Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Geez the narrative seems to have really changed overnight, Clippers seem to be out of the race and it's now between us and the Raptors

I don't want to get my hopes up but would Bron/Kawhi/AD be the best big 3 in history?

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Geez the narrative seems to have really changed overnight, Clippers seem to be out of the race and it's now between us and the Raptors

I don't want to get my hopes up but would Bron/Kawhi/AD be the best big 3 in history?

Yep, I don't want to get my hopes up either .... what am I saying? That's exactly what I've been hoping for all along :)

The #2 is available as well. ;)

Last edited:

tige19

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 13, 2003
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Have a friend who works for Lakers, been in admin for a long time there. Leonard to be announced within 48 hours, it’s done.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Have a friend who works for Lakers, been in admin for a long time there. Leonard to be announced within 48 hours, it’s done.
This seems to be the buzz on Twitter, but the reports saying that Kawhi still has to meet with us, Clips and Raptors has me naturally on edge

Fingers crossed you’re right

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
This seems to be the buzz on Twitter, but the reports saying that Kawhi still has to meet with us, Clips and Raptors has me naturally on edge

Fingers crossed you’re right

The media changing their minds every 15 minutes doesn't help. I detest how they all talk as if they know something, but they're just guessing.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The media changing their minds every 15 minutes doesn't help. I detest how they all talk as if they know something, but they're just guessing.
It’s kind of sad when the twitter source I now trust the most is a non-media, non-verified guy that’s apparently close to Bron lol

You literally can’t tell, although it is Kawhi, what should we expect haha

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
It’s kind of sad when the twitter source I now trust the most is a non-media, non-verified guy that’s apparently close to Bron lol

You literally can’t tell, although it is Kawhi, what should we expect haha

I watch these shows, hoping to hear something worth listening to. You get that madman Stephen A Smith telling us Clippers have backed down and Kawhi will be coming to the Lakers. Then you watch a different show where he says Clippers are now likely to secure Kawhi. I mean, what are you supposed to believe?

Then I watch Jump, and a panel of people all sitting around hoping someone else on the panel will tell them something.

I did get a laugh out of Stephen A Smith last night though. I caught him on Get Up, and he was carrying on about the Knicks not offering Durant a max contract, and then coming out and announcing they signed Julius Randle to a $63m 3 year contract. It was just the way he said it that made me start laughing. At least I now realise he is nothing more than a clown act in a media circus.

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC

It'll be very very good but bloody hell Kareem, Magic and Big game James were unbelievable albeit Kareem was fairly done when BGJ was hitting his straps. Not sure how many have seen these guys play but I did and they transformed the NBA to what it is today.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
It'll be very very good but bloody hell Kareem, Magic and Big game James were unbelievable albeit Kareem was fairly done when BGJ was hitting his straps. Not sure how many have seen these guys play but I did and they transformed the NBA to what it is today.

Big Game James is my all-time favourite basketballer. I have an autographed Lakers pennant on my wall with an action photo of him next to it. I've always said if I could play the game in any way possible, it would have been like Worthy. I used to love his spin move on the base line and statue of liberty dunk. Those Lakers teams in the mid-late 1980s were among the best ever. Kareem, as most would know, had that unstoppable sky hook, and no need to tell people about Magic, the master of prestidigitation :)

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
So Dudley and Daniels for the min to start off, nothing extraordinary, but still solid. Both floor spacers

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Iggy rumoured to be linked to us if he gets a buyout from Memphis. That's a nice bench piece.
Yep, Iggy off the bench would be great. Still can defend well, the Warriors will be worse off without him

I'm going to guess Kawhi day is tomorrow btw, here's hoping fellas

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
The Los Angeles Lakers got their first win of the Summer League season with a 100-90 victory over the Golden State Warriors at the California Classic tournament in Sacramento on Tuesday.
For the second night in a row, the Lakers were led by guard Zach Norvell Jr., who officially signed a two-way contract with the team on Monday. Luckily, this time Norvell’s efforts came in a win.
In 27 minutes for the Lakers on Tuesday, Norvell tallied 20 points on 70 percent shooting from the field.

70 percent!!! Sounds encouraging. Having someone come off the bench and score at that rate would be great.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Definitely think Kawhi is a Raptor at this point

Time to get role players, Boogie, Danny Green, Morris, Avery Bradley will do

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Definitely think Kawhi is a Raptor at this point

Time to get role players, Boogie, Danny Green, Morris, Avery Bradley will do

Yep, agree. Although, why it has taken so long to decide to remain where you are is a bit of a mystery. I've got to the point where I don't care if Kawhi becomes a Laker or not. We need people who really want to play for us.

Back