Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
4-1 start!!!

Green was such a good signing, perfect fit in this lineup. Bron absolutely showing why he is nowhere near washed late in the game, too

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
That's why kobe > lebron
I havent seen every game, but I think Lebron's defence is an absolute heap better than it was a year ago. For most of his career I think Lebron's been significantly better on the defensive end than Kobe for what its worth. Its only really the last two he has slipped. He has been named all nba defensive team 5 times and in the second team 1. His defensive work at Miami was outstanding.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
We are exciting to watch this year. Defense and rebounding are driving us right now and something that will make us tough going forward.
I love this version of Dwight. Small sample size but, the epitome of a role playing big, just what he was bought in for.
Green is killing it, even KCP shot well today!
A+ for Vogel so far.
I can see Kuz sliding in and anchoring the second team perfectly!
Go Lakeshow.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
I havent seen every game, but I think Lebron's defence is an absolute heap better than it was a year ago. For most of his career I think Lebron's been significantly better on the defensive end than Kobe for what its worth. Its only really the last two he has slipped. He has been named all nba defensive team 5 times and in the second team 1. His defensive work at Miami was outstanding.
Lebron looks very spry on defense. Ball denial and help side in particular are superb so far.
Davis must be a lock of Defensive POTY.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Soft part of pur schedule. Glad we are capitalising before to big national TV games hit. Keep it rolling.
Having said that, even if we stay remotely healthy, we are in good shape against everyone out there with our length, defense and rebounding.

LukeHodge15

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2004
Vic
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
HFC.LFC.LAL.LAD.SF49.BB
Soft part of pur schedule. Glad we are capitalising before to big national TV games hit. Keep it rolling.
Having said that, even if we stay remotely healthy, we are in good shape against everyone out there with our length, defense and rebounding.
Good point

Iirc the first 30 games are the easiest schedule out of the whole comp

Sep 28, 2006
QLD
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
LA Lakers,NE Patriots,Liverpool FC
Down as much as 19 and down 13 at 3/4 time.
Start 4th quarter 16-0. Hahaha. Nice. Chalk another one up.

AD had a off night shooting. LBJ was LBJ. Kuz found his stroke in the 4th.

In previous years I've started to feel a little depressed by the second or third week of the season, but the start to this season has been very positive.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Nice win today. AD was down but Lebron lifted and ran the show, again. Love the shoulder shrugs! Good teams win games when they aren’t at their best and we certainly did that today. Rotations look great, Kuz working his way in and the defence is killing it consistently. Very happy Laker fan.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
Not concerned about losing to the Raptors. Their pace and space will always bother our speed deficiencies and lack of cohesion. When Green is not hitting, we are not a good offensive team. Let’s mark that as just one of those games and move on. 8 and 1, 7 and 2; meh!

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not concerned about losing to the Raptors. Their pace and space will always bother our speed deficiencies and lack of cohesion. When Green is not hitting, we are not a good offensive team. Let’s mark that as just one of those games and move on. 8 and 1, 7 and 2; meh!
We still need Iggy for both defence and shooting.
It is still very confusing to work out if we are better with LeBron bringing the ball up the court or not. The ball movement isnt great when LeBron brings it up in half court situations thats for sure.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Good win today, really impressive defensive effort by Caruso on Booker, he's a very important part of the rotation now. Wouldn't have thought that would ever really be the case at all a year ago

Agree with the above, Iggy would still be a great get as a wing defender who can score and playmake a little

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Raptors are the new Spurs. Their system and the way they play will mean that they wont slip out of the range of being a solid nba playoff team for a fair while is my prediction.

Back