Los Angeles Lakers Thread - The Inagural IST World Champions

Remove this Banner Ad

No matter what the result tomorrow, I'll be proud of the guys for regrouping after the tragedy. It'll obviously take some time to get through the trauma, but I'm confident we'll come out stronger on the other side

Trade deadline coming up, at this point I expect our moves to be very minimal

Reckon we'll go after some cheaper wing types (Valentine, GRIII etc), try to sign Collison and call it a day. If DC decides he isn't coming out of retirement, go after someone like a Patty Mills or Ish Smith (I'm not sure Rose gets traded at this point)

Well, if you can't beat the Rockets on your home court, it's a little difficult seeing us go deep into the playoffs. We need someone to shoot from the three, Lou Williams come home, all is forgiven. I'm over Kuzma as well, there was a time when I thought he was a career Laker, but not any more. I don't understand why Cook isn't given more of a run, he did pretty well filling in for Curry at the Warriors.

Last edited:
We should've made at least one deal. Didn't have to be Morris, but something that actually filled our needs. Bradley and Rondo can't be in our playoff rotation if we want to win games

Gonna hope Collison comes out of retirement (was at the game today with Jeanie, which is a good sign) and that Harkless gets a buyout with the Knicks

We seem to be in a bit of a rough patch right now, but I'm confident Bron steps it up after ASB. January/February is his off months, historically

One guy I've been pleasantly surprised with these last few games is AB, he's shooting 37% from deep now. Turned into an important cog for us

Just sort of chugging along, but need a big scalp. Enough of smashing these wimps like the Suns, we need to take down a giant.

Can we?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titles aren't won in January February

But they can be lost in February. Not picking up someone coming off the bench and dropping 3s in the mid-season draft could cost us big time. I have this recurring nightmare that we meet Clippers in the playoffs and the only difference between the teams will be Lou Williams coming off the bench and dropping 25 when they need it.

Just sort of chugging along, but need a big scalp. Enough of smashing these wimps like the Suns, we need to take down a giant.

Can we?

We have the Nuggets in Denver next, hopefully we can pick up that victory. Need to make some kind of statement after an average last 25 games

I'm going to guess we waive Daniels and pick up Waiters, that seems to be who the buzz is about. Not sure Waiters fills too much of a need though, I'd prefer someone like Reggie Jackson/Harkless (if they're both available) or even IT, even though his defense is still as horrible as ever. He'd be more effective than Rondo at least

If we do pick up Waiters, one thing I'm sure about is that we trust he won't be a headcase, it sounds like we're sounding him out to see if he'll derail the chemistry or not like we did with Dwight. Hopefully it'd end the same way as it has with D39

Huge win! Didn’t think we’d pull off the W in OT against the second best team in the west.

Massive at the end by KCP!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the Clippers sign Reggie Jackson and the Rockets grab DeMarre Carroll and Jeff Green

The only ones I'd probably waive Daniels for at this point are Trey Burke, IT, Evan Turner, Harkless and Waiters (pending approval from LBJ/AD)

We do need to make something of an upgrade though, reeks of arrogance if we just refuse to get better after the Clippers - the team that has already beat us twice and is our biggest rival at the top of the WC - have already made two upgrades

Nice, looks like we're getting Markieff, rate that

Plan apparently is to play Kuzma more minutes at the 3, which probably suits him more

Nice, looks like we're getting Markieff, rate that

Plan apparently is to play Kuzma more minutes at the 3, which probably suits him more
Handy, could mean we can get AD a bit more rest too. Not sure what happened to the Collison rumours.

I am a big LBJ/Laker fan but as the season progresses I am getting more and more worried about the Lakers. If they come out of the West which is probably a 50/50, I can see the Bucks dismantling them (and anybody else) with home court. Watched nearly every Laker game this season. They have had 2 or 3 good wins vs good opposition but nearly every time they have played one of the better teams they've been exposed. Definitely missing a key ingredient. My other thought is they have the best record in the west, and will most likely finish 1 seed so is it possible they are just "taking it easy" until playoff mode? Contradicts the earlier losses in the season to the better teams though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back