Kyle Kuzma/Jeff Green
Anthony Davis/JaVale McGee

Aug 14, 2005
NoR
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
lakers, nufc, subi, colts
So we got him. Ball, Ingram and Hart. Plus 3 first rounders including our 4 pick. Seems plenty but there's 35 million in cap space to put some pieces in place. 2 year title window officially open.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
We did it, gents. And the thread title remains intact :p

Is it just me or would it be better signing depth to surround our two stars? Our combination is arguably the best 1-2 punch in the league, now KD is out for the season, I’d prefer to go the Toronto route now. Something like this would be nice:

Ricky Rubio/Alex Caruso
Bojan Bogdanovic/Bullock or KCP
LeBron James/Trevor Ariza
Kyle Kuzma/Paul Millsap
Anthony Davis/JaVale McGee

There was some discontent last season as to wtf the orgnisation was doing when it traded DAngelo Russell out as he became an all star. I told anyone who'd listen to calm your farms and wait. I was confident that move would result in a championship eventually. Whilst not proven I could be right in 12 months time

mickelboy182

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets
There was some discontent last season as to wtf the orgnisation was doing when it traded DAngelo Russell out as he became an all star. I told anyone who'd listen to calm your farms and wait. I was confident that move would result in a championship eventually. Whilst not proven I could be right in 12 months time

Lol don't try and claim the Lakers have done any shrewd business aside from simply being the Lakers....
Charlotte has the last 12 months you've had and they probably fold.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lol don't try and claim the Lakers have done any shrewd business aside from simply being the Lakers....
Charlotte has the last 12 months you've had and they probably fold.
So if a small market team ended up with LeBron, AD, Kuzma and cap space within a year they’d fold? Please

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No guarantee to make the playoffs.
Nah, we have the best duo in the league now. Barring injury, I think we’re the best team in the West now that KD and Klay are hurt, whether we get a 3rd max or a bunch of role players (provided we sign the right guys)

I’m excited about our chances

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I haven't followed the draft, been too busy. Anything in there for the Lakers?
We bought a 2nd round pick and got a guy called Talen Horton-Tucker. 6'4" with 7'1" wingspan, one of the youngest guys in the draft

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
We bought a 2nd round pick and got a guy called Talen Horton-Tucker. 6'4" with 7'1" wingspan, one of the youngest guys in the draft

Well, he sounds okay, but not pleased to hear his greatest weakness is shooting. That is one area we badly need to improve upon.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
Anyone else sweating on the July 6 deadline? Hoping we included in the AD deal, that the trade was to be official 30 July, to allow that cap space to be $32.5M instead of $23.5M.

We've not current favourites for any FA but if KD & Kyrie both go to the Nets, DLo might make his way back and still give is some $$$ to get some decent depth. With Lebron and AD, we just need some shooters. Lebron is going to be the primary ball handler so PG not a necessity. DLo is a nice fit, albeit feels real awkward.

Back