Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Welp, that's the worst loss of the season. No effort

Think a trade for D Rose needs to happen now. Kuz just can't put out a consistent scoring effort. Trade Kuz, Cook and Daniels for Rose and Markieff Morris, and sign a shooter (maybe Allen Crabbe gets bought out?)

PG: LeBron James - Derrick Rose - Rajon Rondo
SG: Avery Bradley - Alex Caruso - Allen Crabbe
SF: Danny Green - Kentavious Caldwell-Pope - Talen Horton-Tucker
PF: Anthony Davis - Markieff Morris - Jared Dudley
C: JaVale McGee - Dwight Howard - DeMarcus Cousins
Yeah I like the Kuz, Cook and Daniels for Rose and Morris trade. Kuzma just misses too many open shots. I think they should also try Howard and Mcgee on the court a bit more together.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
Yeah I like the Kuz, Cook and Daniels for Rose and Morris trade. Kuzma just misses too many open shots. I think they should also try Howard and Mcgee on the court a bit more together.
The good thing about Morris is that we don't lose a lot on corner three's (Kuzma is 57% from the corner compared to 28% elsewhere from deep IIRC), Keef's been a really solid catch and shoot player this year but can be a little streaky. Rose isn't a shooting improvement on Rondo, but at least you know you'll get 20 or more points from him most nights, which you can't guarantee from Kuz

Howard and McGee, boy imagine the spacing :p

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
The good thing about Morris is that we don't lose a lot on corner three's (Kuzma is 57% from the corner compared to 28% elsewhere from deep IIRC), Keef's been a really solid catch and shoot player this year but can be a little streaky. Rose isn't a shooting improvement on Rondo, but at least you know you'll get 20 or more points from him most nights, which you can't guarantee from Kuz

Howard and McGee, boy imagine the spacing :p
Yeah. I get the spacing thing with Howard and Mcgee. Im talking about a handful of minutes. Calm down chief.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yeah. I get the spacing thing with Howard and Mcgee. Im talking about a handful of minutes. Calm down chief.
Haha apologies if I came off rude

Bron vs Kyrie tonight, would be interesting if he passed Kobe for all time points tonight, showing Kyrie what he's missing out on lol

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Haha apologies if I came off rude

Bron vs Kyrie tonight, would be interesting if he passed Kobe for all time points tonight, showing Kyrie what he's missing out on lol
Yeah no probs at all. Geez it looks more and more like LeBorn was the one who kept Kyrie on track at the Cavs.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Yeah no probs at all. Geez it looks more and more like LeBorn was the one who kept Kyrie on track at the Cavs.
Is it just me or was it less worrying with Kyrie on the court today? It seems like he's in a completely different world to the rest of the team, I can actually see a Marbury-like fizz out coming for him if he 1) keeps getting injured and 2) keeps this kind of mentality

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood

I don't think there's much doubt about that. He split from LeBron because he wanted to have his own team, but it has failed. One day he may wake up that there are leaders and followers, and right now he's isn't either one.

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is it just me or was it less worrying with Kyrie on the court today? It seems like he's in a completely different world to the rest of the team, I can actually see a Marbury-like fizz out coming for him if he 1) keeps getting injured and 2) keeps this kind of mentality
Yep I can see that too. Remebmer when Marbury had the nickname Starbury? Then all of a sudden he dropped off to be an average player and then out of the league in a five year period.

The greatest

ClXhU3uWMAAXOHJ.jpg

DeadlyAkkuret

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 10, 2007
Ensconced in velvet
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Lakers, West Ham
Saddest day for me in sports history.

26 of Jan will be forever the day a legend died.

I opened the foxsports.com website as I do multiples times a day and was stunned. In the blink of an eye one of my idols of the game and an absolute Lakers legend is gone. This we’ll be felt for a very long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember the day my all-time favourite basketballer announced that he had HIV and was retiring from the game immediately. It was my saddest day in sports. Today is another level of sadness, and then when I heard of his daughter dying in the crash as well. This is a real tragedy, especially for his family.

RIP Kobe and Gianna

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Hi Fam, like most of you, I have and still am struggling to come terms with this tragedy and as a lifelong Celtics fan, I couldn't find the right and fitting words to pay to tribute to Kobe for Laker Nation but these couple of tweets encapsulate exactly how I feel

Also my heart just aches for poor young Gigi and The rest of the Bryant family and other people and kids who tragically lost their life today.

Celtic and Laker Nation, along with the rest of The NBA Community mourn as one family

#RIPMamba #8 #24 💜💛 ☘☘

Lakers are going to equal the Celtics 17 championships this season. I have no doubt now.
The guys may be a little fragile for the next couple of games, but I believe their determination and resolve will be heightened for the remainder of the season.

Lakers are going to equal the Celtics 17 championships this season. I have no doubt now.
The guys may be a little fragile for the next couple of games, but I believe their determination and resolve will be heightened for the remainder of the season.
Lets hope so.

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
This. I think we'll see an undeterred determination that we've never seen from a team in recent times, particularly in the finals and particularly from Bron

It hurts now, but we will be stronger and more determined coming out of this adversity. It's what Kobe would have wanted

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Just a tiny point .... Someone needs to tell Stephen A Smith that 9 people including Kobe died in the accident, not Kobe Bryant and 9 others as he keeps saying.
I've watched greats of the game such as Jerry West and Shaq in tears over the passing of Kobe and put it down to how close they were to him. As a Lakers fan who loved watching him play but never met him, the news was devastating but not emotional for me. However, when I read Vanessa's statement this morning, I have to admit to the odd tear trickling down the cheek. I cannot even begin to imagine how she and her family would be feeling right now. So sad.

Last edited:
Back