from the Boxing day win at golden state, seeing laker tragic, Flea rocking out with his special lakers bass guitar has been the lakers season highlight for me

Lol this thread has been dead for a solid month, and rightfully so

Coach-wise, apparently Juwan Howard is the favourite to be our next coach? Don't mind it, has been learning under Spol. Lue is also one I'd be okay with, although not an inspiring hire. No thanks to Mark Jackson and Kidd. Definitely think Luke needs to go at least, yes he was given trash personnel to work with, but he just hasn't been smart enough with his rotations

Looks like we'll end up with the 10th pick if the lottery is anything to go by. Hoping for Coby White, gives me big Arenas vibes as a scoring combo guard. I wouldn't mind Jaxson Hayes either, a Capela-type big that would be great off the bench in his rookie year and can grow into the role. Garland, Hunter and Culver would be nice, but they'll be gone before our pick

Free agency? As long as we don't sign Boogie (even at 10mil for multiple years I wouldn't take him) I'm cool. Butler or Kemba are probably our best bets, max-wise? Otherwise a Vucevic and Bojan combo would be cool

Remove this Banner Ad

Back